IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably. I'm narcacistic enough to google my own name sometimes and no one is talking about the things I do in my boring life. I found this site through google and I'm sure the perp had to.

If you are here reading along, let me tell you that you stumped us all and you won. The game is over and you can now let them go, knowing that you are smarter than all of us. We concede; now you can let them go please.

I have been on the ' narcissistic' google for awhile, only because my mom is one.

Correct, so what MIGHT that evidence/reason be? This is the ONLY information outside of the whole white van/gas station thing that has come out. So, what would make LE say they strongly believe......seems like that's not just "keeping-your-fingers-crossed and hoping" sort of a thing..I also think that would be awful to say just out of hope.

Maybe LE was afraid the press would ask more questions about the "believe to be alive" evidence. So stopped the conferences.

Southernmom, that article was here, maybe on the first ir second thread.

Thanks. It's so sad that these are the only clues LE has to work with. I know that even these details speak volumes about what may have happened, but it would be so nice if there were something more to suggest what happened and where to look for the girls. Praying for a safe homecoming soon for Lyric and Elizabeth.
:please:

It wouldn't surprise me at all. The other day, I was sitting here thinking, "If this was a movie, who would end up being guilty?" The answer I came up with was Ollipop, but I'm not accusing him even jokingly! The point I'm making is that it really makes sense for the person/people to come to places like this to monitor what LE does know and to try to help move suspicions in the wrong direction. Even though I never considered Ollipop to be a suspect (this is real life, not a movie), it has been bothering me that he's been gone the last coople days (since I did my stupid movie analysis of the case) because I worry that LE may question the reason he's been out there taking pictures, etc.

I love how everybody is so anxious to help, especially when they really can help, but I just hope people are being careful about getting too involved in areas where it should be LE checking things out. Not because I think anyone is acting suspiciously, but because I'd hate to lose that valuable help, even temporarily.

BBM

Has anyone checked "Who's in Jail?" to see if Ollipop's name is there? :giggle:

Does anyone know what type of watercraft are allowed on Meyers Lake, specifically boats ... do they allow gas motors, electric motors or just boat and oars? Are there any limitations regarding size of boat and where are the launch areas for boats around Meyers Lake. TIA

Maybe it is just me but i don't believe statistics.There are way to many kids not found. Maybe those ones are all stranger abductions.

It's been statistically proven that 50% do not believe in statistics.... LOL

Not being disrespectful, but just needed some humor. I really think these girls are close by. Alive, hopefully, but either way they need to be found.

I hope with all my heart that today is the day.

Kelly

Let's not get the statistics confused. The statistics vary according to the age of the child and they vary according to "abducted" and abducted found murdered".

(Ages 1-5) Only 7% of abducted children were abducted by non-family/acquaintances/strangers. 93% were abducted by family.

(Ages 6-11) Only 12% of abducted children were abducted by non-family/acquaintances/strangers. 88% were abducted by family.

(Ages 12-14) 38% of abducted children in this age group are abducted by non-family/acquaintances/strangers. 62% were abducted by family.

(Ages 15-17) 20% of abducted children in this age group are abducted by non-family/acquaintances/strangers. 80% were abducted by family.
Pre-teens and teens are the children that are far more likely to be abducted by nonfamily.
http://www.pollyklaas.org/media/pdf/NISMARTIInonfamily.pdf

How many children are reported missing each year by the U. S. Department of Justice and found to be a NONFAMILY/STRANGER/BOOGEYMAN abduction? 115

115 children are the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping each year. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.
Source: U.S. Department of Justice National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children, 2002

There are approx. 76.1 million children in the USA.
http://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/tables.asp

Up until the age of approx 11, family is most likely the offender in a child’s homicide.

Filicide, the deliberate act of a parent killing his or her own child, is the third-leading cause of death in American children ages 5 to 14.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/187239.pdf

Ok you got me, I did it too! But I do believe that the girls are deceased, and so I am leaning to thinking that they were abducted for sexual purposes and murdered. (sorry if that offends anyone)

What I would REALLY like to see is the statistics broken down by cases that have an unknown abductor - meaning, it is my sense that in MOST family abductions, the abductor's identity is known almost immediately, as in custodial disputes, arguing parents, etc. I really want to know how many of the hard to solve (or never solved) cases of abducted children is the family the most likely perpetrator?

Maybe LE was afraid the press would ask more questions about the "believe to be alive" evidence. So stopped the conferences.

Oh, yes thats a better avitar, cat smashed against glass, just kidding lol

I hate this cat lol just don't have time to look for a new pic yet.I hate the moving tongue.

hahaha, I saw this post after you had already changed the picture. I looked and looked to see the tongue move.:blushing: Then finally I realized it was a different pic. :floorlaugh:

It is possible I have been on here too long today....

I think one reason we don't see too many abductions of wealthy children compared to other socioeconomic groups is that they represent such a small percentage of the population. I realize everyone has a different definition of what a wealthy income is, but only 5% of the country makes over 150k a year.

I think there were a lot more abductions of children from prominent families pre-1960's with Charles Lindbergh, Charley Ross, Marion Parker, Georgia Weckler, Constance Smith, Bobby Franks, Eddie Cudahy, Billy Whitla, George Weyerhaeuer, and Bobby Greenlease. Most of these abductions were with a ransom note, and some of these children were released.

Okay Im off to bed , look forward to chatting again tomorrow, oh I hope we have some info then. Night friends.

I just wanted to chime in and say beautiful post, Dovebar. It is important to remember that people from different socioeconomic classes do have different lives. It doesn't mean they aren't as smart or as savvy but sometimes it does mean they live in areas that aren't as safe. And even with loving, careful parents, this raises the danger for a child. I wish for Elizabeth and Lyric's sakes (and all the missing out there tonight) that all of us could be completely safe, but the truth is none of us are, not really, not 100%. Even in higher class neighborhoods anything can happen.

But again, thanks for the informative reminder about socioeconomic culture differences. And I agree - there needs to be a lot more education surrounding this. Although I have to say, when my daughter was in Kindergarten a few years ago (public schools), she was taught Stranger Danger, and they followed up on it again in 1st and 2nd, which I liked. Of course, we taught her all of that ourselves, but if it is part of public school curriculum as well, that can help.

Now I'll head back down to the basement! All of this is just IMHO, of course and no offense meant to anyone of any social class. I'm no millionaire myself and I do not believe money or economic class makes any one person better than another.

SBM
That's because 68.4% of all statistics are just made up.

Hi Confusion, I said 50% just as a joke.

We are all hurting so much for Elizabeth and Lyric right now that it's hard to bear. I was just joking with another poster and that wasn't wasn't meant to be representative of actual facts. I have no doubt 68.4% is true. That wouldn't surprise me at all. I so hope these girls are found today. When they first went missing I thought they would be found in a couple of hours. I thought that about Kyron as well... I hate being so wrong.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member