Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 2 - 1st Day of Testimony, Monday, Sept 24

Doesn't appear to be very many people interested in watching this trial. The place is mostly empty.

There are 122 people over on Justice Quest watching. I know during TPS's trial, WS locked up for me, at least, a lot because of all the people here.

Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball

#ElizabethJohnson pursued him into Employees Only area. She was asked to leave. #BabyGabriel

Expand

1m Chris Williams‏@chriswnews

#BabyGabriel trial: dad's fmr coworker says Logan McQueary locked self on break room when Elizabeth Johnson came to 99Cent store 12/9/09

Expand

4m Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball

Store co-worker: Logan "took off" into breakroom as soon as he saw #ElizabethJohnson, trying to avoid her. #BabyGabriel

Cynthia Groulx is next witness called by State . . . (pronounced Grew) she is now in retail . . . she worked @ 99 cent only store . .in Tempe @ 7900 block of east southern(?) she was head cashier . . . she took care of front end store , registered, counting cashiers in and out, helped managers and answered phones. Knew Logan . . . he was a stocker. kNEW him from seeing @ work and conversed a little here and there. Didn't know much about his home life. She knew he had a son but Logan didn't discuss having a girlfriend. He was not upset but a little off - a little more focused on his job duties. She talked with him as she speaks to all of the employees. She learned more about what was going on later that night. Her shift was 3 or 4pm to close (10 pm). She recalls answering phone 3 - 4 times when EJ called. She asked to speak to Logan - called Logan over the intercom system to answer the phone 2 - 3 times. After a few times. . . Logan said if she calls again - tell her I am busy. Cashier said she told EJ she would take a message and call her back as he was working. EJ came into the store - Logan saw her and went into the break room. EJ started going toward break room. She came in the door and EJ went around another way . . . EJ followed and Ms. Groulx went to front to get the keys to lock Logan in. Witness says she is nervous answering questions . . . .unable to make statements (wiping tears) that include hearsay. Due to Logans reaction Groulx felt it was necessary to lock the employee room door. EJ was speaking in loud voice "Logan I need to speak to you . . . it's important about your son". . . . Groulx opened break room door and opened office door. EJ tried to go into the office as well. Groulx closed door and locked it with herself and Logan inside. They called for manager on duty (Adrian Mattuse) = cameras in the office to the hallway - they opened door when they saw Adrian . . . EJ tried to push her way into the office . They shut the door on (EJ). EJ calling Logan Logan. Groulx called up to the front by another cashier . . . handled cashier issue and then they called the police. Didn't hear either Logan or EJ talk to the police. Logan did ask her to ask LEO where his son was. No further questions . . . No cross from Defense - no questions from the jury.

Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball

Witnss: #ElizabethJohnson yelling, cursing, pushing at store. We called police. #BabyGabriel

Poor Logan had to lock himself in the office trying to stay away from that nutjob!!

It seems to me it would have been helpful to the jury to know why Logan was hiding in the office. Due to the incidents that happened prior with EJ's temper tantrums and destruction.

HLN is showing video clips of Logan on stand from this morning. . . .

Detective Jones . . . Bill Jones . from City of Tempe Police - Criminal Investigation Bureau. in Dec. 2009 he was a Patrol officer. 12/9/09 working that date . . . . called to female disturbing inside the store @ 6:42pm . . . other officers there . . . Officer Payne and Officer Travis Smith. Officer Smith speaking to a female when Jones arrived, the female in question. Jones spoke to her (EJ) as well. She told officers she was looking for her son Gabriel . . . . said Logan had him or knew where he was. Logan was in the back store employee room. Jones obtained info from Logan and went back to Officer Smith was interviewing EJ at the time. Previous in the day . . . Officer Williams on the previous date 12/8/09 there was a report. Jones confronted EJ about her statements as they were inconsistent to previous statements. She said Logan had taken Gabriel . . . . Jones and Officer Payne obtained consent to search her vehicle and her house. Child was not in the car nor in the home on Priest Drive. Follow up investigation - Jones contacted EJ's brother by telephone. .. no further info about where Gabriel was . . . . spoke w/Sgt. Keppler. Nofurther involvement. No further questions from State, Defense nor Jurors.

Just me, or is it odd that the defense has had no cross for any of the witnesses so far?

So... no one asked for some elaboration on the inconsistency in EJ's statements? :doh: I just don't get this trial or the jury. The jury has the opportunity to ask questions, why aren't they!

I don't think they have anything to ask these people, that would do him any good. does anyone else?
I don't think many people are watching because this isn't about finding Gabe....its technically "about parental rights". I think if she was ever charged with murder of BG that would be a different story.
MOO

It seems to me it would have been helpful to the jury to know why Logan was hiding in the office. Due to the incidents that happened prior with EJ's temper tantrums and destruction.

It's too bad that the judge ruled that couldn't come in. Let's hope the jury gets an idea of what she was (and still is) like. Bad tempered, vindictive, etc.

So far, they know that EJ said she'd adopted Gabriel out, the roommate indicated he saw her give the baby to Tammi. They also know that she subsequently created a big fuss at the store, necesitating a call to the police. She was making a disturbance saying Logan had taken the baby.

Not a bad start.

I'm reading here....that baby is in my mind quite a bit. Thanks to all who are updating this thread for those who can't watch.

It's too bad that the judge ruled that couldn't come in. Let's hope the jury gets an idea of what she was (and still is) like. Bad tempered, vindictive, etc.

So far, they know that EJ said she'd adopted Gabriel out, the roommate indicated he saw her give the baby to Tammi. They also know that she subsequently created a big fuss at the store, necesitating a call to the police. She was making a disturbance saying Logan had taken the baby.

Not a bad start.

Well let's just hope that they're able to put it all together, unlike another jury we all know.

if the DA fails and she walks on this charge..anyone know if there are any other pending charges? Does someone know off hand how long she would actually stay in jail for 'custodial interference'? TIA

Amezquita - Tempe Police Officer for over 10 years. . . . he was a detective, part of the Dept. Action team . . . 12/09 he was Patrol officer - evening hours. 12/9/09 dispatched to the 99cent only store . . . subject disturbing . . .18:41 hrs. (6:41 pm ) he responded with 2 other officers (Jones & Smith). One was interviewing EJ . . . disturbance in back office of the business .. . he interviewed Logan inside main office of the business . . . spoke w/Logan about what occurred that day. . . . spoke to the manager on duty Elfadli, he then returned to Jones & Smith - he learned EJ was now reporting that her child was missing. Later he learned from EJ at that time her son was missing. She stated Logan had taken the child. Steadfast in fact she did not know where her child was. She said Logan had the child. Obtained additional info regarding his family including phone numbers, names and addresses to see if any family had the child based upon EJ's statements and allegations. They got at least the Father and Grandmother's names and numbers. Sgt Keppler was LE Supv. Follow up was completed - child was not found w/Logans family members. Record checks on EJ's family members done. Contact info for TPS and Ray Baker. Attempted to follow up on that info. Not able to make contact with EJ with phone number for ? waters colonics Sharlene's Water Colonics. Ray Baker - not able to be contacted - unknown female answered and was not helpful and hung up on police. They moved investigation to back storeroom. When they were done w/investigation @ the scene EJ returned to her residence. Investigation continued . . . a couple Detectives called out to finish investigation . . . Det. Agulara found/located child - Logan's family was not involved. No further questions from State, Defense, norJurors.

Custodial Interference and Parental Alienation in AZ - FindLaw
knowledgebase.findlaw.com › KnowledgebaseFeb 17, 2010 – Under Arizona state law, this type of custodial interference is a Class 6 felony, bringing sentences ranging from probation to years in prison.

Judge dismisses jury asks Juror #2 to stay for a second. . . . they are going thru testimony so quickly they weren't ready to have next person on the stand yet. Juror #2 has stayed . . . . shut off cameras and mikes for now as they are discussing Juror#2's employment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monifah2
Back