TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that her identity and SS (with her maiden name) matches someone in AZ. That is what I remember.

I believe that her identity and SS (with her maiden name) matches someone in AZ. That is what I remember.

This may sound confusing...but here goes...
Yes, the SS# was issued in 1988 in Arizona to someone with a birth cert for LEK. There isn't an indication that it was or was not our UID. The real LEK could have had her identity stolen after 1988 by the UID. Without a picture, we have no way of knowing who the actual person was that got the initial SS# in 1988. I don't want to close my mind to other options because I know how details can be completely inaccurate online.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I might be confused here... but I could have sworn that her SSN was issued in Texas in 1988, not Arizona?

My daughter wears a size 11 shoe, and she's only 13. She's 5'9" now, and I'm guessing will be close to 6' by the time she stops growing.

She's always been a girl.

Ok...this was posted by JeanieC on 6-18-12.

This was my reply from: MClark@ci.seaside

Thank you for your request regarding the Mary Day investigation. I have reviewed the file you referred to in NAMUS. The photo is not a person I recognize and is not Mary Day. The year of birth (1959) is also not a match.

My case involves a woman who is posing as our victim. Her identity is still a mystery. I do have a social security number that was fictitiously used belonging to a juvenile in Oregon. And I have a partial SSN also used which is from New Jersey. If any of that matches up, please let me know. I am doubtful there is any connection at all. Thanks again.
Hope this helps. To be honest the reply totally confused me. It was from MClark from Seaside, Ca where Mary Day's case is being investigated but if you read the answer it suddenly appears to be from a different person. I thought the UID was being investigated in Texas not Ca.

ETA: This is a very confusing post. My interpretation the message seems to contain the writing of two different detectives. The first part was written by MClark, the investigator in charge of Mary Day's case. He seems to be responding to the second part of the letter, which begins "My case involves...". This part seems to be written by someone investigating our UID's case.

Mamashawn - thanks for posting that. I remember when that was posted and how confusing that was.

The way I interpret it is that Longview Doe (LEK/LER) was using a SSN that belonged to a juvenile in Oregon as well as maybe sometimes using a partial that belonged to someone in NJ. I'm not sure how it's even possible to use a partial SSN. I mean, I know of cases where I fill out documents where I'm asked for the first or last seven of my SSN, but why would Longview use two different SSNs - and only a partial of one? One would assume that if you're using a SSN, especially if you have a business and presumably have to use your SSN to register and for tax purposes, that you would stick to it - real or not. If you've gone through the trouble of creating a false identity, and you're asked for part of your SSN, why would you not give part of your assumed SSN.

That makes very little sense, I realize. I'm trying to wrap my brain around this once again.

Also - the SSN belongs to a juvenile in Oregon. Someone who was a juvenile in 1988? In other words, did Longview use this juvenile's SSN for herself and applied for a card? How would SSN not catch that?

And - what the heck does "my case involves a woman who is posing as our victim," mean? Who is the "victim?" Longview is presumably the woman posing as her. Is the "victim" the juvenile (now an adult) in Oregon?

So confusing.

I suppose that Longview could have stolen (directly or by purchasing from a stolen ID dealer) the ID of a kid born in Oregon in the late 80s.

Like I said above, it wasn't until the mid 90s that SS starting having the computer programs to even begin to attempt to curtail ID theft. And as we all know now, still a huge problem.

Thanks mamashawn and pjclover... I certainly needed my memory refreshed.

My guess is she was using the identity of a child in Oregon who had died. What they'd do was find a grave of someone around their age who had died as a child, and then assume the identity. Apply for a copy of the birth certificate, and go from there.

Although it isn't directly specified, I took the detective's wording above to mean that the victim (identity stolen) is still alive. I guess it doesn't matter to this case either way.

I have a few ideas based on that email.
1. The detective says, ”My case involves a woman who is posing as our victim.” I take this to mean that he is investigating on behalf of the person who's identity was stolen.
2. The ss# that LER was using when she died was issued in Texas around 1988 so this leads me to believe that she stole and used identities of at least 3 different people...the Tx person, Oregon juvenile and the NJ person.
3. when the detective said that he had a ”partial” number, I take that to mean that they had found a document, but part of the number was illegible, or she entered it online somewhere and they could only see a portion of it.

I believe that we have no credible information on her life before she met her husband except what she told people. We have not been able to verify high schools, colleges or anything else. I wonder if she ever had a real job that would have required a background screen?
Sorry...just rambling now.

Thanks for the timeline, Magnum P.E. - it's helpful to see it outlined like that. There is one clarification I'd like to make, though. The university she supposedly graduated from is the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA).

I've poked around looking for alumni stuff and didn't find much. Someone else might have better luck, though!.

Thanks for the timeline, Magnum P.E. - it's helpful to see it outlined like that. There is one clarification I'd like to make, though. The university she supposedly graduated from is the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA).

I've poked around looking for alumni stuff and didn't find much. Someone else might have better luck, though!.

Thanks, Annemc. Yep, a timeline always helps and is one of the first things I do. Anyone know what she claimed her major was at UTA? Maybe someone knows someone who had the same major at the same time. I went to a large university, and only knew people in my major, and a few others socially. Anyone outside my major would probably not remember me, anyone in it would. It was a separate college within the university. I do doubt that anything will turn up. If someone could invent their whole existence, they could certainly invent a degree. This will be a tough nut to crack.

She may have been running away from an abusive situation (parents/boyfriend/husband). Not necessarily a criminal one.

Well, in France i wear a size 45 shoe. That sounds even MORE enormous.
Nothing here makes sense and until some more info is released we will likely get nowhere. Here is a tentative timeline for LR/LEK. Feel free to correct errors, add, or clarify.

Born between about 1959 and 1969
1988 Applies for SSN in Arizona using LEK birth certificate. She is not LEK.
1987 Lives in Texas
1997 Graduates from U of Texas
2004 Marries
2008(?) Daughter born
2010 Dies

So what could she have done by the age of 19 to 29 that was so bad that she created a new identity? If she had been incarcerated or was AWOL or had a BCD from the military, her prints would have shown up. Illegal alien? Never heard any mention of an accent. Wish she had done a local television interview. She seems to be a total cypher.
The UT records would be very interesting to see indeed, if in fact she ever went there. (I'm betting she didn't, and as she was self employed who would bother to verify her claimed education?) Anyone have access to the UT yearbook from her claimed year of graduation? And I wonder where she claimed to have graduated from HS when (if) she went to UT?
I have been married a long while, and as my wife and I have grown up in the same small town we know a lot about each others's lives and families. Multiple generations of our families have known each other. I could not imagine marrying someone without knowing who her parents were, where she grew up, etc. I'm just saying, some close to her may know more about her true background than they are saying.
I am inclined to believe that it is more embarrassing than criminal, because she never got in any trouble again.
I said it kind of jokingly, but perhaps it WAS a sex change!

Thanks. To clarify- The SS# she was using when she died was issued in Texas, not Arizona in 1988 to LER. We do not know who the real LER was/is.

The places she lived and went to school before 2004 have not been verified. We know when she got married and when she died, that's about all that is without question.

Thanks. To clarify- The SS# she was using when she died was issued in Texas, not Arizona in 1988 to LER. We do not know who the real LER was/is.

The places she lived and went to school before 2004 have not been verified. We know when she got married and when she died, that's about all that is without question.

Sorry, this should be LEK, not LER. The SS# was issued to her maiden name.

Sorry, this should be LEK, not LER. The SS# was issued to her maiden name.

OK, Corrected timeline;

Born between about 1959 and 1969
1988 Applies for SSN in Texas using LEK birth certificate. She is not LEK.
1987 Lives in Texas
1997 Graduates from U of Texas at Arlington
2004 Marries
2008(?) Daughter born
2010 Dies

So here we have a person with no evidence whatsoever of her existence before at least the age of 35, after applying for the SSN. Fleeing an abusive situation has been suggested. Yes, her nose looks like it has been broken. (Anyone remember Larry Czonka of the Dolphins? His curved a different way every year on his football card. His nose looked like LR's) If that is the case it occurred early in her life. Someone in that position would probably keep a low profile, otherwise establishing a new identity would have been pointless. Later in life LR did NOT keep a particularly low profile. She felt comfortable enough to allow her picture to be in the newspaper.

What does this all mean? Hell if I know.

I suppose that in the hiding in fear scenario she could have found out that whoever she had been afraid of was not a danger any more, being dead or in prison for life or physically incapacitated and thought it was not necessary to hide any more.

If one's lived under an assumed identity for a long time and created a life for oneself it wouldn't necessarily be easy to go back even if the reason for hiding is gone.

Thanks, Annemc. Yep, a timeline always helps and is one of the first things I do. Anyone know what she claimed her major was at UTA? Maybe someone knows someone who had the same major at the same time. I went to a large university, and only knew people in my major, and a few others socially. Anyone outside my major would probably not remember me, anyone in it would. It was a separate college within the university. I do doubt that anything will turn up. If someone could invent their whole existence, they could certainly invent a degree. This will be a tough nut to crack.

IIRC her degree was in marketing. I think it might be difficult to find someone who knew her while she was at UTA b/c of the culture there - lots of commuters, non-traditional students, etc.

Earlier on I was trying to get some kind of verification of her degree but couldn't find it (doesn't mean that it's not out there/true). She did work online in a marketing capacity but it was a small personal business (discussed earlier in the thread at length).

IIRC her degree was in marketing. I think it might be difficult to find someone who knew her while she was at UTA b/c of the culture there - lots of commuters, non-traditional students, etc.

Earlier on I was trying to get some kind of verification of her degree but couldn't find it (doesn't mean that it's not out there/true). She did work online in a marketing capacity but it was a small personal business (discussed earlier in the thread at length).

Well, how would a potential employer verify a degree at UT Arlington? There must be some way.
When I graduated (LARGE university) there was a graduation ceremony program that had everyone's name printed in it. Whether you participated in the ceremony or not your name is in there if you graduated. That document is of course public.

If we could find someone who graduated the same year, and have a look at look at theirs......and I bet the UT Arlington library has a yearbook if no one else does. Any of us live near Arlington and willing to go there?

I keep coming back to Christie Lynn Farni. If Longview Doe is not her: then I think we need to looks at people similar to Christie Lynn. Let me rehash for those who can't remember.

-born 1972 in OR. Brown hair and eyes.
-mom dies 1977
-1978 dad abusing her, she testifies against him
-Dec 1978 is placed in foster care
-Dec 1978 disappears on way to school.
-Mom's family suspected in kidnapping her
-Mom's family has ties to OR and AZ
- Dad dies in 1994

As we talked about before, perhaps family kidnapped her, got her a new identity and even after Dad died, felt like she couldn't reveal her past otherwise her family would get in trouble.

The problem I have with this is that: why not tell you husband? I think her situation would be understandable.

Anyway, I can see other kids in an abusive situation like this becoming a Doe like Longview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500