LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, too, Katie. That's why I spent the time to do some research tonight. It's practically a given that MS and LP aren't his only victims. I wish we knew more about his pasttimes. His habits. What did he do during his off time? What places did he frequent? Did he venture out of the Church Point area? What was he doing in Lafayette the night he abducted Mickey? Just driving around? Or did he visit someone in Lafayette that night? Go to a bar? If we knew the answers to some of those questions, it would help us narrow down the possible victims.

Good morning everyone!
Just getting caught up on what I missed last night.
I wonder if BSL could have hidden the "trophies" in one of the vehicles that were on his property? Did he have those cars before he was thrown in jail, and if so, where were they during his incarceration? If the cars didn't run properly, I would think there would be no reason for family members to be looking in them.

Just catching up on many good posts. Is he in court at 9AM?

Should be interesting today.

BBM

THANK YOU!!! I have been trying to remember the lead detective's name since early June. Steve Bajat

I am guessing he is lead, he is mentioned in the court record as the detective that filled out the affidavit in this case. And that is usually the lead, right? but, then I also thought someone mentioned someone named Jack at one time, that he was lead. but, Bajat is in the court record, so I am thinking he must be lead.

could that be where he kept his momentos? in a weather proof safe of some sort under his trailer? but that wouldn't cause him to need to change the skirting, would it?

JMO. Was wandering the reason he changed the skirting. Does anyone know if he owned a shotgun? Reason being; if he had to "finish off" someone with a shotgun things could get pretty messy. Does anyone know where that skirting could be found? Knowing BSL, he probably smoked it. If not, DNA could be gathered.

Good morning everyone!
Just getting caught up on what I missed last night.
I wonder if BSL could have hidden the "trophies" in one of the vehicles that were on his property? Did he have those cars before he was thrown in jail, and if so, where were they during his incarceration? If the cars didn't run properly, I would think there would be no reason for family members to be looking in them.

My guess would be he rented a storage room

BBM...we do know that he went to Oschner on May 19, but I dont believe the date and time of his visit to Opelousas has ever been reported, but only that at some point he did go there. Can you provide a link to that info?

Yeah, Steve, I just found my answers and deleted my post. I kept Googling, and found this:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178860&page=18

The question had already been answered. Oopsie.

I posted links to his LinkedIn profile way back weeks ago. No-one was interested..lol...too busy with the DWTs! :) Bessie also stated that someone had posted the wrong persons profile but I don't know if this was the one or not so I let it go.

I think if this is the right BL we have to take the into account who wrote it-the same guy that is stating he was mugged at 3PM in NO at an unknown gas station. It does explain where he was in the unaccounted for years between dropping out of school and the RSO incident and why no-one seemed to know anything about him.

If he really did GO work in these Businesses anywhere they really need to look in to missing women in those areas. I surely hope LE is doing this state wide.
Is it possible these companies have contracts with the prisons for in-house work?

Originally Posted by Fishin'chick

His truck was burned/found in San Jacinto county and reported stolen in Montgomery county.

What bothers me about this mechanic gig is his access to vehicles. I wonder if he ever just hopped in another vehicle to get some parts.....hmmmmmmm

BBM - how did he work at Power house compression services from 2006-2008????? Another hmmmmmmmmm since he wasn't released from prison until 2008.

Service Mechanic
Power House Compression Services
2006 – 2008 (2 years) Broussard La.

Mechanic
State of Louisiana
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry
February 2000 – August 2006 (6 years 7 months)
[/B]

Thanks for bringing this up!!

It's this sort of questionable (or mis) information (originating from BSL) that makes me think that he had leeway during some of his prison sentence. I know that this has been discussed - but his own words (written) make it a possibility that he could have been responsible for other crimes while an inmate. His prison record and work release information should be scrutinized closely, IMO.

I posted links to his LinkedIn profile way back weeks ago. No-one was interested..lol...too busy with the DWTs!

I really hate that no one was interested. It cracked me right up when I read about him being a mechanic for the State of Louisiana all those years. I'm still catching a little giggle from it. :floorlaugh:

I posted links to his LinkedIn profile way back weeks ago. No-one was interested..lol...too busy with the DWTs! :) Bessie also stated that someone had posted the wrong persons profile but I don't know if this was the one or not so I let it go.

I think if this is the right BL we have to take the into account who wrote it-the same guy that is stating he was mugged at 3PM in NO at an unknown gas station. It does explain where he was in the unaccounted for years between dropping out of school and the RSO incident and why no-one seemed to know anything about him.

If he really did GO work in these Businesses anywhere they really need to look in to missing women in those areas. I surely hope LE is doing this state wide.
Is it possible these companies have contracts with the prisons for in-house work?

BBM...Sorry Boudin. It wasnt so much that I wasnt interested in your find, but my attention was focused on trying to determine if the owl in the back seat of the DWT was a common barn owl or a great horned owl. ;)

I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. How long can the prosecution sit on the evidence they have before they have to turn info over to defense? Seems like we may not hear any evidence until then.

I think the reason the general view of this guy as haing subpar intelligence is the fact that he told us this story about a mugging that doesn't seem to have a shred of truth to it, but I think the previous poster is right about him being smarter than we give him credit for.

I just had a really oddball thought... Didn't someone insinuate that there was stuff at BSL's trailer from multiple women, not just Mickey and Lisa? I just wondered that if the public were allowed to attend this morning, wouldn't that be really weird if one of these people inadvertantly showed up, just out of curiousity? I wonder if that would crack his facade or if he'd just roll with it.

I think I read too darn much. Ignore me. LOL

I think the reason the general view of this guy as haing subpar intelligence is the fact that he told us this story about a mugging that doesn't seem to have a shred of truth to it, but I think the previous poster is right about him being smarter than we give him credit for.

I just had a really oddball thought... Didn't someone insinuate that there was stuff at BSL's trailer from multiple women, not just Mickey and Lisa? I just wondered that if the public were allowed to attend this morning, wouldn't that be really weird if one of these people inadvertantly showed up, just out of curiousity? I wonder if that would crack his facade or if he'd just roll with it.

I think I read too darn much. Ignore me. LOL

Can u imagine the look on his face? Ughhh, to be a fly on the wall....lol

I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. How long can the prosecution sit on the evidence they have before they have to turn info over to defense? Seems like we may not hear any evidence until then.

Typically the trial judge will set a date for discovery to be turned over by. Of course, some hold on to it (esp. the defense) and turn it over right before the deadline. They don't want the other side to depose their witnesses til the last minute, so they have as little time as possible to prepare...

Well I know from experience that weed eaters and lawn mowers tare the skirting on trailers big time and make it look tacky. And also pipes under trailers tend to leak or break more often than not. So him replacing old skirting seems normal to me.
I would tend to agree except for the fact that LE took some of that skirting. That makes it seem a whole lot less innocent.

Can u imagine the look on his face? Ughhh, to be a fly on the wall....lol

I have seen RUMOR of 2 different girls having interacted with BSL, not in a good way. Counting his girlfriend that's 3 right there! Add the X and the first girl he raped were up to five. ~oops hair dresser!!!

I got 1/2 the chairs filled~6
The Shunicks~ 4
Pate's two kids~ 2

ok the room is full now! ~12
:woohoo:

That's the stuff dreams are made of! THAT would be AWESOME!!

Typically the trial judge will set a date for discovery to be turned over by. Of course, some hold on to it (esp. the defense) and turn it over right before the deadline. They don't want the other side to depose their witnesses til the last minute, so they have as little time as possible to prepare...

Lots of lawyers finagle that, too.

If it's not in writing that they have such & such information, they can say that new evidence has come to light even during the trial.

If it's not written down or recorded, it didn't happen.

It's tough for the other side to prove the opposing attorneys knew something before they said they knew something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57