Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Niner. I do hate asking you to add to the burden, but I'm sure we will all be interested in the results.

I'm so not feeling good about this judge. Even when he rules for the prosecution, it always comes as a total shock because it's preceded by a diatribe that sounds like he isn't happy doing it.

I hate to put a wet blanket on anyone's time here, but, at the end of the prosecution's case, the defense will move for a directed motion of acquittal based on the lack of evidence. I'm holding my breath (metaphorically!) when that time comes to see what Burmila decides.

I won't be around today, but I'll catch up with you all after the weekend.

The Judge:

judge-edward-burmila-crimeticker1.jpg

A former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. He was Will County’s state’s attorney’s from 1988 until 1992, when he lost his bid for re-election to James Glasgow, the current state’s attorney. He has represented clients facing the most serious of criminal charges as a defense attorney and became an associate judge in 2003. He took over the Drew Peterson case in May at the end of its long appeal process. Peterson’s last judge, Stephen White, retired in 2010. Burmila is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law.

http://www.crimeticker.com/the-drew-peterson-trial-3/

Greenberg is on with Beth Karas right now on IS.

Sorry, Greenburg. DP couldn't have 'slithered down the chimney' because his ego is almost as big as yours. Yeesh. Really don't like these DT guys.

In Session is covering the Georgia vs Hemy Neuman trial next week. I'm hoping they'll still have someone tweeting from the DP trial in the courtroom and posting on FB!

Not sure why they'll have the Hemy trial. It's over. He was convicted.

Tweeters posting Kathleen's other sister (Sue) might take the stand today and Kathleen's boyfriend Steve Maniaci. Nothing confirmed by the prosecution yet though.

In Session is covering the Georgia vs Hemy Neuman trial next week. I'm hoping they'll still have someone tweeting from the DP trial in the courtroom and posting on FB!

Not sure why they'll have the Hemy trial. It's over. He was convicted.

I know, I wondered that, too. I thought they only showed old trials as "filler" when there wasn't a live trial going on. And, did I hear correctly that they are starting the day with the old trial for 4 hours and then they will discuss the DP trial??? Ridiculous.

I know, I wondered that, too. I thought they only showed old trials as "filler" when there wasn't a live trial going on. And, did I hear correctly that they are starting the day with the old trial for 4 hours and then they will discuss the DP trial??? Ridiculous.

IDK I don't get InSession up here. TruTV was replaced by ID Channel. I wasn't happy about that. I need to get a US Satellite Dish. Can you send me a long wire so I connect it to your TV? :floorlaugh:

IDK I don't get InSession up here. TruTV was replaced by ID Channel. I wasn't happy about that. I need to get a US Satellite Dish. Can you send me a long wire so I connect it to your TV? :floorlaugh:

No InSession????????? :panic:

*rummaging for extension cord*

56s The Herald-News‏@Joliet_HN
Steve Maniaci, Sue Doman, Susan McCauley, Teresa Kernc and Dominick DeFrancesco on #DrewPeterson trial witness list today.

Craig Wall‏@craigrwall
Wow! 50 people here from the public wanting to get in the courtroom to watch #DrewPeterson trial. Largest group yet. Only 20 seats available

Glenn Marshall‏@GMarshall_Jr
50 people came to watch the trial. That's largest amount of public viewing the #DrewPeterson trial has seen thus far.

Justice Café‏@facsmiley
Possible witness on #drewpeterson stand today include Teresa Kernc, ex BBPD and now mayor of Diamond, Illinois

59s Justice Café‏@facsmiley
Another possible witness at #drewpeterson trial today. Susan McCauley, who worked at Suds Pub & had affair with Drew peterson

IS isn't on live long enough during the day to warrant THAT much panic!!

ETA: I'm always amused when the IS people are giving updates on HLN after IS goes off the air. On IS they're used to chatting away and on HLN they get two sentences out and are cut off and it's on to the next topic.

Glenn Marshall‏@GMarshall_Jr
Court has begun with the judge reading 2 more letters from inmates #DrewPeterson

32s Kara Oko‏@KaraOko
Judge received 2 more letters from inmates, apparently they're big fans of the media coverage, and are following closely #DrewPeterson

Still waiting for InSession to start today's thread.

Who cares about the letters? Is he supposed to reveal that or is he just trying to be funny?

How did a cop's salary allow DP to own all these businesses? Were any of his wives wealthy pre-marriage?

Here we go...

In Session

4 minutes ago.

The first witness today is expected to be Steve Maniaci, Kathleen Savio’s boyfriend. Other potential witnesses are Susan Doman (Savio’s sister), Susan McCauley (a Suds Pub employee who worked for Peterson and had an affair with him – although we’ll probably not hear about the affair), Teresa Kernc (a Bolingbrook police officer – her last name is pronounced “Kurnk”), and Dominick DeFrancesco (a Savio neighbor – his last name is pronounced DeFranCHesko”).

In Session Kathy Hoffmeyer, one of the media coordinators with the Will County Sheriff’s Department, says that 50 people showed up at the courthouse this morning to try to get into the Peterson trial, a new record. I subsequently asked Spectator #1 what time she had to arrive to score that first seat, and she told me she got here at 4:45 this morning (the courthouse doesn’t open until 8:30).

In Session The parties are gathering inside the courtroom. There is a long line of public spectators outside in the hallway, hoping to get into the trial if and when somebody else vacates his/her seat.
The parties are gathering inside the courtroom. There is a long line of public spectators outside in the hallway, hoping to get into the trial if and when somebody else vacates his/her seat.

Judge Burmila has just taken the stand. “The news media will be happy to know that they have legions of followers in the Department of Corrections. I received two more letters from inmates . . . Abraham Lincoln is not involved in these. They want to share information they have with me. These letters will become part of the record. As I said yesterday, I will not be communicating with them, either.”

The prosecution confirms that its first witness is ready to go. The judge sends for the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500