*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's not a part of any official exam schedule. So they could have it in the beginning of the semester.

On the link below, it was the student ( source ) who provided the info about that oral exam and when it is supposed to be completed. We dont have to play around with the time not unless that link is just creating it's stories and we are physically studying their courses :)

Link :
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443295404577543400613112424.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Would you say the same about the experts discussing this case in the news? Frankly, I don't see us discussing the "why" as being any different than what is currently being shown all across new stations and online. Experts giving their opinions. Of course, nobody can give an absolute diagnosis. Nobody is privy to that information yet. We discuss and throw out possible theories.

Personally, I have not seen anyone excusing what he has done.
The difference is we have posters here stating they know he is mentally ill. The only people who can know that for sure will be the psychiatrists who evaluate him.

My post are just my opinion or MY brain trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense.

People with mental problems or people that are evil can search and learn from the Internet. Heck, who's to say shooter didn't read or post on this site? I still find it weird that he has no web sites except the adult one. That's why it's always been my opinion that he had all the sites, but deleted them when he knew what he was going to do. He had to have known everybody would be searching his name.

I know from my daughters classes at OSU.....even when school was "closed" for the summer, there were still a few things she had to wrap up in some of her classes that went on beyond the summer release. I know one of her friends still goes during the summer. Is it NOT possible that he hated a teacher up at the school? He could have sent the book to that teacher to mess the teachers whole world up. Most smart kids are too smart for their own good. They think they are way smarter than any of the teachers or
staff around schools.

I think IMO...the shooter had a plan, then a backup plan. Actually, maybe 3 different plans. The shooting, the bombs in his apt, and now..maybe a notebook.

I wouldn't be surprised if we found out he had been planning this much longer than a few months. He had hate for something or somebody. The reason why may never be really known. A brain tumor, or mental problem, demon possessed, or just plain evil......it doesn't make any of this any easier to swallow. The fact is....a bunch of people went to have a good time and watch a movie. They were shot down and murdered in cold blood.

Personally, I think the shooter should never be allowed to walk among the public again....no matter the "reason". I do believe the state will go for the dp in this case.

This exam is important for them to continue with the program. See the Link

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...ndling-james-holmes-withdrawal-205251926.html

Holmes dropped out of the program a few days after he took his first-year oral exam, which he reportedly failed..

Holmes took his oral exam, which is designed to test students' foundational knowledge before they continue the program, on June 7

I guess the question then becomes why did he fail? From all we've heard and read, he was an honour student, smart guy but then he suddenly becomes this monster who is interested in murdering hundreds of innocent people and didn't care about his education? What happened? Some reports stated he planned this at least 4 months ago. He withdrew in June. If the oral was at end of May or early June, he was already not focusing on school anymore.

:moo:

The difference is we have posters here stating they know he is mentally ill. The only people who can know that for sure will be the psychiatrists who evaluate him.

That I agree with. Nobody knows. He could be acting for all we know and he's a master manipulating monstrous murderer.

Seriously? Just for spitting? Good Lord, we had arrestees spit at us/on us in the patrol car and we'd get to the jail and they'd spit away. Never once!!!! did we request, or did any jailer decide a person needed to be medicated because they were spitting. Geez, that seems a little extreme.

usually they are not medicated for spitting. That's just too easy as too many prisoners are often drug seekers anyway. This is usually what prisoners get when they are spit happy
spitter_t607.jpg

above bbm..this just is NOT ACCURATE! my sister is a psychiatrist and when i say she has dealt with severe untreated mental illness for a large part of her 20 years practicing...i mean severe!

in her opinion it is very much just as likely, if not more with the info that we have, that this maniac is acting!..he had zero history of mental illness and quite likely there are zero severe mental issues such as DID.

Interesting, from what little I know mental health professionals do NOT presume to diagnose anyone without having personally interviewed them, it is some sort of professional ethics thing.

For a psychiatrist to see someone in a short court room video, under stress, and then decide they are probably "faking it" seems quite unusual indeed. Perhaps psychiatric diagnosis is a whole lot simpler than we are lead to believe.

My post are just my opinion or MY brain trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense.

People with mental problems or people that are evil can search and learn from the Internet. Heck, who's to say shooter didn't read or post on this site? I still find it weird that he has no web sites except the adult one. That's why it's always been my opinion that he had all the sites, but deleted them when he knew what he was going to do. He had to have known everybody would be searching his name.

I know from my daughters classes at OSU.....even when school was "closed" for the summer, there were still a few things she had to wrap up in some of her classes that went on beyond the summer release. I know one of her friends still goes during the summer. Is it NOT possible that he hated a teacher up at the school? He could have sent the book to that teacher to mess the teachers whole world up. Most smart kids are too smart for their own good. They think they are way smarter than any of the teachers or
staff around schools.

I think IMO...the shooter had a plan, then a backup plan. Actually, maybe 3 different plans. The shooting, the bombs in his apt, and now..maybe a notebook.

I wouldn't be surprised if we found out he had been planning this much longer than a few months. He had hate for something or somebody. The reason why may never be really known. A brain tumor, or mental problem, demon possessed, or just plain evil......it doesn't make any of this any easier to swallow. The fact is....a bunch of people went to have a good time and watch a movie. They were shot down and murdered in cold blood.

Personally, I think the shooter should never be allowed to walk among the public again....no matter the "reason". I do believe the state will go for the dp in this case.

There are difference between regular classes, graduate classes and even more a paid graduate classes.

Students do come and go the school for many reasons. They drop out for many reasons

This is not a simple class or study. This is a study paid for by the National Institute of Health . He is getting paid $2100 a month to study it aside from his tuition fees and school fees.

Granted that the school have some flexibilities on schedule to work out a grades for them but you have to match it with the academic calendar. Final grades due May 23.

Anschutz Medical Campus students:

Students at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora have separate academic calendars.

Academic Calendar 2011-2012

SPRING SEMESTER 2012
Registration begins for Spring 2012 Monday, December 5
Spring Semester begins Monday, January 23
Last day to drop/add Friday, February 3
Application for Diploma due for August graduates Friday, February 3
Presidents’ Day (classes not in session) Monday, February 20
Rotation 3: (Spring Break: March 12-16) February 27 – May 18
Last day to submit Application for Graduation for May 2012 MS grads Thursday, March 1
Spring Break (Basic Science PhDs and GENC) March 12-16
Spring Break (BIOS, CLSC, EPID, HSVR, and NURS students only) March 19-23
Last day for PhD thesis defense in order to participate in spring commencement Monday, April 2
Last day to take final exams/thesis defense for May MS & PhD grads Friday, April 27
Last day to submit thesis Friday, May 4
Final Exam Week May 14-18
Spring Semester ends Friday, May 18

Final grades due (noon) Wednesday, May 23
Graduate School Convocation Friday, May 25
Annual Commencement Friday, May 25

SUMMER SEMESTER 2012
Application for Diploma Opens for August Graduates Monday, February 9
Application for Diploma Opens for December Graduates Monday, April 2
Registration for Summer 2012 Basic Sciences begins for continuing students Monday, May 14
Summer Semester begins Monday, June 4
Last day to drop/add Friday, June 8
Application for Diploma Deadline for August graduates Monday, June 18
Independence Day Holiday (July 4
th
falls on Sunday) Wednesday, July 4
Last day to take final exams/thesis defense for August MS & PhD graduates Friday, July 27
Last day to submit thesis Friday, August 3
Final Examination Week August 13-17
Summer Semester ends Friday, August 17
Final grades due (noon) Wednesday, August 22
August degree award date Friday, August 17

Again, his oral exams are not based on his regular classes. They do not have to match with the calendar. It's different from courses he was taking. He wouldn't have gotten a grade for it either. It would be either pass or don't pass.

I guess the question then becomes why did he fail? From all we've heard and read, he was an honour student, smart guy but then he suddenly becomes this monster who is interested in murdering hundreds of innocent people and didn't care about his education? What happened? Some reports stated he planned this at least 4 months ago. He withdrew in June. If the oral was at end of May or early June, he was already not focusing on school anymore.

:moo:

That is the greatest question IMO ... why did he fail
He started purchasing guns May 2012 per LE. May 22, 2012 is the date he first purchased his fist gun which is a Glock Pistol . A day before the final grades is about to be submitted per the academic calendar on their course. No one is releasing yet informations about 2 months before May. That will be interesting to know.

My timeline with links :
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179526&page=74

Sometime the oral exam is the hardest because sometimes they talk in circles, not focused, repeat things, and don’t move on to the next topic.
IF I did say if he exhibited the least amount of this type of behavior he would have failed.
:waitasec:

Again, his oral exams are not based on his regular classes. They do not have to match with the calendar. It's different from courses he was taking. He wouldn't have gotten a grade for it either. It would be either pass or don't pass.

It is your opinion and i respect you can always have one :)
I firmly believed that i supplied links to carry my opinions too.

That is the greatest question IMO ... why did he fail
He started purchasing guns May 2012 per LE. May 22, 2012 is the date he first purchased his fist gun which is a Glock Pistol . A day before the final grades is about to be submitted per the academic calendar on their course. No one is releasing yet informations about 2 months before May. That will be interesting to know.

My timeline with links :

Is it a stupid theory to think he started experimenting with drugs? Perhaps even drugs he concocted himself? I'd love to know if he had any labs set up in his apartment (or school).

This guy planned, plotted, and documented mass murder for up to 4 months before he enacted his evil deed. During that 4 month period, he was interacting with people in his PhD program, and I would presume he was in contact with his family. Now we hear that he had sent a notebook which detailed his plans to a professor/clinician at the Aurora campus of the University of Colorado. I think the students and staff at the University of Colorado, Aurora Campus are really fortunate that JH did not carry out another Virginia Tech killing. This guy is a manipulative, self-centered, self-serving jerk. He is NOT mentally ill, he is a 24 year old bully that has hit the wall and can no longer fool the world into thinking he is a rising genius. If he thought he was going to “get even” and “show the world” how smart he is, he should get a look at his mug shot! The more I learn, the more I hate him. All of his, is of course, my opinion….

When looking at the pictures of him during his court appearance, I am reminded of Stephen McDaniel in Lauren Giddings case. He posted on a forum that he would act "out of it" if ever caught for murder. He posted things that he seemed to actually follow through with. I do not think for one minute that SM is MI, but I do think that he is "crazy like a fox". Sometimes, brilliant minds like the "idea" that they can "fool" the community into believing that they are MI.

How long did it take him to wire up his apartment? Was it days, weeks, months? We have heard about the disarray but what about his bed? His refrigerator? Anything related to activities of daily living? Was he up for days? How was this all accomplished? What did his bathroom look like? Was the sink covered with red hair dye? Could this all be carried out by one person? Not to say he had a willing accomplice but perhaps an unknowing accomplice?

Is it a stupid theory to think he started experimenting with drugs? Perhaps even drugs he concocted himself? I'd love to know if he had any labs set up in his apartment (or school).

Maybe he could have start using it just to add more to his insanity defense.
Ived heard about Vicodin on many articles but we dont really know yet what he took. He looked so dazed and drugged on his first day at court

Here is the timeline i created and all the school calendars on that page 74

and this is a very good link that is on there
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443295404577543400613112424.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

When classes ended in May, the students were required to pass a first-year test referred to as the "prelims." The school said students had to stand before three professors and answer questions.

Shortly after the tests were done, the classmate said, a neuroscience administrator took the group for drinks to tell them Mr. Holmes had dropped out. The administrator said she received a short resignation email from Mr. Holmes that didn't explain why. Some assumed he had gone back to California.
the adm did not take the students out,,the students decided to have an impromptu drink together after class..the shooter chose not to go and the prof while on their way home stopped in where the students were gathered and informed them that the shooter told them that he was withdrawing..

the above is rewriting history and is inaccurate..

How long did it take him to wire up his apartment? Was it days, weeks, months? We have heard about the disarray but what about his bed? His refrigerator? Anything related to activities of daily living? Was he up for days? How was this all accomplished? What did his bathroom look like? Was the sink covered with red hair dye? Could this all be carried out by one person? Not to say he had a willing accomplice but perhaps an unknowing accomplice?

I don't think any of that has been released. LE says he acted alone and I believe them. Perhaps others started to notice some strange behaviour but hindsight is 20/20. Example: His hair colouring. People may have just dismissed it as the suspect being weird, geeky or whatever. Same with the loud music, etc.

Who would have thought they had a mass murderer living, walking, talking amongst them? Sends chills down my spine just thinking about it.

When looking at the pictures of him during his court appearance, I am reminded of Stephen McDaniel in Lauren Giddings case. He posted on a forum that he would act "out of it" if ever caught for murder. He posted things that he seemed to actually follow through with. I do not think for one minute that SM is MI, but I do think that he is "crazy like a fox". Sometimes, brilliant minds like the "idea" that they can "fool" the community into believing that they are MI.

I have followed the Giddings/McDaniel case very closely (local to me) and I do agree, I do not think Stephen is insane. This Holmes guy I am not so sure about, a lot of the things he has done do not seem rational at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519