IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of get the feet thing because we still speak of height in feet...for example, I know I'm 5'4.

What rocket scientist decided to confuse me further with yards????? I have a back yard and a front yard....

:doh:

Thanks for the help anyway!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
That's the way I look at it too.

There are no confirmed sightings of the girls at the lake.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said the reaction from the dogs Monday night indicated a "strong possibility" the girls had been at the lake, less than a mile from their grandmother's house where they were last reported seen Friday. However, Breault said because there were no confirmed sightings at the lake, authorities couldn't be certain.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_106642f8-d077-11e1-a859-001a4bcf887a.html

Thanks for the quote and cite. However, keep in mind that the girls were at one of their own houses, and not the grandmother's house. I'm not saying that all of the above statement is incorrect, but some of it is.

What we really need is the video of the Breault press conference without 'commentary'.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

I hope these are not dumb questions:

1). what is the most efficient and logical way to get from the bike trail to Maiden Lane? In other words, if they were riding their bikes down the bike trail, what would be the easiest, most logical way to get onto Maiden
Lane?

2). If you were riding down the bike trail, just enjoing the day, is Maiden Lane obvious, and would you even notice or be enticed to try and get to it (thinking as a 10 and 8 year old)??

Thanks a million to all of the locals who have actually seen this area!

1) It depends on which you prefer: fighting through weeds and underbrush or fighting through weeds and underbrush while edging down a foot wide strip of land between a fence and the lake.

2) Maiden Lane is not visible from the bike trail, judging from Ollipop's photos. There's fairly heavy underbrush in the area that fills in between the trees and interrupts the line of sight.

However, who knows what the local kids say? If there are rumours that older teens use Maiden Lane as a hangout, then younger children might try to find it. Or if there's some sort of urban folklore attached to it, same thing.

Here's what gramma said -

And then another thing I want to say is down by the lake, going, not the bike path, somebody could have snatched them along the road. If there was two people in a van, they could have thrown those kids in their van with their bikes and there`s another way to drive by the houses and get to the end of that trail and they could have chunked the bikes down there with the children.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

She is a local so I'm taking her theory as being feasible...it appears she thinks the bikes may have been staged too.

I find it strange how before all the white van suspicion she says "van". Hmmm

Adding: Alternatively, the purse was set down while they picked up shiny stones and they were strolling along the shore to the east, figuring she would get the purse on the way back to the bikes. My kids set things down in the wierdest places all the time. As they got closer to the woods, they ran into someone and never made it back to pick up the purse.

THAT scares me. :what:
Innocent girls, doing something innocent and then.............

Do you think the perp has a vehicle right there? Or do you think me made the girls walk to a waiting vehicle?

Otto, that is one amazing picture! :woohoo: :twocents: I have to go back and re-read some posts myself now!

BOTH of these girls appear to be older than 8 and 10, not only in appearance, but in some of their behaviors (facebook, cell phone, texting, running away/missing). Lyric more that Elizabeth, but both certainly have been exposed to more criminal and dysfunctional family dynamics than the average child of this age. Considering this, I would expect them to engage in certain risky behaviors and activities earlier than other children.

I think back to when I was maybe 11 or 12. I remember riding my bike down a dirt road 2 miles from home to a "forbidden" field with friends, climbing a tree in the middle of that field and smoking cigarettes that my friends had stolen from her parents. We thought no one could see us and we did this frequently during one summer until several people reported to our parents that they had seen us (after getting my butt beat, I never smoked again-LOL).

My point is...if had we been abducted in that field, our parents would have probably been scrutinized for saying "they would never go there" when witnesses had actually seen us going there frequently. Potential abductors that lived nearby would have certainly seen us (would have been difficult to plan an abduction by someone that didn't live along our path because of the different times and days we went there). It would have been assumed that the bikes were "staged" by someone because we "would have never gone there".

IMO...I know "back in the day", kids tried smoking cigarettes. Today they engage in other risky behaviors at an early age-cigarettes, drugs, sex, vandalism, etc.

I still believe this had family involvement and not a random child abduction, but just thought I'd throw another scenario out there.

BOTH of these girls appear to be older than 8 and 10, not only in appearance, but in some of their behaviors (facebook, cell phone, texting, running away/missing). Lyric more that Elizabeth, but both certainly have been exposed to more criminal and dysfunctional family dynamics than the average child of this age. Considering this, I would expect them to engage in certain risky behaviors and activities earlier than other children.

I think back to when I was maybe 11 or 12. I remember riding my bike down a dirt road 2 miles from home to a "forbidden" field with friends, climbing a tree in the middle of that field and smoking cigarettes that my friends had stolen from her parents. We thought no one could see us and we did this frequently during one summer until several people reported to our parents that they had seen us (after getting my butt beat, I never smoked again-LOL).

My point is...if had we been abducted in that field, our parents would have probably been scrutinized for saying "they would never go there" when witnesses had actually seen us going there frequently. Potential abductors that lived nearby would have certainly seen us (would have been difficult to plan an abduction by someone that didn't live along our path because of the different times and days we went there). It would have been assumed that the bikes were "staged" by someone because we "would have never gone there".

IMO...I know "back in the day", kids tried smoking cigarettes. Today they engage in other risky behaviors at an early age-cigarettes, drugs, sex, vandalism, etc.

I still believe this had family involvement and not a random child abduction, but just thought I'd throw another scenario out there.

Maybe Otto could describe this better-LOL!

THAT scares me. :what:
Innocent girls, doing something innocent and then.............

Do you think the perp has a vehicle right there? Or do you think me made the girls walk to a waiting vehicle?

I imagine a car on the grassy former Maiden Lane. Not that long of hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500