GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Haven't posted in this thread but have been following.

First of all, I want to say that my heart breaks for Lynn's family and friends, especially her children. Know that there are so many thoughts and prayers for you as you endure this ordeal.

I hope & pray that Nate is captured TODAY and this doesn't drag on any longer for this family and friends that loved Lynn. I totally believe the Columbus siting by Laura was indeed Nate and an opportunity lost to capture him. Kudos to Laura for being willing to get involved, even to the point of trying to follow him. Thanks SurfieTX for the link to the 911 call by the way but it infuriates me to no end that her telephone number was not bleeped out on that recording. That is just so wrong!!

Thank you to all the locals and those that know Laura for your input in this thread. The people who frequent here want nothing more than justice for Lynn! It will come I am sure. I just pray it's sooner, rather than later.

Rest in peace Lynn, knowing there's so many whose lives have been touched by your story. Nate WILL go down for what he's done!!!

Just a comment on the BBM sentence: Oh, those seven little words; how many times have we seen this? And what is the usual outcome?

ohiogirl, thanks for the link....

Maddening, just maddening.
icon8.gif

please excuse this mini rant, but I am angry. :banghead:

According to pipl.com he's lived in Athens, Ohio. He also lived in Mansfield which is perhaps why the warning there but it's possible he already travelled through there on his way to Columbus. I think they should be on the lookout on the route to Athens. And he does appear to have family connections to WV which is also in that general direction.

How do toll roads work down there? Would he have to be avoiding them?

MOO

Just checking in and had hoped he would've been captured by now. Just where does he expect to go? He can trust no one.

Blood may have been deposited when he reentered the cottage to get the shower curtain. I think he did the deed outside.

He's one troubled pup and needs to be found before he hurts someone else and prolly getting crazier as the days pass by.

Just checking in and had hoped he would've been captured by now. Just where does he expect to go? He can trust no one.

Blood may have been deposited when he reentered the cottage to get the shower curtain. I think he did the deed outside.

He's one troubled pup and needs to be found before he hurts someone else and prolly getting crazier as the days pass by.

My guess is he's hold up someplace trying to figure out an easy way of suicide...

Why is this article and video saying the licence tag on his car is stolen? Did I miss that somewhere?

Could that be how he is using toll roads? Change the tags?

http://fox8.com/2012/07/19/manhunt-intensifies-for-ashland-moms-suspected-killer/

Only reason I can think is that when he was spotted on Tuesday night at the apartment complex, he appeared to be removing someone else's tag so maybe he was successful in acquiring that other tag and they know that but.... it would be a different tag number than what was reported earlier so color me confused. The way this article is worded, sounds like the original reported tag was stolen.

Why is this article and video saying the licence tag on his car is stolen? Did I miss that somewhere?

Could that be how he is using toll roads? Change the tags?

http://fox8.com/2012/07/19/manhunt-intensifies-for-ashland-moms-suspected-killer/

There aren't any toll roads in Ohio except the turnpike which runs east-west in northern ohio. we have many back roads that he's using to get around on. Local news reported the story is going to air on Americas Most Wanted on sat. Also everyone might be interested in the help find nate summerfield facebook page.

I've had a heavy heart today with how this is going to turn out. I pray that he just turns himself in. For the sake of Lynn's family, Nate's family and the children. They all deserve answers. Who knows what the children saw or were told? Only he does. He needs to fill in the blanks so that therapists and the family can help the children heal properly. The correct version will also help decipher any confusing statements that the kids could be making. Their minds are probably a jumbled up mess, especially with any interrogations that they've had.
He loved them enough to return them home. He needs to love them enough to help them as they learn to live without their parents.

The news media has a lot of confusing and conflicting information out there. I have read and heard that Nate's car is black not gray as previously reported. Then I read last night on one of the many websites that his eyes are blue not green. With all this conflicting information how in the world will people know who and what to look for? Stacy Dittrich tells about the possible sighting and the incident in a bar in which it may or may not have been Nate. If the media doesn't get their info straight then there may be men who resemble him that will be reported, harrassed, and chased while Nate gets farther away. I'm a domestic violence survivor and lived through some of the same things Lynn endured. I have also been choked, locked out of the house in my undies, threatened with a gun, and much more as my child saw and heard all of this. I am blessed and lucky that I got out of the 2 abusive relationships I was in. Men like Nate and my exes are charming and can manipulate a woman into doing just about anything they want. Men like Nate and my exes are so extremely jealous and violence comes with that jealousy. My heart goes out to the families and friends. RIP Lynn.

There aren't any toll roads in Ohio except the turnpike which runs east-west in northern ohio. we have many back roads that he's using to get around on. Local news reported the story is going to air on Americas Most Wanted on sat. Also everyone might be interested in the help find nate summerfield facebook page.

Saturday???...americas most wanted is reruns on saturday...tv guide says new episode is friday 9pm...can you verify that for me?

His situation is changing by the day. I've seen conflicting reports about how much cash he has. One said $300 and another report said $600. Either way, this is not very much to work with! He may have had some cash with him before the ATM withdrawal, but it's safe to say his money is running out if it hasn't already. Once his cash is gone, there's only a few possibilities left.

1) He starts stealing food, gas, etc. to keep running.
2) He works for cash for someone unaware.
3) Someone is helping him with cash, car, and/or hiding place.
4) He's somewhere dead.

If he's still alive (possibilities 1 thru 3), he is going to need more interactions with other people. This will create more chances for people to ID him and get him behind bars. His chances of getting caught are increasing every hour.

Since he has to pay for gas with cash, he has to go inside and pay in person. Same with food. Hopefully his photo and car description are getting out.

Anyone working as a cashier in a gas station, fast-food restaurant, or grocery store has got the best possible chance to see him face-to-face.

If he stays unseen for long periods of time, then it increases the likelihood that someone is helping him - or he's already dead.

Also - if LE knows for sure his plates were swapped, they should say so! If they know what plates he might be using, they should give that info out too.

Right now everyone's looking for FMV 7540, but some reports indicate he may have already ditched those plates??!

Day 12 on the run Nate Summerfield. I bet you aren't sleeping very well. Things going bump in the night? Time is ticking, and yours is running out!

It's hard to look people in the eye when you are paranoid. Thinking everyone is out to get you? Oh wait... Everyone IS out to get you!

The next person you see could be the one. Thousands, maybe millions, of people know what you look like now. We even know what you look like in disguise - unless you pluck out your creepy eyes. You will be seen, you will be caught. Prepare yourself.

The next photo we see will be your mug shot.

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Nate -- suicide?? Makes sense, in a way... He may already be gone, after hiding himself a bit better than he hid poor Lynn. Check into some little Notel Motel, or some lonely little road going into the woods somewhere -- take pills & take a nap..... or use a plastic bag and a zip-tie... Did he hate her that much? To kill her before killing himself? I think if he planned her murder -- which he certainly may not have -- then he also planned his suicide as well... It makes more sense to me if he did plan to do this in advance... Or, was it just a sudden burst of fury & rage?

Any thoughts?

I am just checking in -- I've go a lot of catching up to do on the posts here, but since I'm in NC, the news has been fairly up-to-date, I think.

Maybe this question has been asked too many times, but I haven't seen it yet (lotsa catching-up to do)... and who knows the answer besides Nate & maybe his brother....

Why did Nate tell his brother that he strangled Lynn to death? Why did he say anything about it? Confession before his own suicide? Does anybody on this forum know him well enuff to make an educated guess?
:waitasec:

I looked at the map that was posted of the former marine's apartment building and all the surrounding business. That's a pretty busy area. There are not to many places I've been in CBus that don't have cameras in the parking lots.

The marshals and the Cbus police have both said that the former marine's report sounds creditable. Let's not forget they had air support and tons of cops out that night. I still don't think they do that unless they have reason to believe.

I guess what I am saying......I believe they have the car on video. If not from that apt...at least from the surrounding businesses. From news videos of the apt complex....that apt building is lit up like daylight. Plus they are saying they have video from Meijers.

Jami Kinton (the reporter from mansfieldnewsjournal) was talking to Laura, the former marine...but after the marine talked to the US marshalls...the marshalls have told all involved in the case not to talk to reporters anymore. That was reported on Jami Kintons' twitter feed by Jami herself.
Jami Kinton‏@JamiKinton
Those who spotted Nate Summerfield are no longer allowed to talk to media.
https://twitter.com/JamiKinton

How many of us on here would notice our licence plates switched? To be honest...I wouldn't. The big question....would NS take the time to switch the plates...or would he just steal them and not bother with switching? I think somebody would notice if they didn't have plates (esp since we have to have front and backs) but I'm not sure we would notice if he just switched them with his.

Also, he could have stolen the plates of an out-of-state car. Some state's require 2 plates, but some states only 1. Even if he took his 2 plates off his car and switched them with a one state...like Louisiana....how would we know? Say for example I see a car like his and it has a LA tag on it and some front end damage...I wouldn't know the difference. Also, say I was the LA car and I was staying in the motel overnight. I might not notice my tag was gone or switched with an Ohio tag until a cop pulled me over. Plus, you can add in the fact that some people travel with trailers or campers on the back...and may not notice their plates gone.

It's always been my opinion that he's on some dirt road somewhere in the middle of nowhere..dead with some long suicide note beside him singing about "woo is me" It's either that, or he has a really good place that he planned to go beforehand. Like a friend's empty cabin that he's heard about and knows nobody is there or he has somebody helping him.

Sorry for the long post. Just some thoughts I had this morning. I hope this comes to an end today.

Digital billboards posted around the country helped bring a missing 4-year-old local girl home two years ago.

U.S. Marshals hope they will be as helpful in the search for murder suspect Nathan Summerfield.

Billboards have been posted on the major highways in central Ohio, and along routes from Chicago to New York and the Carolinas to Florida.

As law enforcement stepped up the manhunt for Summerfield, the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force operated Thursday out of the annex of the Ashland County Sheriff's Office. About 30 members were on the case.

"Anybody that can do that to a loved one is capable of doing anything," said Deputy U.S. Marshal Jeff Irwin, coordinator for the Akron division.

http://www.bucyrustelegraphforum.co...-continues?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Officials say Summerfield's family has not heard from him, seen him, or been in contact with him.

Irwin says people should be concerned and aware of their surroundings, as Summerfield is considered to be armed and dangerous.

Irwin says people on the run do whatever they have to do to stay on the run.

Officials believe Summerfield is still driving the same 2009 dark gray Honda Civic four door.

It's possible the car now has different license plates.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Summerfield is asked to contact authorities.

An $8,000 reward is being offered to anyone with information that leads to Summerfield.

http://www.wmfd.com/newsboard/single.asp?Story=51304

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livianth
Back