LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to know how Lisa Pate's murder investigation went cold for 13 years, yet was solved immediately after BS Lavergne's arrest. Was it upgrades in DNA/forensics, evidence located in the search of his residence; souverneirs/pics/videos, or did a witness come forward after 13 years, lack of media coverage 13 years ago; MSM /Social media, etc.?

So many questions, yet so few answers..

FBI — The FBI's CODIS Program
www.fbi.gov/news/testimony/the-fbis-codis-programMay 14, 2002 – The STR loci approved for use in CODIS were specifically selected as law .... 3 Effective the later of July 1, 2002 or the date when sufficient funds have ... 5 Effective September 1, 2000, Louisiana was authorized to collect a ..

But we know from our annual survey of CODIS laboratories that the majority of states are unable to keep pace with the collection of these convicted offender samples. Federal funding provided under the DNA Analysis Backlog Elimination Act of 2000 has had significant positive impact on these backlogs, but the reality is that new backlogs will continue to be created as states expand their database laws.

BBM to main point of my comment -
I too wondered about that and find it surprising and odd. I also am a bit uneasy that they might be using the two cases because neither is solid enough to convict him...

hi! i'm new, but i remember seeing this...but the person who posted it also referred to reinhardt drive, so i think maybe they might have just confused lsu with ull. i don't know how to quote a post from another thread, but it was post #1162 in thread #39.

welcome!!! :rollercoaster:

thanks for that! and you are correct! appreciate it!

These might be obvious, or just plain unknown at this time, but what is:

Office of G.P
&
S.J.C.S.O? (san jacinto county sheriffs office, got it)

On Page 18 of the Disclosure, search warrants on financial records for BSL were served on Advancial Federal Credit and Rayne State Bank. Does anyone know if those warrants would include inspection of any safe deposit boxes he held at either of those institutions? If it does, all of a sudden it's easy to see where new evidence from a 13 year-old case may have come from.

On Page 18 of the Disclosure, search warrants on financial records for BSL were served on Advancial Federal Credit and Rayne State Bank. Does anyone know if those warrants would include inspection of any safe deposit boxes he held at either of those institutions? If it does, all of a sudden it's easy to see where new evidence from a 13 year-old case may have come from.

U IZ 1 Smart Cookie. I likes the way you think.:fence:

These might be obvious, or just plain unknown at this time, but what is:

Office of G.P
&
S.J.C.S.O? (san jacinto county sheriffs office, got it)

i think the g.p. is dr. g. p. who is listed in the search warrants (#36) for medical records. i googled him; he is an orthopedic surgeon.

sorry, i edited to remove his name...i wasn't thinking!

http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19295683.PDF

In the above document it says

The defendant BSL met the victim LP in Lafayette parish ,enticed and persuaded LP to go with him from Lafayette Parish to another place, and /or forcibly seized and carried LP,to another place, whereupon the defendant forced LP, for her release, to engage in non-consensual acts, and/or inflicted physical injury and/or sexual abuse upon LP.

My bold above

How do they know this? When he enticed and persuaded her to go with him they may have a witness that heard the conversation but how do they know he forced her for her release. Could they have a witness or a video.

On Page 16 of the document (under 1. As to Count 1, Lisa Pate: I. Volume One: f.) it lists 3 pgs. regarding a line up shown to DT.

My first thought was that DT may have been a witness who knew BSL and/or LP and saw them together, not as a couple, but maybe having a conversation or what appeared to be an argument, maybe in a parking lot or outside someone's home. I don't think she witnessed anything beyond that. If she had the GJ would have had enough evidence to return a true bill.

As ya'll say, "IMO."

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does is say in this 24 page court document that they have a statement that the suspect made about Mickey on/around April 21st? Would this mean he knew her prior to the crime was committed? Would this mean premeditated murder? Someone pick this apart lol. Thanks.

I didn't take the statement that way. He talked to AD who was his gf's BIL. I think he made a comment that made AD suspect he may have been in trouble before. That made AD start searching for info and he eventually discovered that BSL was a convicted tier 3 sexual offender. Then he talked to his gf's family and they confronted her on May 25th.
If BSL had mentioned anything about Mickey, I think AD would have said something on the other board when he first started talking about him.
As he posted, the reader could tell AD was 100% freaked out when he started adding 1+1. If BSL had mentioned Mickey to him, he would not have been so shocked, IMO.

Well, I'm researching right now. Anyone who wants to look with me can find the Financial Right to Privacy Act here:

http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/rules/6500-2550.html

So far, I've not seen the issue of a safe deposit addressed for an individual. The only blurb I've seen concerns an account with five or more owners.

The safe deposit box will show up under the account, and yes I am sure LE will get their hands in it with a warrant if one does exist. A bank manager would handle this. I worked as an assistant at Chase years ago. I hated Chase, so I did not last long.

I didn't take the statement that way. He talked to AD who was his gf's BIL. I think he made a comment that made AD suspect he may have been in trouble before. That made AD start searching for info and he eventually discovered that BSL was a convicted tier 3 sexual offender. Then he talked to his gf's family and they confronted her on May 25th.
If BSL had mentioned anything about Mickey, I think AD would have said something on the other board when he first started talking about him.
As he posted, the reader could tell AD was 100% freaked out when he started adding 1+1. If BSL had mentioned Mickey to him, he would not have been so shocked, IMO.

I agree. I believe all this is being mentioned in the document to show a possible motive for why he was trying so hard to get his RSO status changed. I don't think he had any connection with MS at all before May 19th.

What I see in this guy is a pattern of desperation. JMO, but it's like he spirals when his "real" world is about to crumble. It's almost as when he can't control his life, he goes out and he victimizes so he can feel some semblence of control. I'm no shrink, but I just believe this so strongly.

on may 20,2012 the defendant made statements to g.c.
on may 20,2012 the defendant made statements to persons at o.m.c.
on may 20,2012 the defendant made statement to person of the j.p.s.o.

funny the other police report that "interviewed him for two hours" is still missing. web of lies.

Retired banker here. With a search warrant they would have all access to his accounts and his safe boxes.

funny the other police report that "interviewed him for two hours" is still missing. web of lies.
I'm not sure if I understood your comment correctly, or if I'm just confused. Do you mean BSL saying he was interviewed for two hours? Maybe the persons he made statements to at Ochsner Medical Centers (OMC) were the police officers.
Also, the statements he made to police officers are listed separately on the discovery document.

Retired banker here. With a search warrant they would have all access to his accounts and his safe boxes.

And, anyone could go in there every year...oh, I don't know...for maybe 8 straight years and pay the box rental on his behalf for the year and it would remain in tact and untouched, right?

This makes far more sense to me regarding evidence in the LP case than the notion someone stored any evidence for him while he was incarcerated. Actually, he may have bee-lined to that same safe deposit box with evidence from MS, as well. I'm convinced he kept a small trophy. I just couldn't figure out where.

I'm noticing nothing, too, from the person (CH) that was in the news and discussed at length that seemed to have information and was very aware of BSL's history around the time of the accident and Lisa Pate's death.

I'm not sure if I understood your comment correctly, or if I'm just confused. Do you mean BSL saying he was interviewed for two hours? Maybe the persons he made statements to at Ochsner Medical Centers (OMC) were the police officers.

sorry for confusing you. when jefferson parish went to interview him about the alleged stabbing he told them that new orleans police dept had already interviewed him for two hours. i dont think, MOO, that they would chunk both oschner and nopd in the same group. plus we have never seen the alleged nopd report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox