Evidence not tested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gore never said that was ALL the proof they had on Dina. IMO, they would have checked at the hospital with the nurses on the floor that night. They would not just have taken Dina's cell phone location and said "ok". Detectives don't work that way. They do think outside the box.

What I find fascinating, is that people think that what they said in the news conference was all they did. They had up to 15 investigators working on the case. Trained professionals. They know how to investigate.

Hypothetically speaking, if Gore had really wanted to put the matter to rest he could have. However, I suspect he left the matter open for a reason. It's called CYA.

BBM
"The blood spots on the carpet and on Zahau's body did undergo DNA testing and were identified as her own menstrual blood; therefore, said Gore, the blood spot in the shower also was determined to be her own blood, "through logical investigative work."

"To take every little piece and look at the shower blood, we just don't do that," Gore concluded
"

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16068012/mixed-dna-all-over-zahau-death-scene-some-evidence-not-tested

The scientific approach, Sheriff Gore, is not about biases and prejudices of the investigation but of looking at the entirety of possibilities.

Freespeech, they weren't women's clothes and underwear. They were teenagers. Big difference. And they weren't found in Adam's room. They were in the other bedroom of the guest house.

Ok, I'll hold my fingers next time...promise!

I should have posted this here - Anne Bremner after receiving Rebecca's file -

"They didn't look at a pair of woman's underwear in a garbage can in the guest house," said Bremner. "The underwear was not analyzed."

"The underwear was collected but was not examined because of Jonah Shacknai's statement and the fact that we had better evidence as to whether Rebecca Zahau was sexually assaulted or not; and that was her body – and swabs recovered from her body – which showed no sexual assault," responded Grubb.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/1606801...nce-not-tested

Logically, a murderer may or may not use gloves, right?

"Just because it's possible that someone committed suicide, doesn't mean that the case should be closed, Bremner said. "We know there were clumps of hair that they found, there were gloves found at the scene, I always suggested that if there is a killer that he used gloves and that's why they didn't leave their DNA and fingerprints."

Bremner also points out that the doors are closed on the balcony where Zahau was found hanging. "Did she turn around and close the doors before she hung herself off the side?"

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/New-Details-In-Mansion-Death-Revealed-130329173.html

I should have posted this here - Anne Bremner after receiving Rebecca's file -

"They didn't look at a pair of woman's underwear in a garbage can in the guest house," said Bremner. "The underwear was not analyzed."

"The underwear was collected but was not examined because of Jonah Shacknai's statement and the fact that we had better evidence as to whether Rebecca Zahau was sexually assaulted or not; and that was her body – and swabs recovered from her body – which showed no sexual assault," responded Grubb.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/1606801...nce-not-tested

Your post made me think.

I don't think LE ever said this was girl's underwear, e.g., it couldn't have been a size a woman would wear? Rebecca was small anyway and I bet she would wear abut the same size as many teenage girls. Of course, if they were excluded then no one tried to find out if someone would claim them (there are only a few reasons people throw underwear in the trash anyway, so I find the fact they were there unusual anyway!).

Is there any evidence that Rebecca died in that room? They obviously did not check out whether she could have been murdered elsewhere and moved to that room, right? It would be easier, it seems to me, to not leave DNA if a struggle or altercation took place elsewhere and the staging took place in the room with the balcony. It sort of makes sense to me also.

Was there an issue with no light being on in that room or was that settled, e.g., the light was off and the claim would have to be that Rebecca either committed suicide in the dark, turned the lights off before jumping, or?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15466715/questions-linger-in-coronado-mansion-hanging-death

"...Lt. Nesbit told News 8 the "clear liquid" was never analyzed by investigators. However, detectives do have an explanation for the other items found in the guest house bedroom.

"We determined that that clothing was not from Rebecca," Lt. Nesbit said. "The clothing was left by a female guest who stayed in the guest house earlier, prior to the (hanging) incident.

Nesbit would not identify that female house guest, but the autopsy report said Zahau's teenage sister was also visiting from out of town and staying at the Coronado home in the days before the hanging..."

Did LE test the glass for fingerprints and DNA around the rim?

Why didn't LE test the contents of the glass?

Were LE's explanations for the other items found in the guest house proven logically and scientifically or were they based on hearsay and speculation?

What methods did LE use to determine that the clothing did not belong to Rebecca?

How did LE know that the clothing was left behind by a female guest prior to the hanging?

Is the female's guest's identity recorded in the case files?

Was the female guest's DNA found on the clothing?

Was LE promoting the meme that the clothing belonged to Rebecca's sister?

Would Rebecca's sister's DNA be similar to Rebecca's?

Was this promotion an early attempt at obfuscation and cover-up via deviation from standard investigative procedure?

red dog bone

red blanket

overturned wicker chair

"Just because it's possible that someone committed suicide, doesn't mean that the case should be closed, Bremner said. "We know there were clumps of hair that they found, there were gloves found at the scene, I always suggested that if there is a killer that he used gloves and that's why they didn't leave their DNA and fingerprints."

Bremner also points out that the doors are closed on the balcony where Zahau was found hanging. "Did she turn around and close the doors before she hung herself off the side?"

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/New-Details-In-Mansion-Death-Revealed-130329173.html

There have been plenty of cases where a murderer has worn gloves, whether leather or latex or whatever. But in this case, I'll point out again, that the black glove found were probably not latex and were powder free. They would be exactly what a murderer would want. I doubt you are going to buy one pair of these gloves that easily, IDK. The fact that no matching glove and no box was found indicates it was probably brought to the scene.

Also, killers have been known to even wear surgical/crime scene booties during a murder to cover their footprints so it is not at all implausible they at least wore gloves.

Do we know if the inside of that black glove was tested for DNA?

In order to leave no evidence of DNA in the room where Rebecca prepared to hang herself, a perpetrator would have to wear an entire body coverup, gloves, booties, and face covering. Just gloves would not have done it.

In order to leave no evidence of DNA in the room where Rebecca prepared to hang herself, a perpetrator would have to wear an entire body coverup, gloves, booties, and face covering. Just gloves would not have done it.

IMO that is not at all required because SDSO did so little testing of any DNA, trace or otherwise.

IMO that is not at all required because SDSO did so little testing of any DNA, trace or otherwise.

SDSO tested almost everything found in the room where Rebecca was that would have been used in her suicide. Here is just a bit of info:

Were there prints and DNA on the knives?
The small knife had Rebecca’s DNA, and only Rebecca’s DNA. No fingerprints were developed from this item. The large knife had Rebecca’s fingerprints, and only Rebecca’s fingerprints. A low level of DNA material was found on this knife as well, but it was not enough for any comparison.

Were there prints and DNA on the rope?
Rebecca’s DNA was found on the rope, particularly in areas that would have to be manipulated to tie the knots. Only Rebecca’s DNA was found on these items other than one “artifact,” which is a fragment of material that could be DNA, but does not contain enough information to determine who, or what, it came from (animals and plants also have DNA that can be left behind). The rope could not be fingerprinted.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

SDSO tested almost everything found in the room where Rebecca was that would have been used in her suicide. Here is just a bit of info:

The small knife had Rebecca’s DNA, and only Rebecca’s DNA. No fingerprints were developed from this item. The large knife had Rebecca’s fingerprints, and only Rebecca’s fingerprints. A low level of DNA material was found on this knife as well, but it was not enough for any comparison.

Rebecca’s DNA was found on the rope, particularly in areas that would have to be manipulated to tie the knots. Only Rebecca’s DNA was found on these items other than one “artifact,” which is a fragment of material that could be DNA, but does not contain enough information to determine who, or what, it came from (animals and plants also have DNA that can be left behind). The rope could not be fingerprinted.

I was referencing the untested items in posts 24, 26, 28 and 29 above on this thread.

I agree with you. DNA is invisible. Only way to ensure it does't fall from our bodies is to completely cover-up.

JMO

I agree with you. DNA is invisible. Only way to ensure it does't fall from our bodies is to completely cover-up.

JMO

And so many have claimed that RZ was "tortured and interrogated" before she was "murdered". IMO, gloves certainly would not have done the trick with THAT much activity going on - DNA would have been flying all over the place!

And so many have claimed that RZ was "tortured and interrogated" before she was "murdered". IMO, gloves certainly would not have done the trick with THAT much activity going on - DNA would have been flying all over the place!

ITA. I can certainly understand the reluctance of LE to spend money on "testing" if there really was no evidence of a confrontation to support it.

Not many agencies have unlimited supply of money these days.

JMO

Agreed. It is logical to assume that a murderer would use gloves. Imo, it is also logical to assume that a murderer may or may not lie or otherwise attempt to hide their crime by attempting to wipe any prints or DNA with, for some examples, a dryer sheet or towel.

I would think that a standard investigation would necessitate the use of logic, critical thinking, good deductive reasoning and proficient knowledge of the science and principles of investigative technique. :websleuther:

Someone who would murder might also possibly...have knocked Rebecca unconscious. They could have taken her hand in their gloved hand to place her prints in strategic places before tying her up and murdering her.

A different lab should re-analyse the data. There was too much uninterpretable DNA/mixed DNA found. Another lab may be able to find something. No one has explained why Adam's DNA wasn't on the rope even though he allegedly he cut her down. There are definitely some errors here that have not been explained.

Someone who would murder might also possibly...have knocked Rebecca unconscious. They could have taken her hand in their gloved hand to place her prints in strategic places before tying her up and murdering her.

Someone would have had to wear an entire Hazmat suit to not leave any DNA or fingerprints. Just gloves wouldn't do it.

The bruises on RZ's head were minor. They wound not have knocked her out and there were no drugs found in her body.

"Bruises on the right of her scalp were also seen. These were relatively minor. Because there was evidence that she went over the balcony in a non-vertical position, she may have struck her head on the balcony on the way down," Dr. Jonathan Lucas, of the San Diego Medical Examiner's Office says.

In conclusion, the San Diego Medical Examiner firmly stands by their findings that Rebecca Zahau committed suicide: "As in any comprehensive investigation, some findings cannot be entirely explained.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...eport-explained-san-diego-sheriffs-department

ITA. I can certainly understand the reluctance of LE to spend money on "testing" if there really was no evidence of a confrontation to support it.

Not many agencies have unlimited supply of money these days.

JMO

BTW, Rebecca had four SEPARATE hemorrhages to the top of her head. She also had cuts and blood on her fingers, scratches on her face, back, arms and legs, bruises to her thigh and lower legs, tape reside on her legs and an extra ligature mark around her neck. Also her throat bones were broken and she had facial petechiae and congestion which is indicative of strangulation vs hanging but no broken neck or decapitation as would be expected in a long drop hanging.

This doesn't sound right to me. It sounds like solving Rebecca's murder was too expensive so they opted for a determination of suicide because it was cheaper. Imo.

Someone would have had to wear an entire Hazmat suit to not leave any DNA or fingerprints. Just gloves wouldn't do it.

The bruises on RZ's head were minor. They wound not have knocked her out and there were no drugs found in her body.

"Bruises on the right of her scalp were also seen. These were relatively minor. Because there was evidence that she went over the balcony in a non-vertical position, she may have struck her head on the balcony on the way down," Dr. Jonathan Lucas, of the San Diego Medical Examiner's Office says.

In conclusion, the San Diego Medical Examiner firmly stands by their findings that Rebecca Zahau committed suicide: "As in any comprehensive investigation, some findings cannot be entirely explained.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...eport-explained-san-diego-sheriffs-department

BBM. Untrue according to Dr. Cyril Wecht on Dr. Phil: 'You might have unconsciousness............from the blunt force trauma on her head'. And this was a world renowned medical examiner who WAS NOT PAID FOR by anyone.

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/6583/?id=6583&slide=1&showID=1737&preview=&versionID=

Compelling interview that goes into many other inconsistencies of the so-called "suicide".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny