Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
there at all given that I read that the son may be called to testify against his father. That is a tough one for the prosecution to do though as you don't want anything to add more pain and sorrow to the family.
Ordinarily, family members aren't allowed to interact with prisoners on trial like this......that was highly unusual as far as I know.

MOO (I am new here and just figured out this lingo--I still don't know what BBM stand for though)
DP son turns 18 and DP says "Happy Birthday", of course that is nice of a father to say but does it also mean "DO'nt SAY anything!"

time for a new judge???

there at all given that I read that the son may be called to testify against his father. That is a tough one for the prosecution to do though as you don't want anything to add more pain and sorrow to the family.
Ordinarily, family members aren't allowed to interact with prisoners on trial like this......that was highly unusual as far as I know.

MOO (I am new here and just figured out this lingo--I still don't know what BBM stand for though)

BBM = bolded by me

WTF?

Dan Rozek‏@DanRozek1

#DrewPeterson judge got letter from prison inmate who says he can link this case to Abraham Lincoln assassination and George Zimmerman case.

1m Glenn Marshall‏@GMarshall_Jr
Judge received a letter from an inmate discussing a link btwn #DrewPeterson , Abraham Lincoln, and George Zimmerman case

36s Dan Rozek‏@DanRozek1
#DrewPeterson Judge Edward Burmila said he won't respond to the letter. "I won't be communicating with him," Burmila said to laughter.

Just getting started catching up on today's trial....Even Burmila is 'cracking jokes' during the trial of a poor murdered young woman...get serious Burmila, this ain't a cookout! :banghead:

:)

:fence: hi! i'm new here too, & now i'm gonna dive right in! i've been an observer ever since i discovered you wonderful sleuths & so enjoy your views & opinions! at the risk of coming off as a totally paranoid, i've been silently screaming CONSPIRACY!!! imho, it seems to me that not only the local le protect their own, but that the isp followed suit. being a washington state transplant from oklahoma, i'm suddenly not as naive as i used to be! it seems to me that this judge is working for the defense! could it possibly be that the delays were designed to continue beyond judge white's retirement? perhaps this was their judge of choice & it certainly seems to be working in their favor! even his rulings favoring the prosecution seem designed as appealable issues? please correct me if i'm out of line here! there are so many male ego's & intolerance for female brains or emotions that i feel like i've stepped back a century or so! this has to be one of the most frustrating trials i've ever gotten myself into! as most of you here, i've been holding my breath & praying that Stacy will be found, but how awesome would it be if she turned up in the next day or two?! or, as some have hinted, been in hiding & actually walked in the court room & took the stand??? (a girl can dream can't she :)) well, until tomorrow, & thank you so much for keeping us up to date!

:fence: hi! i'm new here too, & now i'm gonna dive right in! i've been an observer ever since i discovered you wonderful sleuths & so enjoy your views & opinions! at the risk of coming off as a totally paranoid, i've been silently screaming CONSPIRACY!!! imho, it seems to me that not only the local le protect their own, but that the isp followed suit. being a washington state transplant from oklahoma, i'm suddenly not as naive as i used to be! it seems to me that this judge is working for the defense! could it possibly be that the delays were designed to continue beyond judge white's retirement? perhaps this was their judge of choice & it certainly seems to be working in their favor! even his rulings favoring the prosecution seem designed as appealable issues? please correct me if i'm out of line here! there are so many male ego's & intolerance for female brains or emotions that i feel like i've stepped back a century or so! this has to be one of the most frustrating trials i've ever gotten myself into! as most of you here, i've been holding my breath & praying that Stacy will be found, but how awesome would it be if she turned up in the next day or two?! or, as some have hinted, been in hiding & actually walked in the court room & took the stand??? (a girl can dream can't she :)) well, until tomorrow, & thank you so much for keeping us up to date!
bbm
you are not paranoid.........this judge is awful, IMOO. :what:
He makes jokes.:banghead:
Totally for defense.
IMO, doesn't have the time of day for women.
What do we know of this judge?
Anyone have history on him?
Can the prosecution ask for another judge?
I totally agree with BBM

BBM stands for Bold By Me.

Here is a link to the WS Lingo. HTH!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116963"]NEW Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I knew ABC would get it wrong. Court has NOT ended. Jurors are gone but attorneys and Judge still in court

==========

In Session Attorney Greenberg addresses the Court. “The other day, when the State addressed the issue of [attorney] Harry Smith, they started to go into all these areas they want him to testify to. Just to the divorce issues, we don’t think any of it’s relevant, because the divorce case went on, as if nothing had happened. And they have no evidence that Mr. Peterson believed he had anything to gain by Ms. Savio’s death.” Connor responds: “At the time we first addressed this argument, Your Honor had not heard any statements attributed to the defendant . . . it is, in fact, the belief of the defendant that is in issue in this case . . in their filing, the defense has conceded that the defendant’s pension might be in a separate category than other issues in the divorce case . . . the defendant made statements about that particular asset, that he did not want Kathleen Savio to receive any portion of that. Because of her death, that pension has not been divided.”

In Session Judge Burmila questions prosecutor Connor about the relevance of the fact that the original executor of Savio’s will was a relative of the defendant’s. Connor: “That means that the defendant understood that the individual was going to be a relative of his.” Judge: “Well, how did he know that he wasn’t going to die first?”

Bold RED mine.

Ummmm, Judge...cuz the defendent planned on killing Kathleen and followed thru on that plan. Geesh! Does Burmila realize how idiotic he sounds? :maddening:

Welcome to WS wishinuall!

:welcome:

Judge: “Well, how did he know that he wasn’t going to die first

Bold RED mine.

Ummmm, Judge...cuz the defendent planned on killing Kathleen and followed thru on that plan. Geesh! Does Burmila realize how idiotic he sounds? :maddening:

I really had to scratch my head when I read that question/comment of Burmila's. I wonder if he realized just how stupid it sounded after he said it.

Hi and welcome...even tho I don't post often I always read hear and these sleuths are great. If you get the chance go back and read the archives of Stacy and Kathaleen and you will find that you ARE NOT paranoid. IMO this has been a conspiracy with "the good ole boys club" for a long time. Drew has been mentioned in helping several of the elite out in many ways such as the mayor and such and even tho he has come close to being found out it has never been proven. Just some things it appears the Bolingingbrook community knows only to well. All of the history can be found in the archives here as well as other crime forums. JMO...sweets

In Session Judge: “When we last visited this issue, it was in advance of the trial, and the testimony of Anna Doman . . we now have evidence before this jury that, if believed, demonstrates all the motive the defendant would have to have to kill Kathleen Savio . . . now, once that testimony came in before the jury, I don’t see how anything on the issue of motive that the attorney could add would assist this jury at arriving at a verdict in this case, other than speculating what might have happened in the course of a divorce trial. The law in Illinois is crystal clear: once they were divorced, the pension became a marital asset . . . we could be talking about something as little as a third of a quarter of ten years’ worth of a pension of a defendant with three other wives . . . if the defendant has a malignant heart, what is the condition for the jury to decide? At what level the malignancy in his heart occurs? We cannot have a trial within a trial. The court found in the pension case that it was possible that she might be eligible for any of the pension . .. but the State wants to insist that Harry Smith will be able to clarify to the jury that that was his motivation. You have to contrast that again with the testimony of Anna Doman, when she says the defendant says, ‘You’re not going to get a penny of my pension.’ Anything Harry Smith would testify to now is completely speculative, and again would cause a trial within a trial . . . I think allowing Harry Smith to come in and testify to what issues were before the divorce court, what Miss Savio expected as a financial resolution in this case, is a complete distraction and does not aid in any way if she was murdered, and if she was murdered did the defendant do it. I know Harry Smith has some other issues, and I’m not ruling about that . . . but he will not be able to testify about the substance of the pre-divorce negotiations, or what Ms. Savio expected to get as a result of the divorce. But Harry Smith, for the other issues he may testify about, the State is allowed to call him.”

Red mine

OMG!...It's not about what Ms. Savio expected to get as a result of the divorce...it's about what Drew got because he killed Kathleen! What is wrong with this Judge??!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I can see where the Defense is trying to plant the seeds that KS was nutty and paranoid. And if she wasn't paranoid, then she was just exaggerating to get sympathy and attention.

But clearly, the red bruises around her neck show otherwise.

And I am kind of glad that the DT and the judge are being snarky and condescending towards the witnesses. Because I am going to have some faith in the jury and hope they can see what is going on there. They can see WHY none of them were taken seriously when they first tried to ask for help for KS.

The jury has 7 men and only 5 women. So I really hope there are 5 strong, articulate women who can show the men the light. :rose:

I too hope that these jurors can see the snarkiness of the defense and the behavior of the judge towards prosecution witnesses and realize why these witnesses were shot down when they came forward with information. I think the women will be sympathetic towards the female witnesses who've testified.

I also hope all the jurors will look at all the constant stream of objections coming from the defense and wonder.............."what is it the defense doesn't want us to hear?"

I think most people feel a little intimidated in the presence of LE. I was married to one and felt intimidated whenever I saw a patrol car behind me....worried I'd be stopped for heaven only knows what. Made me very nervous. Did then, does still today. So I think the jury can relate to these women not wanting to rock the boat until it was safe to do so. Even if you know little about the case you know her body was exhumed well after she died and there had to be a reason. I'm guessing most of the jurors are aware that Stacy went missing and that is why the suspicion arose that maybe they needed to take another look at Kathy to make sure it was an accident.

At this point the defense is still trying to use those intimidation tactics to shake up the witnesses. I have to give the women credit so far for standing up to them. I'm just hoping someone would say when asked the question: Why didn't you come forward before this and the answer would be "because of this type of intimidation." That might be too much for the judge. Might send him into a seizure. jmo

Bold RED mine.

I think Burmila would call that 'fencing with the defense'. Ugh...no wonder the defense did not protest getting Burmila as their trial judge...they must LOVE him.:maddening:

I don't know Burmilla's record and I don't much care, but he is obvious in his bias and he shows disdain toward female witnesses. I've never seen a judge force a recess because of tears. I've seen them ask a witness if they needed some time but if a witness says no then they proceed.

This judge...he's a piece of work...and not in a good way.

Thanks so much for the welcome, it's nice to be a part of! If I go a little deeper into my conspiracy theory here tho, you may think differently! Suppose the DT "has something" on the judge? I know, crazy land, but Chicago operates in a whole different frame of thinking than the norm! We already know what kind of clients this DT works for, & digging up dirt is a way of life for people like this! At any rate, it's great to have a shout out from you, as I've read alot of your post's & always appreciate what you have to say! I'll take your advice & read back even further, I know many have alluded to some dirty tricks, I just felt a bit uneasy going as far as an outright conspiracy! Glad you saw no offense in it!

Is the 14 yr old a minor in the home the bullet was found in the driveway?

The defense is making their desperation loud and clear.

I believe the then 14-year-old boy is Nick Pontarelli, son of Tom and Mary Pontarelli, Kathleen's next door neighbors.

Something was said by the defense on the first or second day of the trial that insinuated that the 14-year-old Nick was infatuated with Kathleen.

Thanks so much for the welcome, it's nice to be a part of! If I go a little deeper into my conspiracy theory here tho, you may think differently! Suppose the DT "has something" on the judge? I know, crazy land, but Chicago operates in a whole different frame of thinking than the norm! We already know what kind of clients this DT works for, & digging up dirt is a way of life for people like this! At any rate, it's great to have a shout out from you, as I've read alot of your post's & always appreciate what you have to say! I'll take your advice & read back even further, I know many have alluded to some dirty tricks, I just felt a bit uneasy going as far as an outright conspiracy! Glad you saw no offense in it!

wishinuall...................adding my :welcome: to you!

In the days and weeks after Stacy disappeared, many local Bolingbrook citizens stated in interviews that they were leery of the local police as they protected one another. Stacy told her pastor she was afraid of the local police as they would side with Drew.

I believe the then 14-year-old boy is Nick Pontarelli, son of Tom and Mary Pontarelli, Kathleen's next door neighbors.

Something was said by the defense on the first or second day of the trial that insinuated that the 14-year-old Nick was infatuated with Kathleen.

I recall that. I just couldn't remember if it was his parents, well his dad, who mentioned the bullet being found face up in the driveway. It apparently was his dad who mentioned the bullet.

Can you call them by the party who initiates? Judge, prosecution, defense? I'm just curious.

Now that ~nt~ has now started bolding "who" is asking for the sidebar, it will be easier! I'll go back and see if I can figure that out - but right now it's my bedtime and just caught with today's trial! But will have a chance on the weekend and will post the results!

respectfully snipped...
In Session The witness is shown a photograph of Kathleen Savio. “Did you know this is her sitting on the tub?” “She’s on a tub.” ‘Did you know that picture was taken by the 14-year-old boy who lived next door?” Objection/Sustained. That ends the testimony of this witness, and she is excused from the stand.
It sounds like the defense is going towards the boy next door did it? What's up with the photo taken by the neighbour ? Anybody know why he took a photo of Savio sitting on a tub? Not same tub right? Why didn't the prosecution re re direct?

Yes, it does sound like that ~nt~... :banghead: another of their smoke and mirrors sh#T!!!

Today I counted 4 sidebars from the Defense, and 2 by the Proscution! I'll get the totals posted after tomorrow trial - and hopefully who asked for the sidebar! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname