LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously disgusted, and hope that Mickey is found soon!

so that's it? there's nothing more from this "plea"? did the Judge watch from video and the lawyers were in the room? so i guess the fam wasn't there, just josh coen from the find mickey now group?

i was really hoping to see his hand, that's all

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Some of us were paying attention, Boudin. ;)

I remember seeing it too. I think I even remember some commenting then on the dates and who his stated "employer" was.

Me, too, Katie. That's why I spent the time to do some research tonight. It's practically a given that MS and LP aren't his only victims. I wish we knew more about his pasttimes. His habits. What did he do during his off time? What places did he frequent? Did he venture out of the Church Point area? What was he doing in Lafayette the night he abducted Mickey? Just driving around? Or did he visit someone in Lafayette that night? Go to a bar? If we knew the answers to some of those questions, it would help us narrow down the possible victims.

Bessie, I'm afraid to say this, but I think there are several active killers in the region.

Just perusing the missing and/or murdered women in the area makes me think there's more than one. More than two.

I don't want to sound alarmist or like I know something that I don't.

I don't know what it is about the area, but it seems to draw bad men.

I'm at work and on my way into a meeting, and all I can tell you is that I've looked at readily available info. No secret sources, no insider info. I kept boring down through links on google searches

I started looking at this a dozen threads ago. I cross referenced missing/murdered women, registered offenders, their incarceration dates, other persons of interest...the information is all there. It's just scribbled on a legal pad at my house. Public records, news archives, etc. I wish there was a central repository for this information.

I didn't see how it could possibly be even two people. I sincerely believe there are more. I couldn't reach any other conclusion. :dunno:

I have a bunch of work stuff the rest of today, so I might not be here if anyone wants to scream at me or call me a lunatic. But I'll tell ya - it's been done.:winkaway:

I'm trying to decide if I wanna hit "Submit Reply"...let's see what happens

can someone blow that up a little?

c360f1bc067b__1343400324000.jpg

Why you gonna throw darts at it? lol

Wonder if the're still planning to use the Courthouse closet for the hearing in an attempt to prevent public participation? Capacity 12 adults? What is up with that? Thought it was the Peoples Court?..

I read it was the most secure space available.

I hear what you're saying, and some may question the tone...

...but it is perfectly acceptable for someone to question un-founded, un-sourced conflicting information which is being presented as fact by a poster. The forum rules regarding rumor, hearsay, etc. are pretty clear, and when someone continues to assert information, the sources of which are unknown, nebulous, nefarious, etc., it's perfectly fine to question such info.

I saw the exchange in question, and the questions themselves were perfectly legit. I think the poster's frustrated tone arose from the fact that the person being asked the question was simply avoiding answering the question, after being repeatedly asked.

At any rate, I still don't know if that poster ever answered the question. I pretty much tuned them out after they repeatedly ducked the question.

I hide some people, so I may inadvertently be drawing ire, myself. But by hiding them, I remain ire-free.

Anyone wanna buy a DWT???- I'm so ashamed to drive it after all of this. At least it's a Ford.

Just so you know, I was interested. Sometimes the thread can become overrun with other dominate themes. I recall your posts and remember viewing the links you shared. I'm glad it's being discussed now. BSL access to work release programs (times and dates) while serving as an inmate are central to tying him to some of the unsolved crimes in LA. I think it highly likely and want to see this information released.

C. Paul Phelps Correctional Center doe not offer a work release program... And BSL was there until September 2005. He was then transferred to Avoyelles Correctional Center, which does offer a work related program. So, apparently if he did any work release it would've been after Sept. 2005

http://www.doc.louisiana.gov/view.php?cat=3&id=16

BSL stated he attended LTC... I found some info about various programs offered to inmates at Avoyelles Correctional Center. One of the programs offered is diesel engine repair, which is what I believe he claims to have studied. Scroll down to vocational programs in the link below...

http://doc.la.gov/pages/correctional-facilities/avoyelles-correctional-center/

check out the article: Opelousas City Court will pursue 12 year-old case against Lavergne

According to BSL, he and his ex-wife were on somewhat good terms b/c she brought their daughter to visit him in prison. He was trying to have his RSO status removed and set up visitation with his daughter. (I found it VERY hard to believe she had taken their daughter to visit him in prison, at least on a regular basis. Maybe a one time thing would be more believable.) Now that this case is going to court, I wonder if she will deny ever having done that.

It's come up a few times here whether BL could be the Jennings SK, and has been shot down due to the dates he was in prison. If he really did get out on a work release in 2006 (as some have deduced from his LinkedIn profile) then could he indeed be involved in the Jennings cases after all? Does LE not have DNA evidence from the Jennings victims? If they did and it was ran, obviously BL's DNA is in the system. I will need to do more sleuthing on that. I believe last night there was a post (by Bessie maybe?) that listed all the correctional facilities he was in and on what dates during his prison sentence. I think I remember one in/near Lake Charles or Jennings towards the end of his sentence, but I will have to check. Is anyone else thinking this might be possible or am I way off-base here?

I think you should explore this concept.

Did any of the local stations cover BSL in court today to see what he looked like in person?

I think he was "out" and "supervised" prior to 8/9/08.

I bet he did kill her! It was his "release" date When he was officially free to do as he pleased. He did it to mock LE. He drove out of twon and killed her.
here is the sketch again.
3103943176a8__1342226232000.png

It's the eyes for me.
Not sure what he weighed in 08' but he would have had to be thinner than he is now in order for this to be him.
moo

I also think that this is him. If he had been in prison he would be thinner, depending on how much food was rerouted elsewhere (if you catch my drift). Most people in jail (actually in jail, not on work release or trustee, etc.) do lose weight, especially if they are tall as many times the minimum calorie intake for a bigger person is not met by the portions of food provided. Especially if the food is being rerouted (not that this would ever happen of course)

I also think that this is him. If he had been in prison he would be thinner, depending on how much food was rerouted elsewhere (if you catch my drift). Most people in jail (actually in jail, not on work release or trustee, etc.) do lose weight, especially if they are tall as many times the minimum calorie intake for a bigger person is not met by the portions of food provided. Especially if the food is being rerouted (not that this would ever happen of course)

Who is the sketch of? Which case?

Jennifer Hawk 8/09/08 (or 7or 6) the attacker was seen around 11:00pm peering in her window. Friday was the 8th so I believe it was after midnight as well.
She was not found until the 11th (still in her apartment.)
Not to mention the MO was EXACTLY the same as the rape charge he was arrested for.

They did have DNA (I think) it didn't match up to CODIS.
IMO they need to have him "re"submit a sample.
(That is IF he ever did)

not that this would ever happen.... :banghead:

whether prisoners are on a work release program or not, they are still sometimes out in the community. The local community I lived in a while ago had a huge problem with illegal video poker machines. Every time they raided a building, inmates were brought in to tote the video poker machines away. This took place on a monthly basis as the entrepreneurs would simply pick a different building and start the game again. The constable and sheriff of any locality use prisoners for labor, official work release OR NOT. I have no idea how they skirt the laws, but they do it, I have seen it practically my whole life - in different parishes, in different counties, in different states. I will have to admit.....not in the northern states.......but definitely in the southern ones.

I think his resume is a combination of downright falsifications and a nugget of truth. It would be interesting to see what would happen if you sent a letter to the HR departments of these companies to ask if he was every on their payroll and when. Most companies will release only that much information (but in this case, it is doubtful, but somebody knows)

can someone blow that up a little?

In this photo he looks more like the N.O. murderer sketch than others. His hair that short I guess. That sketch artist sure got that chin down...and the eyes and the shape of the face.....nice work. Definitely him.

IMO that is a darn good likeness especially the mouth it is dead on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500