LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also feel Dorothy Evyonne Rosier is a possible victim. She disappeared from Pineville, LA in 2010. She was 26, 5'0" tall, 100lbs, and quite beautiful. Pineville is an hour and half car trip north from Church Point on I-49. I have posted it before, but here's her missing site from the Louisiana Repositiory for Missing People:
http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=584
the area?

My cousin married into the Rosier family. I haven't really heard anything much about Dorothy but I will try and find out if it's the same family (same town so it's likely) and see what their thoughts are.

I tend to think that whatever evidence they found to charge him with Lisa Pate would have been found in his home. You'd think that if they something specific regarding the boards, etc., they could have gotten him earlier. After all, they did have his prints from having gone to prison.

Photographs, files, her (Pate) clothes.

Souvenirs. From the pictures, I'd say they took his bed, in pieces.

As for fingerprints: they could have only had a partial, but that partial could have matched many, including him.

I'm wondering why they have not moved his trailer to dig underneath. I want Mickey home TODAY!!

Photographs, files, her (Pate) clothes.

Souvenirs. From the pictures, I'd say they took his bed, in pieces.

As for fingerprints: they could have only had a partial, but that partial could have matched many, including him.

Wow, the dimensions of the case sure have changed... I have a Youngsville mailing address and live down the street from Youngsville city limits - the fastest growing town in Louisiana - so it hits home for me that Lisa Pate was from here. In 1999, Youngsville was small and sleepy. There must have been some publicity in The Advertiser, as the paper was much thicker back then.

I'm wondering why they have not moved his trailer to dig underneath. I want Mickey home TODAY!!

I read somewhere that his trailer is on the same spot as the house that burned down - he just put his trailer on the foundation of it. If I can find a link to that, I'll post it.

If that's the case and the trailer is sitting on some type of concrete foundation, then LE probably has no reason to dig up the foundation. Obviously they have looked under the trailer, and apparently didn't find anything.

I don't know the ins and outs of change-of-venue motions, but with the CajunNet and all the publicity, it doesn't seem unlikely to me that the trials may have to be moved - like to Shreveport or Monroe or somewhere within Louisiana but far away?

The other option COULD be to bring jurors in from Shreveport or Monroe or wherever and keep the actual trial in Lafayette. Obviously that could be costly as you'd have to house/feed them. Assuming LA law is similar, a motion such as that is very discretionary so it depends on the Judge assigned to hear the motion along with the arguments made. Personally, I almost wouldn't mind a change of venue if requested by the defense. Anything that takes one more argument away from him on appeal.

So the trailer sits on a foundation, not pier and beam? Who laid the foundation? Was it BSL?

Just an exercise... looking in the Lafayette phone book, which includes addresses as far away as New Iberia and Abbeville and points north, I see Pate households listed in:

Abbeville (2)
Scott (1)
Iota (2)
Broussard (2)
Lafayette (6)
Melville (1)
New Iberia (1)

Not many Pates listed - uncommon name - as opposed to common names like Hebert, which can take several pages in the phone book. They're probably all related.

The ones in Iota are closest to BSL's place.

It's possible that Lisa visited the area and they crossed paths.

NOT sleuthing these people - they deserve their privacy - just wanted to see if LP had relatives up near BSL. I think the Iota folks were likely related, due to the small number of Pates in the book.

ETA: It's about 20 miles from Iota to Swords.... a good distance. If Lisa was last seen in Lafayette, then that may have been where he saw her.

Katie78, I viewed your topix links, and found it interesting that the person in the rumors on the first of your links has the same last name as the female in the accident I linked.
It is a common last name in that area it seems, though.

As far as the accident, I was responding to the others who thought that accident was the one LT mentioned. That and the fact that it was the only fatal car accident in the area in June, 1999 is what caused me to look it up. However, yes, the couple (male 43, woman 34) ran off the road and hit a tree, no mention of car rolling either. I am confident a fatal accident involving a car flipping in the area [Acadia Parish?] would be on record...so
I am still looking

ETA a quick people search shows that the guy rumored in your links, Katie78 is related to the woman in the car accident that I linked from June 28, 1999.

The site where LP was found is on the boundary line between St Landry and Acadia parishes. I posted a page or 2 back about an accident on 6/19/99 in St. Landry on hwy 95 (which intersects with the Brigman hwy) where 3 people were in the car and 1 person died. I looked at your post, but it said "redacted," what was the last name in the article? Which guy from the topix links?

You all probably will think I'm nuts but I cannot let go of me thinking that BSL was in TENN. and took Holly Bobo: BSL wore fatigues. I'm probably way off but my gut and mind just keeps going there. I don't know why.

I keep thinking that too....

So the trailer sits on a foundation, not pier and beam? Who laid the foundation? Was it BSL?

I can't say for sure that it DOES sit on a foundation. In reading a zillion things about this case, I read somewhere that after the house burned down, BSL moved a trailer onto the foundation.

But I can't find a link to that, so it may be it was just someone's speculation on another site. I'll keep looking and will post a link if I find one.

If anyone knows for sure, please jump in and say so.

Thanks!

Just a question.

Ladies, ignore the facts for a second and just look at him.

How many of you, honestly, would accept help from him based on his looks?

Just a question.

Honestly, based on looks alone, without prior knowledge or local rumor, I'd just see him as a normal, fairly attractive man - but I'd still not take a lift from him.

The part about BSL supposedly putting an ad in the QuickQuarter looking for a roommate strikes a chord with me. (For non-locals - the QuickQuarter is a free paper where people advertise for free - a paper version of Craigslist.)

I don't know what it is about local women considering moving in with strange men....

A friend of my friend's fiancee is 21 years old - a bold-talking intellectual girl.
Last month she was talking about the fact she was looking for a roommate - had placed an ad in the QuickQuarter, and a 32-y.o. guy had answered, and wanted to move in with her, and she was wondering if she should, as he brags about his machine guns, etc.

I'm old enough to be her dad and said, "are you crazy? You can't put yourself in that kind of situation because it's going to be a mess!!! You're going to end up having sex with him."

This girl doesn't listen to anyone - like MANY Lafayette girls, I might add - and so the next week she brought him to the club I frequent weekly to introduce him.

The guy was an offshore worker - was intense - had issues - then took off his shirt to show his incredible abs that had the girls drooling, and his collection of Satanic body art. I didn't say a word, but was disturbed that the girl would take a chance on a stranger like that. Later I had a smooth-talking friend of mine (I'm too blunt for my own good) grill him about the tattoos, and he talked about how he did stupid things when he was younger and now has to live with it when he looks in the mirror.

We all talked a bit and something came up where I joked that he and I were competing for her attentions (I was not - too young for me - just a joke) and would have to have a contest.

He deadpanned that there would be no contest because he would just blow my f-in' head off and that would be the end of it.

The idiot girl moved in with him anyway. I've been keeping tabs and she says it's going OK.... but I do wonder about these young Lafayette women - fearless, pretty, and naive as hell.

The other option COULD be to bring jurors in from Shreveport or Monroe or wherever and keep the actual trial in Lafayette. Obviously that could be costly as you'd have to house/feed them. Assuming LA law is similar, a motion such as that is very discretionary so it depends on the Judge assigned to hear the motion along with the arguments made. Personally, I almost wouldn't mind a change of venue if requested by the defense. Anything that takes one more argument away from him on appeal.

Imo, a sequestered jury would more than likely be ordered by the Judge in BSL's Death penalty trial/s which would nullify any additional expense from importing jurors from elsewhere.

The States Justice Systems are continuously looking for cost cutting measures as their budgets decline. Importing jurors is one of these measures. There is precedent as of late in LA for the importing of jurors..
DP trials are very expensive and have actually darn near bankrupted many smaller municipalities.

Again, there has been much higher profile serial killer cases in LA, than BSL's and the change of venue motion was denied. Serial Killer DTL's was only one..

An aware, informed, & educated juror pool is not a cause for change of venue.

'The sky is falling; change of venue arguement is simply a way of justifying silence in an investigation, imo'..

"Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon"..

Just a question.

I would not, even in the pics where he is smiling. I can see that he looks like a normal guy in the younger pic but do not think I would have trusted him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000