TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vatican's calling that find a fake.

I'm Lutheran but I've always assumed Jesus and the Magdalene, like, kicked it together.

There's a roughhewn connection between all these little ministries. Except for Episcopalians, Lutherans, Presbyterians, and most Methodists, plus the larger Baptist organizations, it's a pretty helter skelter world with the rest of them. "jmo"

And no, different The Bridge. It's this one:

http://www.bridgeministry.org/

Agree there are so many. I forget what religion the Bobos are. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just curious if they had a connection to this ministry and why they were chosen. It would be last on my list of questions. There are so many pressing questions need answering.

Candy Christmas seems like a nice lady.

Agree there are so many. I forget what religion the Bobos are. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just curious if they had a connection to this ministry and why they were chosen. It would be last on my list of questions. There are so many pressing questions need answering.

Candy Christmas seems like a nice lady.
The Bobos are Baptist though I'm not sure of what variety. (There are many.)

Candy Christmas - wotta name!

I think that is great and all efforts cannot hurt, but since Fliers, Decals, T-shirts, etc. have already been used for quite some time, I keep trying to think about what else could be done to really try to get some results.

Like, It's too bad there wasn't an independent "pro-bono" Volunteer Private Investigator type group that could come into town and do their own private investigation to try and find out what happened. And I do mean experienced and professional PI. Not referring to SAR groups or any fake fly by night SAR outfit like we have seen awhile back...LOL.

Sometimes, Professional Private investigators can open doors that otherwise would not be open to either LE or others. I think it would be critical that they came in without any bias and no ties to anyone in order to have any possibility of getting any results. Just in case someone is being "protected".

There are volunteer type organizations like the "Innocense Project", but they seem tailored to proving someone is innocent. I don't think too many people want to work for free, so I doubt any PIs even exist like this.

There was previous discussion about whether PIs were ever hired, and that is still an open question and concern.

So true about the PI's. If even half the rumors that float around are true, make that 10%, I can see where someone would be leery of going to LE. That same person may be willing to go to a PI with a tip though.

But are we sure the blood was hers? Is it possible the blood was from an animal and the reason she walked into the woods was because she was tricked into thinking someone was seriously hurt. (She could rationalize missing her test for something so serious).

As a hunter, CB would notice if a weapon was being pointed at his sister as she was walking into the woods. In terms of gun safety, wouldn't he notice that? Thus, the absence means she walked quasi- willingly to the woods.

Just a thought.

Unless DB is lying or someone is lying to him, it is Holly's. He had confirmed it.

Regarding the running into the woods, my impression had always been that it was a circus immediately, and I would imagine that is when people were running into the woods. I think after some time, LE tried, ineffectively if you ask me, to get control of the scene and that's when CB was trying to get people to stop running around. I think DB even cordoned off the blood.

Mark Fuhrman was told the dogs never tracked Holly into the woods. Take it for what it's worth...but the dogs had a nice fresh trail of blood and not one located or trailed her into the woods.

Mark Fuhrman was told the dogs never tracked Holly into the woods. Take it for what it's worth...but the dogs had a nice fresh trail of blood and not one located or trailed her into the woods.

He did say that. It was on Greta, wasn't it? I think it was early on before everything got so confusing.

He did say that. It was on Greta, wasn't it? I think it was early on before everything got so confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by*Pensfan*
From Case Signal

- Mark Furman @ 7:14: “I called Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. I actually talked to a dispatcher. I talked to somebody in the Sheriff’s department.”

- Mark Furman @ 8:39: “When I called Tennessee, I also found out that the dogs did not scent anything in that treeline where they supposedly entered.”
I remember that and I believe Case Signal to be very reputable also. I haven't looked at it in a long time, but I remember it having everything known or said about this case

www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171394&page=21

New Project Hopes To Bring Holly Home

Volunteers gathered in Nashville Friday to launch a brand new campaign: distributing bottles of water displaying Holly's information. The bottles will now be shipped to homeless shelters throughout the mid-state, in hopes one reaches a person who knows something about the 21-year old's disappearance.

19669768_BG1.jpg

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19669768/new-project-hopes-to-bring-holly-home

wfgodot, maybe we can add a homeless hobo to the list of theories?

Still need some time to digest this piece of information:waitasec:

I don't think the idea is to find Holly in a shelter but to jog the memory of someone in a shelter. Those folks often have info on crimes and things that have happened "on the street" or gossiped about "on the street". For example a homeless person may have found something out in the woods, heard something from one of his camp buddies, etc.

I don't think the idea is to find Holly in a shelter but to jog the memory of someone in a shelter. Those folks often have info on crimes and things that have happened "on the street" or gossiped about "on the street". For example a homeless person may have found something out in the woods, heard something from one of his camp buddies, etc.

I completely agree with this. I think the water bottles are a good idea.

One would think after 17 months if there was gossip or something was found, someone would have come forward already.

Why wasn't this done 17 months ago?

One would think after 17 months if there was gossip or something was found, someone would have come forward already.

Why wasn't this done 17 months ago?

“Why” indeed!

Why did DB have to be the one to release info about blood evidence?
Why has it never been confirmed by LE that Holly’s cell phone was found?
Why has it been over a year for the public to be privy to Holly’s pink purse and camera?
Why was Holly’s daily schedule not released until recently?
Why hasn’t the boyfriend ever spoken publicly about finding Holly?
Why has it not been confirmed whether the LE dogs established a trail in the woods?
Why won’t LE give a press conf. in this case to update the public and/or ask for specific help?

I suspect that the Bobo family wanted to have a much more public presence in the beginning of this case to find Holly. Remember KB making a plea to the president for help? Remember DB stating it was time more information be released? IMO it seems there is “someone in charge” who doesn’t want (and/or preventing) this case solved. It just has that feel about it.

I keep thinking about Brandon Lavergne confessing in detail to the murder of Lisa Pate while in jail for separate rape charges. When he was charged with killing Mickey Shunick and Lisa in 2012, the other inmates apparently had told these stories to investigators (possibly sometime before but they didn't come out until after her had killed Mickey and was charged with her murder).
Maybe they should send these water bottles to prisons. What if there's some guy locked up for another crime who has told he jail cell buddies about kidnapping and killing (cringe, but we know it's likely) a petite blonde girl near Darden?

I know jail house confessions to other inmates can be less than reliable but just in case.....

At this point, why not?

I keep thinking about Brandon Lavergne confessing in detail to the murder of Lisa Pate while in jail for separate rape charges. When he was charged with killing Mickey Shunick and Lisa in 2012, the other inmates apparently had told these stories to investigators (possibly sometime before but they didn't come out until after her had killed Mickey and was charged with her murder).
Maybe they should send these water bottles to prisons. What if there's some guy locked up for another crime who has told he jail cell buddies about kidnapping and killing (cringe, but we know it's likely) a petite blonde girl near Darden?

I know jail house confessions to other inmates can be less than reliable but just in case.....

At this point, why not?

Great idea, ktgirl, couldn't hurt..
This is another idea thought of by the Parents of a murdered daughter; Suzanne Lyall, that has been very effective in getting inmates to connect the dots for missing/murdered persons cold cases:

http://www.jimmurphyda.com/CenterforHope.htm

Center for Hope: Doug and Mary Lyall create not for profit to remember the missing, especially Suzanne Lyall and create a monument to missing persons.

The Playing Card Program: Missing Persons, Unsolved Homicide Victims and Fugitives from Justice. A partnership with DA Murphy and the Lyalls

Effective Playing Cards produced the first custom printed Unsolved Homicide cards with Heartland Crime Stoppers of Polk County, FL. Almost immediately after distributing these unique poker cards to the 2500 jail inmate population of Polk County, Florida, fresh leads into cold cases appeared. Special Agent Tommy Ray of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Cold Case Assessment Team stated, "It is like interviewing all 2500 inmates about 52 different homicides all at the same time!"

Endless gnashing over why things did or didnt happen X months ago is totally really futile. Every day is a new day in the search. Some crimes are solved a decade or more after they happened. In general, new evidence in crimes can be found, collected or uncovered at any point. Oddly too people come forward with information some time after a crime for various reasons. It could be someone knows something and doesn't even realize its important or related to Holly.

The Bobos are Baptist though I'm not sure of what variety. (There are many.)

Candy Christmas - wotta name!

I'm guessing they're Southern Baptists but I'm not absolutely sure.

BTW, my grandmother has a friend named Mary Christmas. True story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname