Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig Wall‏@craigrwall
Jury in #DrewPeterson case shown photo of Kathleen Savio in bathtub. Lying on left side, hair covering face, blood running from head 2 drain

6m ABC 7 Chicago ‏@abc7chicago

Deputy coroner admits not following suspicious death homicide protocol that was in place the night Savio’s body was found #DrewPeterson

If she were underwater why would the picture show blood running from the head to the drain. If she were to have drowned the blood flow would stop flowing the minute her heart stopped. With the stopper in water draining would take a long time to drain so why would there still be blood in the tub???? jmo

do you need to have FB or be a friend of INSESSION to see their posts? TIA

I'm not sure Smokey. I have a FB page and "liked" InSession so I'm able to view their page. Have you tried clicking on the link I posted?

Thanks. I went to that page, but I don't see any of the testimony just other articles. Is there a certain place I should go on that page? Thank you for your help!

They start new threads every now and then. The current thread is entitled:

WATCH THIS THREAD FOR LIVE UPDATES FROM THE DREW PETERSON MURDER TRIAL

The jurors are now seated, and the Prosecution calls its first witness of the day: Michael VanOver (questioned by prosecutor Kathy Patton). He is a deputy coroner for Will County, and goes over the training and experience that qualifies him for that position. He was working in that position on March 1, 2004, and was dispatched to the Savio home, arriving at approximately 11:14 am.

They might start a new one when the trial resumes. IDK for sure though. HTH

I call this a tactical delay by the defense! I'm furious! :furious:

The prosecution was on a roll.

I'm not sure Smokey. I have a FB page and "liked" InSession so I'm able to view their page. Have you tried clicking on the link I posted?

yes i clicked and got page but i dont see what you are posting but thank you very much for what you are doing :)

If she were underwater why would the picture show blood running from the head to the drain. If she were to have drowned the blood flow would stop flowing the minute her heart stopped. With the stopper in water draining would take a long time to drain so why would there still be blood in the tub???? jmo

Because there was never any water in the tub ?

They start new threads every now and then. The current thread is entitled:

WATCH THIS THREAD FOR LIVE UPDATES FROM THE DREW PETERSON MURDER TRIAL

The jurors are now seated, and the Prosecution calls its first witness of the day: Michael VanOver (questioned by prosecutor Kathy Patton). He is a deputy coroner for Will County, and goes over the training and experience that qualifies him for that position. He was working in that position on March 1, 2004, and was dispatched to the Savio home, arriving at approximately 11:14 am.

They might start a new one when the trial resumes. IDK for sure though. HTH

Thank you so much. I think I have it now.

In Session

Everyone is heading back into the courtroom. It appears that the trial will resume momentarily.

In Session Judge Burmila is back on the bench. The defense confirms that it has now seen the photo in question, but repeats that it hasn’t seen it before. Nevertheless, the judge finds no discovery violation (because the photo is so similar to others) and sends for the jurors and the witness.

In Session The jurors and witness are now back inside the courtroom, and defense attorney Darryl Goldberg begins his cross-examination of Michael VanOver. “This is not the very first time you’ve testified in this case?” “That is correct.” The witness is asked about his testimony at the 2010 evidence hearing. “One question you were asked was, ‘You’re not sure, you don’t know what happened in this particular case?’ ‘No, I don’t remember’… isn’t that right?” “What you just stated there, I don’t even know what the question was.” The witness is then shown a transcript of his February 9, 2010 testimony and reads it to himself.

In Session “Is your memory refreshed about the questions you were asked?” “About this particular question, yes.” “Now you suddenly remember exactly how you removed her from the tub?” “I do remember… that’s correct.” “You’re sure Bob Deel not only helped you remove her from the tub, but some other officers helped move Ms. Savio down the stairs?’ “Yes, to the best of my recollection.” Once again, the witness is confronted with his earlier testimony, in which he said that he couldn’t remember if anyone else helped the witness and Trooper Deel remove the body. “You don’t dispute the accuracy of that transcript? That was the answer you gave?” “That is correct.”

In Session “Let’s talk about your testimony… you went upstairs into the master bathroom?” “Yes.” “You made your pronouncement after you saw signs of lividity, obvious signs of death?” “Yes.” “There’s no time stamp on this Polaroid?” “No.” “There is a date, just not a time?” “That’s correct.” “You spoke to two Illinois State Police officers in November of 2007?” “Yes.” “In a small interrogation room?” Objection/Overruled. “Yes.” “You told them what your involvement was in Kathleen Savio’s death investigation?” “Right… I don’t recall their names.” “A man and a woman?” “Correct.” “And you told them you didn’t recall if you made up the pronouncement, or waited until Bob Deel got there?” “I guess it’s what I told them; I don’t recall.” Once again, the witness is shown a transcript to refresh his recollection. “So in 2007, you didn’t have any recollection whether you went up there with Bob Deel and took photos, or you did it earlier that night?” “Yes… when I talked to them, I hadn’t had a chance to look at my report.”

In Session The witness is now asked about his three-page single-spaced report. “It talks about your observations and what you particularly did on this death investigation?” “Yes.” “You’ve been trained how to prepare reports?” “Correct.” “And you review them?” “I did not have an opportunity to review that report… [but] subsequently.” “You’ve also had extensive law enforcement experience, 17 years?” “Yes.” “You understand the importance of having accurate reports?” “Yes.” “And know they’re supposed to be complete, and truthful?” “Yes.” “You understand that people rely on the accuracy of those reports?” “Yes.” “Particularly Coroner O’Neil?” “Yes.” “Because when he impanels a coroner’s jury…” Objection/Sustained.

In Session “This is your official record, and preserves your investigation?” “Yes.” “There is not one word in your report about your taking a photograph?” “I’d have to look at my report.” The three-page report is then shown to the witness. “There’s not one word whatsoever about you taking any photographs in this case?” “Not in that report.” “Not in any report?” “That’s correct.” “So there’s nothing about when you would have taken a photograph?” “It’s not reported that way.” “There’s not any mention whatsoever about other officers helping you remove Ms. Savio down the steps, helping you and Trooper Deel, right?” “No.”

wow beth and this guy are going toe to toe on the abuse issue...Beth looks frustrated and showing to me some anger

Go Beth!

They're re-playing her interview from this morning.

Karas/Goldberg interview being re-run. He stated that the towel was NEATLY FOLDED. Uh... I would beg to differ.

In Session “Miss Patton asked you questions about soap scum… that was unusual to you, that there was no soap scum in the tub, and you thought that was suspicious?” “Right.” “You didn’t tell Trooper Deel that you thought this was a homicide?” “No, I did not.” “You didn’t voice any objection when Trooper Deel told you this was an accident?” “No, I did not.” “You asked Trooper Deel if there was any reason to believe this was a suspicious death, and they said no… you didn’t put in your report that you disagreed with that in any way?” “No, I did not.” “You put in your report that there were no signs of foul play?” “Yes.” “You also put in that report that there were no signs of any trauma or struggle in the bathroom area?” “I did.” “No signs of trauma on the body?” “That’s correct.” “And on March 25, you told Susan Doman… “ Objection/Sustained. The defense then asks for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends, and the question regarding Susan Doman is withdrawn. The judge tells the jurors to disregard it. Attorney Goldberg continues his cross-examination. “The protocol… all that entails is bagging hands?” “Correct.” “And that was done in this case?” “Yes.” “To preserve evidence?” “Yes.” “And the body was placed on a white sheet, which was done in this case, and placed in a body bag?” “Yes.” “So the only difference is a toe tag and an additional body bag?” “A lock tag, not a toe tag.” “Other than that, there is zero distinction?” “Correct.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon