IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you Jules :rocker:

I am still wondering why grandma doesn't know what they had on...

I would like to hear more about the morning/what happened at the house before they left on the bike ride.

Isnt grandma suppose to be on JVMs show tonight?

Maybe Jane will ask her those questions.

imo

Per google maps, it is approx 1.5 miles from Lederman's to the SE corner of the lake via the bike route and takes 7-8 mins. They could have left at 12:15 and arrived at 12:22 - then the tipster sees the bikes abandoned at 12:27. Pretty tight time frame though.

I hope LE is looking very closely at the RSO's in the Collins' neighborhood and any other neighbors who might have been home at that time. I think the girls may have been taken from their own (Collins') neighborhood.

It was stated in the 4pm presser that all RSOs in the area had been interviewed and been cleared.

yeah, he said that about the lake- but I thought only the bikes were there, not any report of the girls seen there???

thought he said that about the in town location...in reference to where roadblocks might be questioning motorists other than the lake location, iirc.

I'm headed to work soon, but I'll leave some thoughts/clarification.

They were staying at Elizabeth's home, grandmother was there. A map (linked above) shows the location, as well as that of Lederman's Big and Tall. It should be noted that on the map they appear to be a block away, but Lederman's parking lot is a block deep and the actual business is literally a stone's throw from the Collins'. The map places the business right on Lafayette, but it is almost a block off the road. Essentially, the Collins' front yard and Lederman's are the same place, and I think the media used Lederman's as a reference point as most in the area know that but wouldn't know where the Collins' address is.

There are cops and reporters crawling all over this town, especially at the lake area, which is now being drained. That will take some time.

The woods by the pump house that many of suspect could have been used as cover for an abduction have been searched thoroughly. There were vehicle tracks all around it, much of the undergrowth has been stomped down, etc. There is police tape blocking anyone from going to the spot on the trail where the bikes were found...the tape is right at the edge of the woods, at the end of the fence.

It seems clear that LE is completely baffled, and is draining the lake to rule it out.

I hope LE is looking very closely at the RSO's in the Collins' neighborhood and any other neighbors who might have been home at that time. I think the girls may have been taken from their own (Collins') neighborhood.

And it concerns me that LE said they would do home searches of the southern 2/3 of the town. I think they need to check near the Collin's home as well!

It was stated in the 4pm presser that all RSOs in the area had been interviewed and been cleared.

The girls might have become victims of a sex offender who hasn't been caught yet/isn't on the SO Registry. Or an RSO who works in Evansdale, but doesn't live there.

Something that jumped out to me was the sheriff saying "supposedly where they were last seen"

That is pretty typical LE speakisms.

Since they werent the ones that saw the children for themselves they can only go by the time given to them by someone else.

I dont have any feeling at all that either family is involved in the disappearance of these two girls.

IMO

Is the 12:27 pm sighting verified or is that "gossip"? TIA

The girls might have become victims of a sex offender who hasn't been caught yet/isn't on the SO Registry. Or an RSO who works in Evansdale, but doesn't live there.

Now that is certainly a true statement. It could be someone that has never done this before or hasnt been caught. It could be someone recently released from prison.

You are right they may not live there but have reason to be in the area. Has family or works in the area perhaps.

IMO

That is pretty typical LE speakisms.

Since they werent the ones that saw the children for themselves they can only go by the time given to them by someone else.

I dont have any feeling at all that either family is involved in the disappearance of these two girls.

IMO

ita, don't think the family would be involved. Thanks for the heads-up on LE speakisms :)

The story as we have heard it does not make much sense. For example :

1. Why would someone stage the bikes and purse by the lake ? They would have had a great deal of trouble parking a vehicle. And they would have been taking a huge risk to carry the bikes to that spot,or try to throw them there. Why take that risk at all , it's Iowa, aren't there a lot of secluded lanes, and fields where a perp could have left the bikes ? It did no good to leave the bikes by the lake. LE has dragged the lake.The girls are not there...

Maybe there was no vehicle involved. IMO the stage worked sadly.

2. If it is true that the girls were last seen behing the clothing store at 12 :15, how could a perp have had time to lure them into a house, subdue them, put their bikes,and a purse, into a vehicle, drive out to the lake, stage the bikes and purse there... and all before 12 :27 p.m. when the biker saw the girls' bikes ?

Maybe they met up with a boy, older boy, by the clothing store on Lafayette Rd and took Lafayette Rd right to the beginning of Evansdale Nature Trail as soon as they left GM house.

3. If they were lured into a vehicle in the downtown area, why would a perp take the time to also load their bikes into his vehicle ? When he only would have had a small window of oportunity to take off with the girls ?

I think there is a whole lot LE is not saying. And they have still not called this a non-family abduction ? I hope LE did touch DNA on their property.

JMO

BBM I also think LE knows something and is not saying what clues they do have.

I think they were groomed for this "abduction" they only rode out for 20 minutes at a time.
5 minutes here 5 minutes there it would not take many days to build some trust..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173