LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
bessie, how did you figure out this it was Parish Road 3-95?!! i tried typing in 395 etc etc etc. i never even knew there were such things as Parish roads. i hate to get all into this location, but it really makes a lot of sense to me since it's a straight shot from 190 on the way to I-10 exit 127 where he left the bike. it seems easy and it's certainly secluded there. there's a perfect dirt road that takes you right to the river/bay/pilot channel whatever.

another thing i'm thinking is that the exit par3-95 leads to is exit 121 which is the very nice Butte La Rose Welcome Center/Rest Area. Do you think he would have stopped there afterwards to sleep? I wonder if they have cameras that they can check.

here's a link to the Butte La Rose/Atchafalaya Welcome Center
http://dnr.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&tmp=home&pid=487&pnid=273&nid=279

I'm a psychic, dontchaknow. :floorlaugh:

Seriously, I opened the map to the Sherburne Forest and looked north of exit 127. Par 3-95 jumped out at me. Then I went to street view and my little yellow man found the transformer tower along 3-95/ W Atchafalaya Levee Rd. That was the first picture I posted. But, when I did an aerial view, I found the transformer behind the levee on the edge of the forest. I don't put much stock into stray comments left on news sites. This one got my attention, though, because it suggests a spot along the route he would have taken from CP to WB, or vice versa. And it's on the edge of the forest. There's a spot about one half mile south of there where Par 3-95 crosses the levee and merges into the WAL Rd.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W+Atchafalaya+Levee+Rd%2FPar+Rd+3-95&daddr=LA-752&hl=en&ll=30.45752,-91.757724&spn=0.001225,0.002642&sll=30.457571,-91.756707&sspn=0.004902,0.010568&geocode=Fc6_0AEd5eCH-g%3BFapf0QEdGJWA-g&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=19"]W Atchafalaya Levee Rd/Par Rd 3-95 to LA-752 - Google Maps[/ame]

Attachments

• par 3-95 power lines.jpg
    par 3-95 power lines.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 30
Does anyone know what became of R.B., the guy who was disturbing graves with BSL?
Is he still around? Friends with BSL? Gotten in trouble for anything else?

Not sure this was ever answered. First, I have not heard for certain it was RB that did this with Brandon other than rumor. From what I hear RB has always been in and out of jail. Might even be in jail now! You can do an online search and read about him always being in trouble, mainly for theft. I did read that he stole some items out of Brandons house after the fire. Rumor, of course.

Thanks, MamaRoux - that helps explain why CH kept off-camera and her voice sounded so shaky. It also makes me suspicious that BSL had an accomplice, or at least, someone who may be privy to important information about his crimes.

The neighbor said BSL had two frequent visitors. A girl and a fellow about his age. I assume LE knows who his visitor is and has questioned him.

trAVISj-1912...
I have been away from reading this thread for a few days...but I saw your posts and just wanted to say how truly courageous and honorable your wife was (and is)...she had the courage to follow through on charges that led to a conviction, which kept BSL in prison for 8 years-(and she was so young)... it takes a great amount of strength of character, courage and conviction to do this...thank you...thank you...thank you...
many crimes go unprocessed because people are too afraid to testify - your wife is an example of courage....a true "earth angel"...may she find peace in this monster's arrest and sense of victory in that she helped bring him to this end... words can never express how great a thanks she deserves..take care...:)

The neighbor said BSL had two frequent visitors. A girl and a fellow about his age. I assume LE knows who his visitor is and has questioned him.

Yes, and I will have to assume that LE knows much much more than we think they do.

Must be a scary person with a LOT of pull or $$$
If the rumors about BSL are true he got away with
a lot of crime before LP was killed.
I wonder why he was never charged with anything.
(maybe he was)
Or why he got off so easy.
(maybe he didn't)
Setting fires, robbing graves, raping girls

As I said earlier, it sounds like BSL should be charged with murder
for the boy killed in the wreck -based on what CH has said...
(If BSL caused it...)
From where I sit CH isn't just afraid of BSL...
maybe she is also afraid of whoever it is that has been
able to help him keep from getting in trouble with the law.

It's too bad those juvenile records can't be unsealed!

I think that area is a great place to search, i'm just wondering why he wouldn't have thrown the bike in that river instead of WB Would he have hit WB first on these roads or after this area?

I think that area is a great place to search, i'm just wondering why he wouldn't have thrown the bike in that river instead of WB Would he have hit WB first on these roads or after this area?

Is Whiskey Bay farther upstream?

I think he put the bike there for a diversion...
moo

Agree with yall that this is a good area to search. Once BSL's home location was identified and the TX burn area was semi-identified, I noticed how there appeared to be back roads from the WB location up to 190. I wondered if those roads may have been used rather than going "thru town".

Question because I am not sure...... which way does the river current flow in that area? Ex. looking at WB on the map, is the river current running from north to south?

I also wonder if searchers have searched the river banks slowly from where 190 crosses down to below WB - if that is the way of the flow.

Is that a LA sticker bottom right of windshield?

It looks like one of our brake tags -- tried to zoom in and my computer went insane. We are required to have a current sticker yearly and they are placed right where that one is.

:seeya: Waves at the 67 guests. Glad you stopped in to read.

Sure hope you will decide to register to Websluths and join in on the discussion.

It looks like one of our brake tags -- tried to zoom in and my computer went insane. We are required to have a current sticker yearly and they are placed right where that one is.

it's an inspection sticker. we have to pay 25 bucks every year for an inspection sticker. the date is stamped on the sticker REAL big so that LE can give tickets if your sticker is expired. you get 30 days from the date to get a new one.

We know he put the bike in WB because LE can place him there...i was just wondering if he would have been to WB first and then maybe this location after....i'm just trying to figure if he were in this location...where they are searching...why not just dump the bike in this river?

trAVISj-1912...
I have been away from reading this thread for a few days...but I saw your posts and just wanted to say how truly courageous and honorable your wife was (and is)...she had the courage to follow through on charges that led to a conviction, which kept BSL in prison for 8 years-(and she was so young)... it takes a great amount of strength of character, courage and conviction to do this...thank you...thank you...thank you...
many crimes go unprocessed because people are too afraid to testify - your wife is an example of courage....a true "earth angel"...may she find peace in this monster's arrest and sense of victory in that she helped bring him to this end... words can never express how great a thanks she deserves..take care...:)

Thank you...We (her family and I) have been telling her that since this has all happened and I think she is starting to believe it. It really means a lot to her to hear people supporting her..Thanks

he would have probably hit WB afterwards.

possible route
he would take 190 from churchpoint
to 3-95 & placed the body either in the forest or river(i hate to type that)
then back on 3-95 all the way to I-10 East (onramp at exit 121)
then took Exit 127 off I-10 (the Whiskey Bay Exit) dumped the bike
from there he could have gone home via state route 975 (the only road at WB)
OR he could have got back on I-10 East and gone to NOLA
OR took I-10 West back towards Lafayette then got off at I-49 to go to CP

We know he put the bike in WB because LE can place him there...i was just wondering if he would have been to WB first and then maybe this location after....i'm just trying to figure if he were in this location...where they are searching...why not just dump the bike in this river?

I'm guessing BSL wanted to confuse LE by placing bike in a different area from body...in the same way he showed up at Ocshner Hospital with his story/alibi of being attacked. He's like some kind of evil magician...*look over here* at this hand..while he performs his trick/crime with the other hand. :twocents:

Is the search area and WB in the same jurisdiction? If not, that could explain why he dumped the bike in a separate location from where he left Mickey.

It's been posted by few WSers that BSL might be trying to muddy the waters a little by doing different things in different jurisdictions.

and thats if they even find her there....prayers for Mickey to come home.

Thank you...We (her family and I) have been telling her that since this has all happened and I think she is starting to believe it. It really means a lot to her to hear people supporting her..Thanks

Well please tell her again for me! What she did was courageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member