GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many parents of students at this school, on hearing of a homicide in the school's parking lot, rushed over and took their own children out of school for the remainder of the day. I probably would have! It would be interesting to hear some statistics on how many other parents did not feel assured their children would be safe there until they knew more about what was going on. :what:

Your comment made me think of something from the testimony today from a parent at Dunwoody. He saw the suspicious van when he dropped his child off and then heard the news about a shooting while listening to a sports radio show at noon! Why the HECK didn't Dunwoody Prep call EVERY parent and tell them when it happened? I would have been VERY mad if this was my kid's school and I found out on the radio 3 hours later.

Rusty only dropped off Ian that morning. Dunwoody dare care had kids aged infant to 5 yrs. Maybe the daughter was in school?

If my husband was injured and/or shot/ dead, and I was on my way to the hospital, I would leave my kids where they would be looked after while I rushed to the hospital. Hospitals are no places for kids. Especially in times of crisis and death. And, she had her mother with her so what was she going to do, take Ian out of day care for RUSTY'S parents to watch (after she just had him killed). What GONADS that would take!!!! JMO

abbie:moo:

I agree hospitals are no places for kids; however, active murder crime scenes are not either. In that situation, I would absolutely remove both children from their schools and had a relative (or close friend) stay with them. However, if I knew it was not a random crime, I wouldn't need to worry about it. I would know my kids were safe.

So I wonder if some deal was not made behind the scenes to limit the questioning in this sphere as pertained to the G.E. employees, his and her co-workers. I did not hear ONE specific question of one witness whether he or she ever suspected or knew of their affair. I do recall testimony that HN himself revealed it to one or more people but I can't recall what, if anything they did about it and I would ask WHY DIDN'T YOU REPORT IT?

I've worked plenty of places where employees knew others (married or not) were involved in affairs and nobody ever reported it. Maybe it's against the code of conduct but most people don't care. It usually only gets reported, or acknowledged, if an employee feels slighted because their boss is giving preferential treatment work-wise to their paramour.

Emails, plus people that Hemy confided certain details to that will testify and that Hemy will confirm?? Is that hearsay? Admissible?

Apparently there are e-mails in the thousands (one report said 1,400 I think), but when I heard them, there was nothing definite that proved an affair. AS was very cryptic in hers, very vague. The only one I remember that gave a clue was when she apologized about her "betrayal". Then there's Hemy's reminding her of their cozy morning-after but again nothing said that definitely relates to intimacies of a sexual nature.

IMO she was careful not to leave an electronic, phone or paper trail of anything that could be construed as a romance. She wanted her double life. She wanted the attention but she did not want to be tied down with HN. And she didn't want to get caught.

The details HN provided were, I think, in the interview with LE that was shown to the jury at the trial. (I read ahead to the verdict and apparently this was very powerful). Nothing was said by him that implicated her in planning the murder, as far as I know.

I agree with all you've said about the circumstantial evidence AND her actions following the shooting would indicate some knowledge...but how much foreknowledge and how long before it happened? All I've learned thus far (unless I missed something) is that during their relationship she complained Rusty was not being a good father (HN's apparent motive for "saving" the kids), she was unhappy in the marriage, they had problems...and IRC a friend testifying that part of AS' complaints had to do with problems with RS dropping the children off at their activities. Just from hearing this information, HN could have learned his routine from that.

But it seems clear that at some point she made it clear that she was not going to leave Rusty. How do we go from that to her deciding to help kill Rusty? All of this together is circumstantial evidence which may help in a conspiracy charge, but how do they charge her with murder? All I can guess is they have more evidence we have not heard. It should be interesting.

Thanks for the discussion.

I agree hospitals are no places for kids; however, active murder crime scenes are not either. In that situation, I would absolutely remove both children from their schools and had a relative (or close friend) stay with them. However, if I knew it was not a random crime, I wouldn't need to worry about it. I would know my kids were safe.

Didn't she go to the daycare, and then go back home, and then go to the hospital? LE and EMT's testified that she never showed any interest to rush to Rusty's side.

UNBELIEVABLE that her first remark to the ER doctor was requesting a child psychologist to break the news to the children. More bizarre when the youngest child was - what - 2 years old? My first thought would have been "may I see him"? If I loved my husband, I would want at least a private moment with him before he was taken to the morgue or funeral home or whatever.

I thought it was strange, also, when she called her father-in-law and said "Rusty's been shot" I'M SO SORRY....freudian slip?

I wouldn't put it past her that she got some kind of perverse thrill out of seeing HN at the shiva and at the gravesite. Just playing, playing, playing, then sitting at the trial and calling him a "stalker", that he "purported to care about ME AND my family...AND HE killed ... my ... hus-band!" I wanted to vomit. And did you see when she testified and he was quoted as telling her she was "fantastic", she gave a little smirk, smile, as if to say "I know! Aren't I, though?" And there he sits, being dumped by her, facing life in prison, and she's treating the whole thing like she's some kind of sorority queen who's outraged that she's had to relinquish her crown.

And then I read elsewhere that this ____________ (can somebody come up with a word that sums up arrogant, cold-hearted, selfish B**TCH) actually got up and made a speech at his memorial service. She must have ice water in her veins and a heart made of gun metal.

Your comment made me think of something from the testimony today from a parent at Dunwoody. He saw the suspicious van when he dropped his child off and then heard the news about a shooting while listening to a sports radio show at noon! Why the HECK didn't Dunwoody Prep call EVERY parent and tell them when it happened? I would have been VERY mad if this was my kid's school and I found out on the radio 3 hours later.

I wasn't impressed with either of the two male witnesses who gave incredibly detailed descriptions of the shooter and the van; both stated they knew he looked suspicious and out of place, both made a mental note of it and DROVE OFF to their business...neither of them stopped, went into the day care and reported this to the staff. In these dangerous times, you'd think they would have done something - even if to call and alert the staff, for the safety of THEIR OWN children as well as others.

Dunwoody must have a large population of males who haul their kids all over. Where were all of the mom's? Just curious....

I've worked plenty of places where employees knew others (married or not) were involved in affairs and nobody ever reported it. Maybe it's against the code of conduct but most people don't care. It usually only gets reported, or acknowledged, if an employee feels slighted because their boss is giving preferential treatment work-wise to their paramour.

My point, exactly. If hauling AS around on business trips and racking up expensive hotels and etc., was not preferential, then what is? Who among the other employees had their bosses squiring them around?

I read that HN's wife stated she was supposed to go to London with him, then he told her she couldn't go because he was going to be too busy. She said he didn't allow her to work, she had to stay home and raise the kids and he accused her of racking up the bills when it was he spending like no tomorrow, a lot of it on AS.

The IS witness testified that they had discretion about travel, but wouldn't you think all of this superfulous activity and the expenses they were piling up might not come to the attention to somebody just because of the finances? I guess they don't do too much "quality control" in that area. I'd think that more than one employee might be a bit disgruntled. Maybe somebody DID complain, but another somebody did nothing about it.

Didn't she go to the daycare, and then go back home, and then go to the hospital? LE and EMT's testified that she never showed any interest to rush to Rusty's side.

UNBELIEVABLE that her first remark to the ER doctor was requesting a child psychologist to break the news to the children. More bizarre when the youngest child was - what - 2 years old? My first thought would have been "may I see him"? If I loved my husband, I would want at least a private moment with him before he was taken to the morgue or funeral home or whatever.

I thought it was strange, also, when she called her father-in-law and said "Rusty's been shot" I'M SO SORRY....freudian slip?

I wouldn't put it past her that she got some kind of perverse thrill out of seeing HN at the shiva and at the gravesite. Just playing, playing, playing, then sitting at the trial and calling him a "stalker", that he "purported to care about ME AND my family...AND HE killed ... my ... hus-band!" I wanted to vomit. And did you see when she testified and he was quoted as telling her she was "fantastic", she gave a little smirk, smile, as if to say "I know! Aren't I, though?" And there he sits, being dumped by her, facing life in prison, and she's treating the whole thing like she's some kind of sorority queen who's outraged that she's had to relinquish her crown.

And then I read elsewhere that this ____________ (can somebody come up with a word that sums up arrogant, cold-hearted, selfish B**TCH) actually got up and made a speech at his memorial service. She must have ice water in her veins and a heart made of gun metal.

yeah, a little overly dra-mat-ic when she lowers her voice and practically whispers "And he killed my husband". I was like OMG girl, get some acting lessons already!!!

I have a question, though. Many people keep making reference to the fact that AS will not be able to go to an amusement park while on house arrest. Why? Did she say something like I can't wait to get out of jail so I can take the kids to an amusement park???

TIA

abbie

I wasn't impressed with either of the two male witnesses who gave incredibly detailed descriptions of the shooter and the van; both stated they knew he looked suspicious and out of place, both made a mental note of it and DROVE OFF to their business...neither of them stopped, went into the day care and reported this to the staff. In these dangerous times, you'd think they would have done something - even if to call and alert the staff, for the safety of THEIR OWN children as well as others.

Dunwoody must have a large population of males who haul their kids all over. Where were all of the mom's? Just curious....

LOL. Maybe the moms are home working on their 3rd cup of coffee and settling in to watch InSessions at 9am.

Jus sayin'.

abbie

yeah, a little overly dra-mat-ic when she lowers her voice and practically whispers "And he killed my husband". I was like OMG girl, get some acting lessons already!!!

I have a question, though. Many people keep making reference to the fact that AS will not be able to go to an amusement park while on house arrest. Why? Did she say something like I can't wait to get out of jail so I can take the kids to an amusement park???

TIA

abbie

LOL about the acting lessons. She seems the type who would argue with the drama coach. Somebody in InSession said yesterday that she probably withheld things from her own legal team and then just let loose on the witness stand; there's no way her attorneys would have advised her to do that...they would have said "just answer the questions 'yes' and 'no' and don't explain anything".

IMO I think the "amusement park" reference is to that Six Flags Over Georgia place? That's a big tourist attraction over there. I saw it referred to several comments back. Right now I venture SHE would be a big attraction if she went...

OT (trial) I was thinking this morning what must it be like to be AS parents and have her living with them? I mean, she has steadfastly refused to admit she had this affair but the testimonies and evidence make it abundantly clear. And she started something that ended up in a murder (were they close to their son-in-law?), the trial(s), the media, the ruination of so many lives. And she's snippy and arrogant to boot.

There's nothing like parental love and you want to love your children (even as adults) unconditionally, but in most situations you make your own choices and don't have a judge telling you that you are ORDERED to have them (and their children ) live with you 24/7. IMO having choices makes a big difference in the human psyche. So far, through the HN trial, they were unquestionably supportive and on her side.

Now the judge orders your daughter to live with you and you get to face her across the breakfast table and what is in your mind? If it was just the HN trial is over you might be able to bury it away, perhaps get on with your lives in some semblance of order, but no. Another trial and she is still denying everything. I guess a predictable reaction would be for a parent to suspend suspicion and choose to believe the daughter against all odds and common sense. But I don't see how this is really possible at this stage. It's really bizarre, IMO.

OT (trial) I was thinking this morning what must it be like to be AS parents and have her living with them? I mean, she has steadfastly refused to admit she had this affair but the testimonies and evidence make it abundantly clear. And she started something that ended up in a murder (were they close to their son-in-law?), the trial(s), the media, the ruination of so many lives. And she's snippy and arrogant to boot.

There's nothing like parental love and you want to love your children (even as adults) unconditionally, but in most situations you make your own choices and don't have a judge telling you that you are ORDERED to have them (and their children ) live with you 24/7. IMO having choices makes a big difference in the human psyche. So far, through the HN trial, they were unquestionably supportive and on her side.

Now the judge orders your daughter to live with you and you get to face her across the breakfast table and what is in your mind? If it was just the HN trial is over you might be able to bury it away, perhaps get on with your lives in some semblance of order, but no. Another trial and she is still denying everything. I guess a predictable reaction would be for a parent to suspend suspicion and choose to believe the daughter against all odds and common sense. But I don't see how this is really possible at this stage. It's really bizarre, IMO.

I think her parents are delusional. Dad was on the stand telling everyone she was "perfect" which of course is a big lie since no one is perfect. I think they will deny her guilt outwardly and vehemently and we have already seen they are willing to obstruct justice for her. My guess she is the "princess" of the family and they will put up with her snippy arrogant ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bnicole*