LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
And meth. Alters your brain chemicals so you actually stop caring for people. Like you cant even recovnize their hurt or anguish. Even from your kids.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's why I asked Foxfire, after the initial post about SKs/meth, whether he/she saw this as a "new breed" of serial killer -- people who wouldn't have been SKs if not for the meth use.

Serial killers that don't dump bodies in "public" places hoping they will be found, tend to dump bodies in places known to them; places that mean something.

Really, I wonder if he ever went back to check on his hide underneath the boards.

That makes a lot of sense. Maybe he got caught this time because he graduated to abducting and murdering someone that wouldn't just disappear for no reason. Lots of serial killers elude capture because they kill runaways, prostitutes, and drug addicts.

I agree 100%.

I think the whole meth thing is two separate groups of people. One is someone who is a killer anyway, but is attracted to a drug like that. The other, becomes violent when taking that type of substance. The second isn't a serial killer, in my opinion.

And yet people still give Ritalin and the like to their children, even though it is basically meth.

Except if you know how an add brain works speeding it up makes sense. I married a man with undiagnosed add.

Except if you know how an add brain works speeding it up makes sense. I married a man with undiagnosed add.

It is still meth given to children. And there are ways to cope with ADD without taking meds.

Just found out that my mother in laws husband is Pate's brother. They had no idea this was going on until the news broke the story.😔Sad situation.

:wagon:

Welcome to Websleuths, Cajungurl!
Happy to have you with us.

I know that family must be going through a turmoil of emotions! Prayers for them.

Would this not possibly be how they know he killed Pate as well as exactly when her death was.. copy/pasted laffy taffy post:
This murder is the one that I was speaking of. Her remains were found under some wood behind a "camp" BSL was a poi and questioned but didn't have enough evidence to make an arrest. The case had gone cold until now. Someone that knew about the murder started talking to police after learning of his arrest for Mickey
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8164867&postcount=1231"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37[/ame]

I found this link regarding serial killers and insanity, being crazy etc...
Just thought I'd share the rest of the article is at the link.

Are serial killers insane? Not by legal standards. "The incidence of psychosis among murderers is no greater than the incidence of psychosis in the total population," said psychiatrist Donald Lunde. The legal definition of insanity is based on the 19th century McNaghten Rules

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/tick/insane_8.html

Has it been discussed whether BSL did drugs or took any medication? I saw SomeGuys post about how he didn't drink or didn't drink much and he broke up with a girl because she drank a lot/was a partier. Is this an okay thing to discuss or has there not been any articles/quotes about this?

It's interesting to me that he didn't drink or maybe he tried to apear that he didn't drink? As I think most/many SK are alcoholics or have some kind of substance abuse problem.

I would think it would be a legit topic, and an interesting one -- if we can find any verified information.

That's why I asked Foxfire, after the initial post about SKs/meth, whether he/she saw this as a "new breed" of serial killer -- people who wouldn't have been SKs if not for the meth use.
IMO
Most meth addicts become recluse... they hide out and put tinfoil and duct tape on the windows... They get paranoid, can't hold a job... think every LED light in their home is watching them. They pull out all the wires from the walls in fear of the CIA listening to them.

BSL may have "burned a home or two" and his truck. AFAIK he was functioning, planning and NOT paranoid in the least! BUT maybe they went BOOM! who knows!

The OPPOSITE actually...

~jmo

from past experience with "poeple"...

maybe he became paranoid with petite blond girls WHO KNOWS!

MOO he's too "heavy" to do meth!

The kill gets him "high"

Lisa Pate last seen late June and killed July 3. My opinion on this: Her brother was quoted as saying drug abuse and the lifestyle that goes with it is what killed her and her family has said she did not show up for her son's birthday party. She may not have been raising her children as I also read she spent some time in jail the year prior. Maybe they last saw her late June and maybe her son's birthday is July 3, something she would not have missed and possibly date reported missing.

I could see that, b/c they HAVE to put a date in (from what I understand about death certificates)....it couldn't be left blank. How horrific for the son to have his mother's "death date" on his bday though...a little inconsiderate if they picked it for that reason, scientifically/LE wise...I get it, I suppose :-( Hard telling at this point though.

I think BSL most likely thought MS was impaired, due to the time at night, which would make her an easy target. I don't personally think he was after a "challenge" IMO of course.

I love lurking on this thread, particularly b/c everyone has such wonderful ideas :rocker: Keep it up!!!

It is still meth given to children. And there are ways to cope with ADD without taking meds.

I don't think it is meth and certainly not in same amount. Besides I know of no other remdies that work for extreme cases. Although I had a college friend who swore by weed.

I found this link regarding serial killers and insanity, being crazy etc...
Just thought I'd share the rest of the article is at the link.

Are serial killers insane? Not by legal standards. "The incidence of psychosis among murderers is no greater than the incidence of psychosis in the total population," said psychiatrist Donald Lunde. The legal definition of insanity is based on the 19th century McNaghten Rules

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/tick/insane_8.html

Another standard/definition is used in some jurisdictions. For more info, see my post here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8164556&postcount=1166"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37[/ame]

attachment.php

what news article did this pic come from? those are some big bags

justwannahelp

where did you find this picture?

interesting that they have bags over the TOP of the other bags, something must be sticking out the top

I don't think it is meth and certainly not in same amount. Besides I know of no other remdies that work for extreme cases. Although I had a college friend who swore by weed.

Any time you are altering brain chemistry/circuitry -- even to aid chemistry/circuitry that is already "off" -- it pays to be very well informed and very cautious, JMO.

They do?

I mean I can't say for sure but I feel like many well known serial killers had some kind of substance abuse problem. Ted Bundy was an alcoholic and frequently would drink in his brown bug while driving around hunting for a girl to kill. J. Dahmer was a pretty normal kid at the beginning of high school but towards the end he started to party all the time and was drunk constantly at school and then he started killing people. Drugs and alcohol just add more fuel to the fire of these people who are already having such sexual problems and anger issues. I could see how meth would "focus" an otherwise anxious/angry person and cause their "other side" to come out, idk just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member