TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been scouring the web repeatedly to search for any information on Holly that I can glean, and a prevailing theme that I have been reading on numerous websites, is that the recent searches and renewed interest in the case is from a tip that was called in. Has anyone heard anything concerning a phone tip?

I have been scouring the web repeatedly to search for any information on Holly that I can glean, and a prevailing theme that I have been reading on numerous websites, is that the recent searches and renewed interest in the case is from a tip that was called in. Has anyone heard anything concerning a phone tip?

It was said on the show "America's Most Wanted" that they had received a tip, or some tips, I don't remember which; it was on the show recently aired in their segment on Holly.

I couldn't really say if or not any tips have generated any searches; however, I found out recently that there have been searches done here on a regular basis, for a very long time. They just weren't announced publicly. These are being done by a private SAR team.

As I understand it, searches by this group are going to continue on a regular basis.
The link I posted a few pages back, is a group that will be here regularly. They were just here recently, and they will be here next, on Aug 11 and 12.

Also, I believe that Monica Caison and her group CUE, will be here this month, and will be here again after that if necessary.

All we need is volunteers to help with the foot searches, and other tasks.

When private SAR teams come in, on what are they basing their search areas?

When private SAR teams come in, on what are they basing their search areas?

I'm sure there are many things that are factored in.

When a family brings in a private team, they are involved in some decision making and input.

One of our SAR members could provide some good information on your question.

"Exactly where do you think the store gets their meat, Whisperer"? The hunters that I know eat the game that they kill"..
Much of the game goes to homeless shelters for food...

RE: I am sure they have enough money to go to the store.

"LOL" "so it is OK if you buy the meat, huh"? jeez...

I expected this response. I can't stop the markets from putting the meat out in their cases. With all the surplus there, why kill more? I say the people like to kill the animals. It is a way of life...and the people that gravitate there are likely hunters or support their hunting buddies/husbands/fathers/sons. I think they were indoctrinated into that way of life by living there.

I shutter and cant' sleep at night when I hear a coyote on the prowl on the golf course. I worry about the wild turkeys that come to the window. I am just thankful there are no hunters on the course. I doubt I could survive in the wildnerness of Darden, TN...

Clint and Whitney taking a break during recent search for Holly.

Clint.jpg

I couldn't really say if or not any tips have generated any searches; however, I found out recently that there have been searches done here on a regular basis, for a very long time. They just weren't announced publicly. These are being done by a private SAR team.

From your post, Karen Anne. I suspected as much fwiw and I hope that eases the minds of those who think no reported activity means no activity.

~n/t~, I wasn't implying that Holly Bobo's abduction was related to her involvement with meth/drugs in any way.

Holly Bobo & her family are the innocent victims in this tragedy.

I have been researching sexual predators/serial killers for years and the one common denominator that comes up in virtually every case is the drug/meth connection..

Not sure I agree with you regarding the drug/meth connection but back to Holly's case, what is your theory? A meth addicted psychopath sex offender dressed in turkey hunting camouflage who just happened on the Bobo property and Holly was a victim of being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Would you say this character was a local?

You posted your opinion regarding psycopaths up thread and it's mentioned that the psychopath has an extreme drive when it comes to money, sex or fame.

We can assume it wasn't for fame. We can almost assume it wasn't for money because it doesn't appear to have been a robbery (unless we believe the home invasion part announced early on) but nothing as far as we know was taken from the property. So, that leaves us with sex.

My opinion is that this character was not a stranger and this was not a random abduction. When the perp is caught we can label him. At this time, from what I know about this case, the perp is a rookie who has never done this before. Not a stranger to the Bobo family. :moo:

From your post, Karen Anne. I suspected as much fwiw and I hope that eases the minds of those who think no reported activity means no activity.

I was shocked. I thought that nothing was being done; no searches, etc.

Then I find out they've been here regularly for a very long time.

During the space of 4 weeks that we are currently in, they will have been here twice.

And Monica was just here recently, and she's coming back again this month too.

I'm not as irritated now as I used to be.

It appears this is a very religious community. I'm not SAR but I would highly recommend searching any "religious" properties such as churches, cemetaries, etc. It might be a little too late unfortunately to discover any disturbed earth (grounds) but if I was part of the search team, that is where I would search.

If the perp is a local as I theorized, IMO he/she and/or his family would have had remorse and buried Holly in a religious location and adorned her burial place with a religious symbol such as a cross, etc.

:moo:

Here is the part I am missing-why should LE straighten anything out for the general public via media or otherwise?

'The American Public is a very valuable tool in missing/murdered persons investigations, analogous to an audio video camera across the USA'..

We live in the age of communications. To ignore this valuable tool & resource speaks volumes, imo.

The antiquated strategy of holding info close to the vest in investigations & silence by LE only causes innocent victims lives and mounting cold cases, imo..

One only has to consider the tremendous success of John Walsh/AMW's captures of america's most wanted fugitives due to aware citizens tips..

http://www.facebook.com/johnwalshofficial

You're doing a great job posting your cases here on Facebook. It is bitter sweet for me to see your overwhelming response, but it is sad to see so many lives affected by crime. Keep them coming -- our Social Media Manhunt Show will be on in a couple of weeks!

Your tips have done it again! Isaac Amos was arrested this morning in Florida thanks to an alert AMW viewer. Keep up the great work!
http://www.amw.com/captures/brief.cfm?id=79586

'The American Public is a very valuable tool in missing/murdered persons investigations, analogous to an audio video camera across the USA'..

We live in the age of communications. To ignore this valuable tool & resource speaks volumes, imo.

The antiquated strategy of holding info close to the vest in investigations & silence by LE only causes innocent victims lives and mounting cold cases, imo..

One only has to consider the tremendous success of John Walsh/AMW's captures of america's most wanted fugitives due to aware citizens tips..

http://www.facebook.com/johnwalshofficial

You're doing a great job posting your cases here on Facebook. It is bitter sweet for me to see your overwhelming response, but it is sad to see so many lives affected by crime. Keep them coming -- our Social Media Manhunt Show will be on in a couple of weeks!

Your tips have done it again! Isaac Amos was arrested this morning in Florida thanks to an alert AMW viewer. Keep up the great work!
http://www.amw.com/captures/brief.cfm?id=79586

Holly's case has had and continues to have a tremendous amount of media interest, so I guess I am missing your point.

And as we have recently learned, there continues to be ongoing law enforcement activity and private SAR groups in the area. Holly isnt forgotten-LE has not stopped looking for her. IMO, that probably indicates an active investigation that is some what covert-likely for a good reason. Again IMO.

Even if it was true that LE was 'ignoring this tool' (which seems highly disputable), what 'volumes' would you say that it speaks in this case?

Any larger LE entity that does not use social media is running way behind. Instead, the discussion gets dominated by TC-like sites, pray for Holly sites, let's find Holly sites, and true crime discussion blogs, the majority of which are laughable-if-this-weren't-so-serious and spread a plethora of misinformation and illogical surmise across the internet.

What would be so tough in LE sponsoring its own FB page, at least to let the public know they were still at least thinking about HB? Nothing could be easier. Have the public info officer type a couple sentences a day. Keep the word about the large reward out there and current.

To be even just a little more transparent - even if you reveal nothing whatsoever about your investigation (or "investigation," which seems to be the case here, because hey - who knows?) might just bring that tip that solves this case. But all one can do as of now, internet-wise is visit the TBI site and count the days since the last press release.

Thank God for WS, where we can at least commiserate with one another.

No kidding.

And we can talk about what we think, how we feel, and not be jumped on and slammed face first into the concrete.

I remember there was a law enforcement search here recently. I'm thinking that they may have been doing a search about the same time Monica was here.

I kind of think they were doing their search on their own, but I'm not positive.

Any larger LE entity that does not use social media is running way behind. Instead, the discussion gets dominated by TC-like sites, pray for Holly sites, let's find Holly sites, and true crime discussion blogs, the majority of which are laughable-if-this-weren't-so-serious and spread a plethora of misinformation and illogical surmise across the internet.

What would be so tough in LE sponsoring its own FB page, at least to let the public know they were still at least thinking about HB? Nothing could be easier. Have the public info officer type a couple sentences a day. Keep the word about the large reward out there and current.

To be even just a little more transparent - even if you reveal nothing whatsoever about your investigation (or "investigation," which seems to be the case here, because hey - who knows?) might just bring that tip that solves this case. But all one can do as of now, internet-wise is visit the TBI site and count the days since the last press release.

Very well said Wfgodot...

I had words with the THP Officer, due to the perceived hypothesis attitude that I had experienced before in a prior abduction investigation in GA. He said that it prolly had nothing to do with Holly's abduction. I said, 'couldn't the abductor have staged at the motel or took her there after the abduction'? He said, "no we know who took her and he kept her at his house"..
That was 16+ months ago...Perceived hypothesis..why most cases go cold..

If the above is to be believed, I'm shocked this isn't getting more discussion here. The above, if true, would seem to me to be the most important piece of information ever posted here regarding the case.

Rather than taking the leap that it was a wrong perceived hypothesis, I would lean more to assuming if law enforcement made that statement that they, and the Bobos, know what happened and simply can't prove it.

Even if it was true that LE was 'ignoring this tool' (which seems highly disputable), what 'volumes' would you say that it speaks in this case?

Montjoy, ignoring this valuable tool disputable? The volumes that I speak of is the deafening silence; the refusal by the TBI to give a press briefing in 472 days..

Media management by LE in missing/murdered persons investigations is critical for a positive outcome. If you take a walk back in time to Darden, TN, on 04/13/2011 and the days/weeks of the initial investigation.

You will witness at least four different spokespersons/PIOs from DCSO & the TBI. Each PIO contradicting and correcting the statements of the ones and prior..
This was not an effective media management strategy, but a recipe for confusion, insuring a lack of transparency, with disasterous results which we are witnessing over 16 months later..

I realize that many folks prolly interpret my comments to be anti Law Enforcement. I am very pro Law Enforcement/Public Safety.. 'Without public safety for our families, we have nothing'..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member