*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jokers in comics started out as him being a homicidal maniac.

He escaped from prison after being"killed" bs the writers thought he was the prefect Yin and yang to batman. He is suppose to be from the "joker" in a deck of cards. His appearance changes throughout the comics. The first comics....he was a VERY dark character. He supposedly died all the time even thought his body was never recovered.

In later years, joker was mostly a joker-ster. He still killed people in the "kid safe comics"

If I'm not mistaken...the joker even murders robin ( the first one)

At some points in the comic.......they even question if the joker is really insane or faking to avoid the death penalty. I know the woman treating him falls in love with the joker after he explains about his abusive father and no where to be seen mother. She is the reason he escapes several times.

There. Are also some involving superman. And some where the joker thinks he is dying and want to have one last killing spree.

At one point, he processes a nuclear weapon.

His special skills is considered his special poison gases. He is a genius in chemistry and explosives. He is KNOWN for hijacking news programs.

That's really all my hubby could remember right now. I'm sure there are millions of sites that could run it down.

the adm did not take the students out,,the students decided to have an impromptu drink together after class..the shooter chose not to go and the prof while on their way home stopped in where the students were gathered and informed them that the shooter told them that he was withdrawing..

the above is rewriting history and is inaccurate..

Hi smoothoperator

Thank you for reply. Can you please share me the link to read the real story on it?

In this article, it states holmes spent $15K over a four month period, building up his arsenal. ( link )

A federal law enforcement source told CBS News that Holmes spent $15,000 fortifying his arsenal online. Authorities found a shipping label from BulkAmmo.com in a dumpster near Holmes' apartment, the source said. EBay was the vendor Holmes used to purchase some body armor, the source said.

[...]

Over four months, authorities said, Holmes received packages at his Aurora apartment and the University of Colorado medical school, where he was studying neuroscience.

The federal law enforcement source told CBS News that authorities interviewed a UPS driver who said he delivered about 90 packages to Holmes at the school's Anschutz Medical Campus in the last few months.

As the boxes piled up, Holmes began to shop for guns at sporting goods stores — because of the need to pass a background check to buy a firearm, they are still generally bought at brick-and-mortar locations.

ABC Denver reported he failed oral exam in june ( link ), and while the university is keeping mums, they have stated:

Holmes would not have been kicked out of the program, because students have an opportunity to improve their performance in the oral exam.

Recent reports indicate holmes sent a notebook to a UC Denver professor, who is also a practicing psychiatrist, detailing his plans. ( link )

James Holmes, the accused gunman in last Friday's midnight movie massacre in Colorado, mailed a notebook "full of details about how he was going to kill people" to a University of Colorado psychiatrist before the attack, but the parcel sat unopened in a mailroom for as long as a week before its discovery Monday, a law enforcement source told FoxNews.

[...]

“Inside the package was a notebook full of details about how he was going to kill people,” the source told FoxNews.com. “There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre."

Among the images shown in the spiral-bound notebook’s pages were gun-wielding stick figures blowing away other stick figures.
Considering the totality of this picture...

It appears his deadly plan began germinating in at least March of this year as opposed to immediately following him "allegedly" failing the exam, in June. The description of the notebook contents, which is, unfortunately, though, understandably, sparse, is interesting... the plural, for example. That is, "gun wielding stick figures" as opposed to "a gun wielding stick figure." Also, outside of, or including, writing his plans, that he "drew them."

People keep looking for precipitating factors. Thinking he broke up with a girl friend just before the massacre ( link ), wild allegations that he was seeing a hooker ( link ), or that he was about to be forced out of his apartment after having tendered his withdrawal from the university in June. ( link ) Thinking his attack was due to some sort of Batman obsession. ( link )

If, however, there were some sort of precipitating factors (i.e., stressors, psychosis, obsessive thought patterns, etcetera), or even if there are none, I would go back to March and earlier, as opposed to just focusing upon May and June. Sure, he apparently signed up for a dating site in June. However, his plan had already congealed by then. It was already set in motion. After all, he did state in his profile "will you visit me in jail." ( link )

All things considered, the arrival of the final episode of the Batman trilogy has been hyped for at least a year. So, for all any of us know, the whole batman angle is less about being obsessed with that movie, and more about knowing that a lot of people would be attending, which means, maximum damage. Hence, he buys different batman masks ( link ), discards those as ideas, eventually settling on dying his hair orange and telling arresting officers he's "The Joker."

For now,
It will be interesting to know his activities prior to May or the entire Spring Semester.
It will be interesting to know also how he performed from his old professors on this University before the Spring Semester ;)

Lisa Bloom's opinion on JVM is that JH, if not competent to stand trial now, will most likely legally go the same route as the Elizabeth Smart kidnapper who was medicated and hospitalized until improved, and will be tried for his crimes now. JVM sounds like she's not gonna wait for any mental evaluations, but her level of outrage , IMO, stays consistent on many subjects.

Anyone know or follow the Norwegian killer? I think he was on trial around March/April? Do you think he read the manifesto and started to mimic him?

I was under the impression that the Batman premiere was sold out in many cities prior to the opening night and that tickets were even being sold on EBay. Yet, he purchased his ticket that night. It seems a big risk to take: risking that he would arrive at the theater and not get a seat. It would definitely have impacted his plan. Did he arrive especially early to the show and if so, I would imagine others there would remember a man with bright orange/red hair. I would love to see the security footage from the theatre lobby.

Sometime the oral exam is the hardest because sometimes they talk in circles, not focused, repeat things, and don’t move on to the next topic.
IF I did say if he exhibited the least amount of this type of behavior he would have failed.
:waitasec:

that is not how my oral exams were.

Who would have thought they had a mass murderer living, walking, talking amongst them? Sends chills down my spine just thinking about it.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Thus far no way to ward this off. We only know how to deal with the aftermath.

Also, another bit of info about joker. He is known to have mass murdered 2000 people but he is never convicted bc he is always found Not guilty by reason of insanity.

The origins of joker start out by explaining that he locked his parents in a closet and set them on fire bc they caught him Killing the neighborhood pet ( per wiki) then he joins a gang. In the comics...the antidepressants is what disfigured his face.

I don't know if y'all have done research on the joker in the comic books.....but he is a very dark and scary person.

If, however, there were some sort of precipitating factors (i.e., stressors, psychosis, obsessive thought patterns, etcetera), or even if there are none, I would go back to March and earlier, as opposed to just focusing upon May and June. Sure, he apparently signed up for a dating site in June. However, his plan had already congealed by then. It was already set in motion. After all, he did state in his profile "will you visit me in jail." ( link )

Great analysis! I suspect the whole AFF sex site thing was because he pondered what he would be giving up in prison, do the stuff in the outside world that you can't do inside the cage. Wild (hetero) sex was one of those things.

I don't know how rational he was, but when you think about it an act like this is a form of "crossing over". His existence would never be the same, much like dying in a way, only he keeps on living in a different environment while being perceived completely differently.

I may be tardy to the party; however, if he had a brain tumor, cyst, lesion, etc he would show a continuous aggressive manner that others would have reported. Fights with neighbors or the innocent bystander that would report this. Not just the one speeding ticket. Also, he was very self controlled in the events that lead up to this. Which leads me to believe he does not have an organic brain abnormality.

As for people talking about a possible mental illness in the media - that is what they are paid to do for ratings. Not one of them have interviewed this guy. It is purely speculation.

He wants to be called The Joker, so I hope nobody calls him that. :maddening:

By the way, what does it tells you when some witnesses on the theater said JH put his gun on their face and why did JH didnt pull the trigger as he put it on their face? ( sorry for being graphic ) ...

Okay, after my hubby explained about the joker in comics....I had to look it up on wiki. The joker is not heath ledger....no where close.

The shooter doesn't need to write a notebook. Just reading about the joker and his story is enough to give me pause. I will post the link from wiki, but you could probably look up the information on any comic book site. I asked my bil (who is a comic know it all) and he said wiki on joker was pretty close.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_(comics)

How long did it take him to wire up his apartment? Was it days, weeks, months? We have heard about the disarray but what about his bed? His refrigerator? Anything related to activities of daily living? Was he up for days? How was this all accomplished? What did his bathroom look like? Was the sink covered with red hair dye? Could this all be carried out by one person? Not to say he had a willing accomplice but perhaps an unknowing accomplice?
Neat questions!

For now,
It will be interesting to know his activities prior to May or the entire Spring Semester.
It will be interesting to know also how he performed from his old professors on this University before the Spring Semester ;)

Was he in school from May 2010 to May 2011?

Also, another bit of info about joker. He is known to have mass murdered 2000 people but he is never convicted bc he is always found Not guilty by reason of insanity.

The origins of joker start out by explaining that he locked his parents in a closet and set them on fire bc they caught him Killing the neighborhood pet ( per wiki) then he joins a gang. In the comics...the antidepressants is what disfigured his face.

I don't know if y'all have done research on the joker in the comic books.....but he is a very dark and scary person.

Honestly I am not a batman fan so I dont really know the movie etc. Thanks for posting the info on it. It does make me wonder if maybe JH was telling the police he was the joker he was referring to the joker always getting found not guilty by insanity. Basically him saying in your face I am gonna get off with insanity.

Okay, after my hubby explained about the joker in comics....I had to look it up on wiki. The joker is not heath ledger....no where close.

The shooter doesn't need to write a notebook. Just reading about the joker and his story is enough to give me pause. I will post the link from wiki, but you could probably look up the information on any comic book site. I asked my bil (who is a comic know it all) and he said wiki on joker was pretty close.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_(comics)

I have a feeling this guy didn't read the comics but watched the tv show and or movies. I remember the Batman movies with Jack Nicholson and the one with heath ledger. They are both sinister but they have a different story lines. The one thing that sticks out to me: the Joker vs the riddler, pinguin, Mr. Freeze, etc. the Joker is more dramatic. Which, what he did was very dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ari76