Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... it's 3:07 and Beth Karas is reding all the posts we have here! They haven't gone off the air on time! I still miss my gavel-to-gavel Court TV.

Oops, :blushing: I've been away for a couple of hours and playing my DVR!

Good lord. Does the man not remember what the defense team did to GA? I would not want to be in his shoes. jmo

Exactly. He should be able to hear the bus revving the engine anytime now.

Kris is on the Prosecution list????? That seems odd.

In Session shared Beth Karas InSession's status.

7 minutes ago.

Court is delayed this afternoon; it hasn't started yet. About a half hour ago, Peterson's son, Kris, showed up. He's Savio's younger son. He sat in the front row behind his father, chatting for several minutes with him. Kris, who is on a witness list, has since left the courtroom. Had he stayed, he may have seen graphic autopsy photos of his mother--since Dr. Blum is the next witness! Blum performed the second autopsy.

Brodsky already told us, on HLN, with a sickening crafty smile, what he is going to say in court about those bruised knees. He is having Kathleens boyfriend in to testify about their rough sex. :mad:

BBM: :maddening: That is so LOW ! These :silenced: will stoop to anything ...

:waitasec: Whoa -- did Brodsky say this when he was on NG's Show this week ? I saw a segment of her show when Brodsky was on and IIRC, I thought this came up then -- or am I confused and saw him at another time on HLN "running his mouth" ?

:seeya:

BBM: :maddening: That is so LOW ! These :silenced: will stoop to anything ...

:waitasec: Whoa -- did Brodsky say this when he was on NG's Show this week ? I saw a segment of her show when Brodsky was on and IIRC, I thought this came up then -- or am I confused and saw him at another time on HLN "running his mouth" ?

:seeya:

He said it to Beth when they had that little slug fest last week. He said something like " I hate to bring this up but we have the answer to those bruises on her knees, bla bla bla...

In Session
The jurors are now back in the courtroom, and prosecutor Glasgow begins his redirect examination of witness Mary Parks. “Why did you call on the pay phone, and not your cell phone?” “In nursing school, you’re penalized if you use your pho
ne in the lab area. So to make that impossible, I didn’t want to have that happen. So I didn’t bring it to school with me.” “So you used the pay phone because you didn’t have your cell phone with you?” “Correct.”

In Session “Why didn’t you attend Kathleen Savio’s funeral?” “I didn’t know her family. I didn’t know her children. I just knew Kathy.” “Was there anything else that kept you from going to the wake or funeral?” “Yes, I was prevented from going . . . I would have been penalized at school, because part of my grade included preparing for my clinicals the night before. If I did not prepare, I would have been penalized.”

In Session “You were criticized under cross for not doing more for Kathy?” “Yes, I was.” “But you did tell Kathy Savio to call the police?” “Yes, I did.” “And you went so far as to offer your own home as refuge to her and her children?” “Yes, I did.”

He said it to Beth when they had that little slug fest last week. He said something like " I hate to bring this up but we have the answer to those bruises on her knees, bla bla bla...

:seeya: Thank You ... sorry I got confused ...

JMO ... but I can only watch so much of those defense :clown: ... they really make me :furious: so I can only watch the coverage in small amounts ...

:waitasec: I guess it is a good thing that this trial is not being televised LIVE ... I don't think I'd have a TV left ...

:moo:

In Session The witness is shown an exhibit. “Could you read the question . . .” Objection/Overruled. “August 5, 2008, you talked to the Illinois State Police?” “Yes, I did.” “And you told them then that right before Thanksgiving, 2003, Kathy told you that her husband came into the house, grabbed her by the neck, pinned her down, and he told her, ‘You should just die’?” Objection/Sustained. “Did you see marks on her neck?” “Yes, I did.” Objection/Overruled. That completes the redirect examination.

In Session Attorney Greenberg begins his cross. “Let’s talk about the phone call. You made the phone call from the . . .” Producer Michael Christian says he can hear that the witness is now crying. “Do you need some time?” “No, I’ll be OK.” Judge Burmila asks that the jurors be excused from the courtroom. Judge: “Ma’am, why don’t you take a minute to go out in the hallway and compose yourself. We’ll have you back in a minute.” The witness leaves the courtroom, and the trial is in a brief recess.

In Session Judge Burmila is now back on the bench. The attorneys and the witness return to the courtroom. The judge then sends for the jury.

I need a little help...

A helper sent me a ton of pics, mostly the attorneys outside court, etc. I cannot seem to find any news site with the pictures this week.

Clues and links? TY!

(and for guests that have not yet seen the archive) here's the link:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Stacy%20Peterson%20-%20Kathleen%20Savio%20%20-IL-/Murder%20Trial%20-%20The%20Kathleen%20Savio%20Case/

Have you tried IS FB page? I can't help now but if I have time later, I'll see if I can find photos.

https://www.facebook.com/InSession#!/InSession/photos

In Session The jurors have now returned to the jury box, and attorney Greenberg resumes his recross. “This will be brief . .. you said you didn’t bring your cell phone in 2003 to school?” “Yes, let me think . . . what part of 2003? . . . in the fall of 2003, no, I did not bring my cell phone to school.” “How about 2004?” “No, I did not bring my cell phone to school.” “How did you get the phone number for the State’s Attorney’s office?” “I looked it up in the phone book in the nursing lab.” “And you know there’s no record of that call?” “I don’t know that.” “And you never told the state police about that call?” “I don’t know if I said that or not.”

In Session “You can’t remember when or where it took place, but you remember a conversation with Kathleen Savio?” “I remember exactly where it took place; I don’t remember when it took place . . . it was right at the classroom.” “The class that you took together in 2003?” “No . . . in an empty area of the classroom . . . I don’t recall saying she was there for the class.” “But she wasn’t at class, was she?” “She was not at class at that moment at that day, no, she was not.” “Everything you told has changed, except that you say you remember this conversation?” “No, that’s not right.”

In Session Attorney Greenberg begins his cross. “Let’s talk about the phone call. You made the phone call from the . . .” Producer Michael Christian says he can hear that the witness is now crying. “Do you need some time?” “No, I’ll be OK.” Judge Burmila asks that the jurors be excused from the courtroom. Judge: “Ma’am, why don’t you take a minute to go out in the hallway and compose yourself. We’ll have you back in a minute.” The witness leaves the courtroom, and the trial is in a brief recess.

YES. Good job. Thank you to the witness for showing some emotion. The jury needed to see that to remind them that someone DIED.

In Session “You didn’t go to the funeral or wake because of school?” “For the most part, yes . . . I did not know her family. I did not know her friends . . . and I did not want to come face to face with her husband.” “But you didn’t know her husband, did you?” “I didn’t want to take the risk.” “But he presented no threat to you, did he?” “Not as far as I knew.” “You didn’t need permission to go the funeral or wake, did you?” “No.” “Didn’t need her husband’s permission to send a card?” “No.” “You said you didn’t know her family?” “Yes.” “But you talked to Henry, didn’t you?” “We were on the phone for a while. Most of the conversation was Henry talking to me.” “And Henry told you how they looked in all the closets for a briefcase, and couldn’t find it, and finally they found it in her car?” Objection/Overruled. “Is that what Henry told you?” “That’s what Henry told me.”

In Session The witness is shown a photograph of Kathleen Savio. “Did you know this is her sitting on the tub?” “She’s on a tub.” ‘Did you know that picture was taken by the 14-year-old boy who lived next door?” Objection/Sustained. That ends the testimony of this witness, and she is excused from the stand.

In Session The jurors are now out of the courtroom. Judge Burmila: “The next witness will be Dr. Blum, and there are some issues that need to be resolved . . . I’m going to give you a brief opportunity to address those issues. If not, we’ll be finished with testimony for the day. But I’ll give you a few more minutes to try to resolve those issues.” The judge leaves the bench, and the trial is again in a brief recess.

I love how the defense is so obsessed with people NOT sending cards. LOL
If they try to attack every witness for NOT sending cards it is going to sound silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix