*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious where he got all of the body armor. Most of the heavy duty stuff is illegal, but they didn't say what exactly he was wearing. But he also had bullet proof leggings, which I have never seen for sale, ANYwhere.

Military supply shops - everything right down to the gas mask and filters.

ETA Oh the word is surplus not supply.

Not sure if every state has them.

I'm curious where he got all of the body armor. Most of the heavy duty stuff is illegal, but they didn't say what exactly he was wearing. But he also had bullet proof leggings, which I have never seen for sale, ANYwhere.

Maybe the pawn shop I was talking about? Swap Meet? Military Base? Body protection can be illegal?

Maybe the pawn shop I was talking about? Swap Meet? Military Base? Body protection can be illegal?

Certain "classes" of body protection can be illegal, yes. Police don't want the bad guys being too well protected. I know gas masks are pretty easily obtained.

So far we have not heard from MSM that the perpetrator is or could be either a "satanist" or a "terrorist."

So let's carry on, keeping that knowledge in the forefront.

Where this post lands is random.

I am local (live in the same SD neighborhood as his parents) and I know I saw somewhere, either on local TV or somewhere online, sorry can't remember which, that the entire family including JH was heavily involved in their Presbyterian church.

ETA: I don't know the family or anything, just seeing my neighborhood on the local and national news.

ETA again: Found source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ect-neighbor-he-seemed-like-a-normal-kid.html

The Military Surplus places in the Southwest are wild. Anything from BDUs to gas masks - from a variety of countries and all different styles. Some way old. They sell knives - all sizes of ammo boxes. Footlockers that look like they have seen better days. Then you get into all the protective and tactical. And memorabilia - patches - pins. Stuff not just American. Some of these are in industrial areas - the huge shops. One I can think of is smaller and across the street from college campus.

Which he obviously does, people dont do what he did because of a few instances of rage, he had something building in him whether others picked up on it or not. I am hearing he was in med school dont know if that is true or not, others say it was a PhD program but if it were med school they generally screen for mental health issues as that is a program of study and profession where one can easily "snap" if they cant deal with pressure, rejection etc.

I'm a medical school student. They do not screen for mental health issues outside of if it is extremely obvious from your essays and talking to you during interviews. There is nothing extra. But they are saying he is a phD student, which also doesnt screen for mental health issues either

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I am local (live in the same SD neighborhood as his parents) and I know I saw somewhere, either on local TV or somewhere online, sorry can't remember which, that the entire family including JH was heavily involved in their Presbyterian church.

ETA: I don't know the family or anything, just seeing my neighborhood on the local and national news.

ETA again: Found source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ect-neighbor-he-seemed-like-a-normal-kid.html

photo from link

Attachments

• james holmes.png
    james holmes.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 18
After looking into it, apparently most of the restrictions regarding body armor are related only to convicted felons, which would not apply to this individual. I bet that changes after this.

her save her kids after the father abandoned them! I wanted to make sure he gets some recognition somewhere...here's a 19 yr old stranger who doesn't act to save himself first but the FATHER does...I'm just incredulous that Jamie Rohrs dumped his baby on the ground and ran away, got in his car and drove away leaving his family behind. Oh, and both the mother and the teen, Jarrell Brooks were shot and the Dad, oh, he was just fine...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/jarell-brooks-aurora-hero_n_1690579.html?utm_hp_ref=impact

This Jarell Brooks is a true hero! Before I knew the whole story, I saw Jamie Rohrs and GF interviewed on CNN. My first reaction was: what do you mean you left the theater and drove around in your truck?! Without your children? Without your girlfriend?!

I cannot state with 100% certainty - as I have never been in his situation, but I can say there is a 99.99% chance I would never put my baby down and leave that room. No matter what was going on! I am 100% sure I wouldn't walk to my truck and drive away.

Thank God for Jarell Brooks who put his life on the line to save 2 children and a young woman - all strangers to him. Jarell should be recognized for his brave actions.

I know this couple got engaged in heat of emotions, and that's all warm and fuzzy. This girl, however, should understand that she is going to marry the man who walked (probably ran) out without his kids.

She should actually marry the 19 yo hero, Jarell Brooks. He's the one her family can rely on when bullets start flying!!!

The Mumbai Attack should be a wake up call that Al-Qaeda can carry a terrorist attack like that.
What is particularly troubling about this case, outside of the obvious (innocents were murdered), is the fact that this guy may have made/received a call to/from someone prior to the attack. ( link, see 1 minute mark ) If he actually made contact with someone, it would be so easy to ditch the phone during the ensuing panic... a phone that could have been a burner phone, and thereby not even be registered to him, making it tough for LE to sort out.

And then, there's reports of the "sophisticated booby trap" ( link ). Sure, he was in a neuroscience doctoral program, and he was allegedly really smart but hello? Everything I've read thus far, wrt the booby trap, goes far beyond the "joe, graduate drop-out becomes psychotic mass killer" profile.

Moreover, these sorts generally melt down and implode. Usually committing suicide, in the process. Or at the very least, have wild paranoid psychotic rants about evil governments monitoring their thoughts... or something like that. Instead, this guy not only doesn't suicide but he shuts up and lawyers up.

Now, consider that, only two months ago, the FBI published this press release ( pdf ) regarding terrorist attacks and theaters?

All things considered, I admittedly cannot shake the feeling that this may be a portent of worse to come.

I really hope I am wrong.

I registered as orora a week ago. I once tried tracking an individual who went by the name James Holmes. The town of Aurora now has a James Holmes. The Holmes I sought disappeared behind the walls and laws of a psychiatric facility.

Ironic for me. The last Holmes was set up by the Police as the patsy for the murder of a child. This Holmes shows up just 30 miles from Columbine. The dark knight rises all right.. or brings all the nut bars out of the woodwork!!

Is Mr. H still in the facility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orora
I registered as orora a week ago. I once tried tracking an individual who went by the name James Holmes. The town of Aurora now has a James Holmes. The Holmes I sought disappeared behind the walls and laws of a psychiatric facility.

Ironic for me. The last Holmes was set up by the Police as the patsy for the murder of a child. This Holmes shows up just 30 miles from Columbine. The dark knight rises all right.. or brings all the nut bars out of the woodwork!!

What are you talking about?

Who is the Holmes you were tracking and why? Is it him?

Am I missing some sarcasm or analogy?

Serious question.

Just a strangeness I feel personally. I registered as orora just before the aurora incident happened. The James Holmes I once sought for the murder of a child would be a much older James Holmes if he ever really existed at all. I never got to question him as he was supposedly and reportedly taken into a psychiatric facility never to be heard from again. That irony is mine alone, the columbine thing so close by Aurora, I question what spawns these type out there? The same name of the perps, the same name of the town as my user name (phonetically), caught my attention, thats all. More a personal interest and suspicion.

can you elaborate your post?
i am quite confused with what you are trying to say

What does this mean, I wonder? BBM

Many of the injuries were from bullets but a handful were the " result of the chaos and trauma in the theater."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_21118...ot-at-aurora-movie-theater?source=most_viewed

I took this to mean that some were trampled on or fell trying to escape. With it being so dark and poor visibility caused by the smoke some people must have been injured just getting out of the room.

Take a couple hundred people in any closed space with only a couple exit points. Make them all afraid for their lives, but don't shoot any of them. You can still expect dozens of them to be injured - even seriously - just getting out of the room. That's my guess anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther