LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a local and I heard from a very good inside source last week that it was believed he would confess. So I am not surprised with this announcement.

However when I was told that i was surprised because I didn't think he would actually confess.

Maybe once he saw what they had on him he figured it was
Hopeless. I wonder if they offered him a bargain in exchange?

I'm thinking a few visits from Adoptive mother and Bio mom brought it about...just my MOO

All we can do is wait. Someone mentioned Oakdale and Fort Polk...Roughly 2 hours and some change from Lafayette. Anyone getting confirmation of LE searching?

I heard Evangeline Parish because there were agents all over Ville Platte. Oakdale is in Allen Parish.

I am a local and I heard from a very good inside source last week that it was believed he would confess. So I am not surprised with this announcement.

However when I was told that i was surprised because I didn't think he would actually confess.

I agree they had allot on him & he knew he wasn't going to get out of this. Maybe the DP is off the table now.

All we can do is wait. Someone mentioned Oakdale and Fort Polk...Roughly 2 hours and some change from Lafayette. Anyone getting confirmation of LE searching?

Is this on his way to Texas??? If not, how far out of the way? TIA

on pins and needles here.

And no, Oakdale is not in Evangeline Parish. Ville Platte is the the parish seat.

<modsnip>

I said he would go where he is comfortable and since he trained in that area he would know it very well. This is where his crime spree started with the first rape, he trained in the army would know this area well. He went to texas, not hard to believe he would go a route he knew so well. I'll find my post once her body is confirmed.

Ville Platte LA is the parish seat of Evangeline Parish and it's approximately 28 miles North of Church Point LA

Same here.

from KATC:

MICKEY SHUNICK UPDATE:
We are working to confirm possible information about Mickey Shunick's body being found. LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS HAVE CONFIRMED THIS. As soon as we have concrete facts, we will let you know.

Is this on his way to Texas??? If not, how far out of the way? TIA

no it's not on the way to tx. It's about 18 miles from Lawtell...bsl home and yes you can travel country backroads to get from his home to there..

Search for Shunick Body in Evangeline Parish

Posted: Aug 07, 2012 1:15 PM PDT

TV10 has confirmed that the task force set up to investigate Mickey Shunick is in Evangeline Parish. We're also getting reports that Shunick's body may have been found. We're working to get you the latest information.

We have multiple crews on the story. Join us at 5PM for full updates.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19218560/search-for-shunick-body-in-evangline-parish

I sure hope this is true. Praying for the family that their sweet Mickey can finally rest peacefully and they now may know what happened. I also want to thank and pray for everyone who has volunteered their long hours in bringing Mickey home!!

KLFY states it's been confirmed through several agencies that her body has been found. :(

Wonder if Laffy headed out near the scene?

Mickey Shunick's Body Found

TV10 has confirmed that the body of Mickey Shunick had been found in Evangeline Parish. We're working to get you the latest information. We have multiple crews on the story.

Join us at 5:00 PM for full updates.

Yes I did, I said he would go where he is comfortable and since he trained in that area he would know it very well. This is where his crime spree started with the first rape, he trained in the army would know this area well. He went to texas, not hard to believe he would go a route he knew so well. I'll find my post once her body is confirmed.

I'm thinking thats where his.."and I hate to say this"..but his dumping ground. I'm so anxious to hear if there will be other bodies found there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FireSun42