LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
A basic court question:

Do the two 1st-degree murder indictments mean that there will be two separate trials?

If so, which one would come first, or would they be simultaneous?

I asked this yesterday, but got no answer. I wonder if they will use the Pate case as a bargaining chip to try and get info on Mickey's whereabouts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Should discussion about Lisa's case go in a separate thread, or here? I'm thinking if more victims turn up, it's going to be very chaotic. But, it could be harder to follow if each victim had a separate thread. How does WS usually handle that?

Arresting BSL may have a dampening effect on the Jennings SK. It's easier to get away with stuff if there are several killers on the loose.

My hunch is that LE was onto him, and that he felt they were far too close to him for his comfort, so he receded. My hunch is that he is -- or is connected to -- LE.

Strictly my opinion.

So 9 out of 11 jurors found the evidence compelling:

"The grand jury consisted of six men and five women. At least nine of them agreed there was sufficient evidence to formally charge Lavergne in the two cases."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...unick-second-woman-s-murders?odyssey=nav|head

"The next step in the judicial process will probably come at 9 a.m. July 27. Burleigh Doga, a public defender appointed to Lavergne's case, filed a motion Monday for a preliminary hearing for the state to show probable cause to arrest Lavergne and for a reduction in bail."

Okay, I think that's probably my 10% lol. I thought I read earlier that if they came back with a true bill, BSL's defense would have no right to any preliminary hearing, and the same is stated in this article. I guess it's unclear at this point whether anything will take place on the 27th or not.

I asked this yesterday, but got no answer. I wonder if they will use the Pate case as a bargaining chip to try and get info on Mickey's whereabouts.

I'd think they'd go with the one they have the most hard evidence on. If it looks like that's Pate, they'll prosecute that one first, IMO.

I believe BSL will bargain only on the DP for MS's body.

He's already looking at double life, what's he got to lose at this point?

MOO, natch

So in light of what we know so far, BSL likes to cover the tracks of his murders with other *accidents*. He used a car crash the night of Lisa Pate's murder and he used a mugging *incident* at a gas station, hours after Mickey's murder? I'm using a question mark because I still hate to think of her being dead :(

I'm wondering how many other *accidents* or *incidents* or *fires* he has used over the years to cover up other murders?

Also, I'm no psychologist, but from what we know about his unhappy childhood, I'm thinking that Brandon's feelings of rejection, especially from his birth mother, made him seek out and murder women who symbolized his mother in his twisted, tortured mind. :twocents:

bottom paragraph BBM

i think it has more to do with child abuse and molestation. but the abandonment and attachment issues just adds fuel to the fire that was child BSL

Should discussion about Lisa's case go in a separate thread, or here? I'm thinking if more victims turn up, it's going to be very chaotic. But, it could be harder to follow if each victim had a separate thread. How does WS usually handle that?

I would think if separate trials, then under the trials section it would make sense to have them separate...

Right now, if you google just for Lisa, you find very little about her without it involving Mickey, so for now I would say the one thread we have is sufficient...
just my :twocents:

Unfortunately, I think I would have to say yes.

At first he looked like such a normal guy. Its amazing that I see a totally different person now in the same pics.

He has always looked so familiar to me. And just about every single person I have talked to has said the same. He is very familiar looking and his name is familiar. Did we know him for some reason?

I am sure none of us (family or friends) have never met him, but he has that look.

I said the same thing to my mother last night. I wouldn't have crossed the street to avoid him, unfortunately. Makes me re-evaluate my thoughts. You always picture the "bad guy" looking like a certain way. I also thought he looked familiar. I am not from the area and when I would have been in my "partying years" he was behind bars so I am certain I don't know him. But he has that "familiar" look. Makes me cringe to think about it.

I'd think they'd go with the one they have the most hard evidence on. If it looks like that's Pate, they'll prosecute that one first, IMO.

I believe BSL will bargain only on the DP for MS's body.

He's already looking at double life, what's he got to lose at this point?

MOO, natch

Control/His possession/s...and the probable unknown victims location.

Megsy,:woohoo:
Thank you so much for the awesome timeline. At this time I can't figure out where your latest one is. I am unsure if the following items are included in your timeline. I am trying to see if you did or are addressing the questions. Maybe cause it's 3 am and my brain is too tired to think straight.

Bessie or Megsy,
I am not sure where to post these questions. I am unsure if these are on megsy. If the following needs to be posted elsewhere just let me know so I can delete and post in appropriate location.

I have questions.
Is anyone doing a timeline of BSL from 1994 til June 2012?
Possibly there are other girls that he terrorized and connections can be looked into.

BSL TIMELINE 1994 til June 2012
-- *Dates & locations of where BSL resided and with who. Properties & dates owned by bsl, his family members or relatives that BSL had access to.
-- *Date of BSL parents divorce and who & location he remained with.
-- *Dates & locations of schools, hospital, reform training, mental clinic, behavior clinics, etc.
-- *Dates & locations of military Army training & stations and dates of leave taken.
-- *Vehicles registered by BSL or he had access to drive (parents or family). How & when were vehicles disposed of (sold, traded) ?
-- *Police reports incidents, crimes or accidents BSL involved in with dates, location and what was situation.
-- *Was he allowed out of prison for visitations etc during his 8 yrs? If so, when & where?
-- *Where was he released from prison (city) and how did he arrive to his home and where?
-- *Employment companies & dates he was employed after prison release. Dates and Locations of employment, temporary assignments, training, leave dates, where he met boats, helicopter etc to go offshore.
----------
I have composed this message three times since yesterday but it seems to disappear as I am trying to post.

Thank you for the warm sleuthers here...... :tyou:
Since joining, I feel I am blessed with this place for insight and support. Thank y'all for all that's done. I appreciate it.

God bless families of Mickey, :angel: Lisa and others tormented by BSL.
:candle::candle: Bring Mickey home!!

I would still consider unsolved murders in the general area of wherever he was incarcerated. He was probably a model prisoner and made trustee status. That means he was allowed outside to work on whatever needed fixing and on trash clean up or whatever. It can be pretty lenient, more lenient than most people imagine. He was a con artist and I believe he could have murdered someone on his lunch hour and never thought twice about it. I think a calendar is extremely important at this point and will help in solving many murders. And prevent probably at least ten to a hundred more if he had not been caught. He messed with the wrong girl this time. Thank God.

I would still consider unsolved murders in the general area of wherever he was incarcerated. He was probably a model prisoner and made trustee status. That means he was allowed outside to work on whatever needed fixing and on trash clean up or whatever. It can be pretty lenient, more lenient than most people imagine. He was a con artist and I believe he could have murdered someone on his lunch hour and never thought twice about it. I think a calendar is extremely important at this point and will help in solving many murders. And prevent probably at least ten to a hundred more if he had not been caught. He messed with the wrong girl this time. Thank God.

RSO's are eligible to be trustees?

Just a question.

Ladies, ignore the facts for a second and just look at him.

How many of you, honestly, would accept help from him based on his looks?

well since i'm paranoid of everyone i would not. but i think this is a biased good of women since we are on a website of missing and unidentified persons!! so we're probably much more aware and cautious than the average jane! but the average person probably would. especially the younger BSL pre-prison as he was handsome, now he's not so hot, overweight and yucky, but not really that creepy looking.

The Pate case itself isn't much of a bargaining chip. Even if LE drops that case, BSL is looking at the death penalty. The bargaining chip is the death penalty vs. life w/o parole. Having two shots at the death penalty is the bargaining chip. The question is, would you accept a plea of guilty to the 2 murders but also agreeing to life in prison w/o parole in exchange for BSL telling everything he knows about the two murders but most importantly having it hinge on him taking LE to Mickey's body?

I wonder if the 2nd murder charge came as a surprise to defense lawyers. They had just requested a bond reduction hearing. Maybe they thought it possible to get a not true bill?
Also, is their client cooperating with them and telling them his past..if not they could have lots of surprises coming up.

new thread: move on over. This one will close in about five minutes

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179263"]LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi all! I couldn't post yesterday! My words may not have been too welcoming... I just can't get Mickey off of my mind knowing that BSL knows where she is and her family is in so much pain.
Quick question.. My thoughts had been he'd brought Mickey out of town (TX) and his her there. But would he chance going all that way with a body( hurts to write that) in his truck??

So 9 out of 11 jurors found the evidence compelling:

"The grand jury consisted of six men and five women. At least nine of them agreed there was sufficient evidence to formally charge Lavergne in the two cases."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...unick-second-woman-s-murders?odyssey=nav|head

"The next step in the judicial process will probably come at 9 a.m. July 27. Burleigh Doga, a public defender appointed to Lavergne's case, filed a motion Monday for a preliminary hearing for the state to show probable cause to arrest Lavergne and for a reduction in bail."

Okay, I think that's probably my 10% lol. I thought I read earlier that if they came back with a true bill, BSL's defense would have no right to any preliminary hearing, and the same is stated in this article. I guess it's unclear at this point whether anything will take place on the 27th or not.

Not familiar with LA law, but my guess is they can still ASK for it, but since it would be redundant to what the GJ just did, it likely won't be granted. My guess is they still ask for bond and hopefully/likely are denied on that as well.

Hey, I won't fault you! Makes sense if Brandon was injured! I wouldn't put it past him to have caused it somehow... maybe not...

just WOW! I hope that girl can relax now and live her life to the fullest she is able!
moo

I'm not trying to argue about the wreck at all~ just so ya know!
Data can be wrong...

How interesting. He gets in a car wreck. But he does not have injuries. The driver, who he lives with, is killed. Another passenger has severe injuries. He has no injuries? And a 34-year-old woman is found murdered in the back yard of the home these two guys live in which belongs to Brandon's parents as a camp. I am considering that the car wreck was a cover up for not one death (LP) but perhaps the only witness to her death -- that being the other guy that he lived with. Well, as the d worm squirms.

What I really cannot get over is: If your relative was charged with rape, accused of a different rape, in a car wreck where his friend was killed, a woman was found dead in his back yard, he burned your home down twice....how exactly do you continue to think he is the best thing since sliced bread? My theory is that when true evil exists, people around that evil are drawn into the evil and truly blinded by it. Like the camera flash off of "Men in Black". I imagine there are plenty of folks that are majorly relieved that this will never get out of prison. Ever.

I wonder if the 2nd murder charge came as a surprise to defense lawyers. They had just requested a bond reduction hearing. Maybe they thought it possible to get a not true bill?
Also, is their client cooperating with them and telling them his past..if not they could have lots of surprises coming up.

Don't they usually instruct their clients NOT to tell them about other things in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare