*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all dealing with emotionally chargeds thoughts, feelings, beliefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are at that. I like how the good folks here can discuss all this in a rational manner, despite the strong emotions that we are all feeling.

You don't often see that on message boards.

But .... I am coming IMO from the notion that there were clear signs like dishevled, wide eyed, you know what I am saying. !! or even to (speculating) point of when asked those questions not even have insight to not say I am the joker

Yes yes all speculation, but in my mind the severity of the act indicates a long long deomcpensation and people are now (gun guys) coming forward and saying yeh we noticied him -- yeh he was odd--- yeh he was behaving strangly etc etc and these folks are from weeks ago so IMO i dont feel like i am out on a limb believing that he has been decomping for very long time hence my frustration with school folks FOR THE LAST months to not check it out -- they would not be in trouble if they called LE a month ago and said hey we have concerns what ya all think.

Also this program is medical like so these folks ought to just my focus of study ought to be even IMO MORE talented in not knowing what acute decomp is, what it looks like etc etc !

It seems like you just want to blame the school. The blame lies with 1 person the shooter. HE chose not to focus on school. HE chose to withdraw from the program. HE chose to buy guns and bomb making materials. HE chose to rig his apartment to blow (thankfully it didnt work). HE chose to shoot those innocent people.
I dont feel the school knew what HE was going to chose to do.

Looking back were there signs... sure. Hindsight is always 20/20.
If people called the police every time they saw something strange or weird the phone lines would be jammed shut. The world is full of strange and weird people that doesn't mean they are going to chose to go on a killing spree.

26,000 a year is how much he recieved. Then spent 15,000 on guns, ammo etc the past few months. I agree it's possble.

Exactly. I don't believe he ever intended to use the grant money for what it was intended, but rather it was a means to his end purpose.

MOO

We are at that. I like how the good folks here can discuss all this in a rational manner, despite the strong emotions that we are all feeling.

You don't often see that on message boards.
ANy ideas of search term ---its bugging me --- I want to know how many seats were in number 9?
searches I am trying did nto work - notions anyone?

Its just bugging me.............capacity of that house !

Exactly. I don't believe he ever intended to use the grant money for what it was intended, but rather it was a means to his end purpose.

MOO
WOW is that the number WOW

It seems like you just want to blame the school. The blame lies with 1 person the shooter. HE chose not to focus on school. HE chose to withdraw from the program. HE chose to buy guns and bomb making materials. HE chose to rig his apartment to blow (thankfully it didnt work). HE chose to shoot those innocent people.

If people called the police every time they saw something strange or weird the phone lines would be jammed shut. The world is full of strange and weird people that doesn't mean they are going to chose to go on a killing spree.

I don’t think she / CARIIS is blaming the school.
the only person to balme is EVIL JH.
But I do think she is right, there were obvious signs
and nobody addressed them'

Heck I saw signs in his first picture and I am not brilliant.
I am awake, intuitive, mindful, but no geniuses here.

People called the police in NY because a homeless man laying on the hot pavement in a heat wave, took his clothes off.
In his ill mind that is where he lives and it was hot with no A/C in the street.
They hauled him off to a mental hospital and I guess he got some A/C and water too. :)

Hindsight is always 20/20. thats true

IMO, as the details emerge from everyone around him, it will be interesting to see how / if views change as it relates to him falling through the cracks!

And boy did he fall.................................

But .... I am coming IMO from the notion that there were clear signs like dishevled, wide eyed, you know what I am saying. !! or even to (speculating) point of when asked those questions not even have insight to not say I am the joker

Yes yes all speculation, but in my mind the severity of the act indicates a long long deomcpensation and people are now (gun guys) coming forward and saying yeh we noticied him -- yeh he was odd--- yeh he was behaving strangly etc etc and these folks are from weeks ago so IMO i dont feel like i am out on a limb believing that he has been decomping for very long time hence my frustration with school folks FOR THE LAST months to not check it out -- they would not be in trouble if they called LE a month ago and said hey we have concerns what ya all think.

Also this program is medical like so these folks ought to just my focus of study ought to be even IMO MORE talented in not knowing what acute decomp is, what it looks like etc etc !
I have to tell you I have had to deal with a bipolar I-severe type with shizoaffective disorder on an up close and personal basis. It ain't pretty.

But-even with all the tell tale signs that surface over time- pulling it all together for an accurate diagnosis is oh so difficult sometimes UNTIL they have a big psychotic break that escalates the severity of the situation.
You cannot just march an adult into a shrink, a hospital or other facility and say hey he has been acting strangely the last few months and should be checked out! You have to get THEM to get on board and good luck with that. Crikey he could have lost a gf and acted oddly.

He was not surrounded by loved ones- they lived half way across the country. IF by any chance he was indeed breaking down over a period of months prior to this there isn't a soul that could have done a thing about it.

I understand that you wish others had been more aware of his escalating behavior IF IF he were exhibiting such- but you have the luxury of hindsight and knowing what we know now and maybe the pieces will come together for some.

But we need to move past this topic because the converation is based on mostly unknowns and it is just going to be circular until we learn about his psych eval.

I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Regardless of his behavior prior to this massacre- there is not a soul he came into contact with that anticipated this would or could possibly happen.

I think that is the point wher he should have been looked into more closely.

Identifying someone as 'strange' is purely subjective. Just because the gun shop owner found JH strange doesn't mean someone else would.

I'm so sickened right now....to picture innocent happy people sitting, eating popcorn, enjoying a movie, and having them suffer through that, makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry for hours ;(

I am hoping he is mentally ill because if someone can just be evil like that...I can't wrap my head around that.

I am sorry to say this to you, but, some people CAN just be this evil. History has proven this! Look at 9/11, Hitler, slavery! People CAN be evil! Even without MI, people can be evil! MOO

According to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dolt?show=0&t=1343181336

a DOLT

: a stupid person

— dolt·ish \ˈdōl-tish\adjective
— dolt·ish·lyadverb

BBM

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...art-academics/56467518/1?csp=YahooModule_News

"Eagleman, a former researcher at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla, Calif., where Holmes attended the eight-week summer camp when he was 18, said the young man had a reputation as a "dolt.""

Another person quote from the same article said,

"John Jacobson, a former researcher at Salk whom Holmes listed as his mentor during the camp, told the Los Angeles Times that the teenager was a "mediocre" student who was stubborn and did not listen to direction."

Although I think they're truthful statements, I wonder how and why they are saying so much, but JMO.

I have to tell you I have had to deal with a bipolar I-severe type with shizoaffective disorder on an up close and personal basis. It ain't pretty.

But-even with all the tell tale signs that surface over time- pulling it all together for an accurate diagnosis is oh so difficult sometimes UNTIL they have a big psychotic break that escalates the severity of the situation.
You cannot just march an adult into a shrink, a hospital or other facility and say hey he has been acting strangely the last few months and should be checked out! You have to get THEM to get on board and good luck with that. Crikey he could have lost a gf and acted oddly.

He was not surrounded by loved ones- they lived half way across the country. IF by any chance he was indeed breaking down over a period of months prior to this there isn't a soul that could have done a thing about it.

I understand that you wish others had been more aware of his escalating behavior IF IF he were exhibiting such- but you have the luxury of hindsight and knowing what we know now and maybe the pieces will come together for some.

But we need to move past this topic because the converation is based on mostly unknowns and it is just going to be circular until we learn about his psych eval.

I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Regardless of his behavior prior to this massacre- there is not a soul he came into contact with that anticipated this would or could possibly happen.

YOU ARE RIGHT - I know this too well...
I wish you were wrong. Wishing will never make it so.
But I can see how someone who does not know as much as we do...
would assume he fell between the cracks.

What I have issue with is people who sell ammunition.
I don’t think they should be able to walk in and just buy a gun.
I do think that anyone should have a waiting time and be thoroughly reviewed.
Also one gun per person should do, what is this buying 4 guns since MAY about?
Cant’ be any good.

26,000 a year is how much he recieved. Then spent 15,000 on guns, ammo etc the past few months. I agree it's possble.

I really don't think so. It'd be much easier to just get some low paying job if all he wanted is some small amount of money to fund his plans.

MOO

Grant money is a stipend. It was intended for him to pay his living expenses.
If all he wanted is some relatively small amount to buy his guns, he could have stuck working at McDonalds.

Most jails will restrain the spitter, not medicate them. They have what's known as a spit shield for those unruly prisoners. If someone is brought in to jail in the middle of the night, who would be available to prescrible medication?

How is that he is supposedly spitting in jail, yet in court he was sitting so meekly not spitting at anyone?

I'm so sickened right now....to picture innocent happy people sitting, eating popcorn, enjoying a movie, and having them suffer through that, makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry for hours ;(

I am hoping he is mentally ill because if someone can just be evil like that...I can't wrap my head around that.

ME TOO sickened by it. Crying for family of victims I don’t even know.

EVIL is a part of History. Mentally Ill can be just plain MI and taking meds and living a healthy life.
But it can also be Evil. :( Some dictators around the world are EVIL too.

I am starting to think I too need a break from this.
UNTIL Monday when he goes to court I do not think there will be much news.
And it is not a good diet for my head.

Up until now I thought maybe this was possibly an accidental shooting, but if the word RAMPAGE was yelled then obviously this is pure intentional evil. Dear God in Heaven did he really yell rampage?
Above BBM.. Is this facetious/sarcastic?.. Possibly an ACCIDENTAL shooting??..

I really don't think so. It'd be much easier to just get some low paying job if all he wanted is some small amount of money to fund his plans.

I don't see him working a job for long, but would be interested in knowing how long he lasted through jobs. 15,000 isn't a small amount to fund plans. I think it was excessive spending on ammo and weapons.

I know this probalby off topic

Last night I was out late, My husband is working double shifts this week. we went to have dinner with him and me and my son stopped at McDonalds for ice cream and we went to the grocery store, He asked for gravy and biscuits in the morning. I needed bacon. It was about midnight. If something crazy happens, are people going to say i should not have had my 8 year son out at this time . My heart right now is with the 6 year olds mother fighting for her life and all the bad messages she will have to read about having her 6 year out that night.

we should not have to worry about crazy people, shooting can happen anywhere.
sorry that has been on my mind all day

I have the right to take my son to the midnight movie if i want to.
sorry again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member