CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they could they try to fiingerprint items in her house/room? :waitasec: Take fingerprints from all over, and then eliminate those from her mom and other relatives??

There is a program in some schools called Kid Print...not sure about all schools but my grandbabies have been fingerprinted and had pic taken and parents are given the card. In case anything happens you have a current pic and fingerprints on file

aurora may have had a couple inches of snow, but aurora is about 45 minutes away from westmisnter. we had no snow on the ground in westminster last week, just a rain/ sleet combo.
the mountains really arent a significant drive from arvada/ westminster. you can be in the foothills in abt 30 minutes and high up in the rockies (the continental divide) in abt an hour

This rule was amended last night because the two threads tend to overlap often. Post #212. But don't ask me to explain exactly how it works :waitasec:

Basically I think the mods want some type of acknowledgement that the info discussed in a post, originated from a poster's "transcription" of something that was communicated on the scanner.....so it does seem like we are saying it is fact, it is only what the poster thinks that they heard.....I think.

Thanks. I deleted my post to avoid confusion -- of course I still am confused.

Are all children fingerprinted is the US? Are they on record? I live in Canada and as far as I know our children are not fingerprinted at birth. How could they use fingerprints to ID a child?

They would take prints from the body and compare them with other things in the home - toothbrush, doors, etc.

Thanks Tracy! Ok, peachy's post is on scanner thread three. She's speculating that here is home and that the rec center sighting is not accurate.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8446893&postcount=900"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Actually, some kids are fingerprinted.

"Fingerprinting your kids is one way to help protect them. Fingerprints can help identify and locate a missing child to help return them home safely."

Read more: How to Fingerprint Kids for Safety | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2087690_fingerprint-kids-safety.html#ixzz296Fm7KKL

My oldest son has fingerprinted all three of his little ones (3, 5 and 7 years old and perfect angels!) and keeps their fingerprint cards along with current photos just in case. He was told by an LE buddy of his that parents should always have current photos of their kids from the waist up. Now why "from the waist up", I don't know, that's just what he was told.

Probably just means not only the face, but not a full standing picture because then the face is too small to see well. Probably the upper body gives a better idea of what a person looks like than just the face. JMO

All 5 of my kids have been fingerprinted, they do it here for all the Kindergartners during a Safety City trip, it's done by the local PD (they also take pics and stuff too) and I've kept those little cards in their baby boxes so i have them if i ever need them *shudder*

No way possible to get totally caught up. Reading the last couple of pages this morning looks like there is not much new? Still no ID of the body, correct? Any pressers scheduled today?

I understand we were told we could discuss the transmission from the scanner thread as long as we either link to it or paraphrase and note where the info came from.
The biggest thing bugging me at the moment is re: the rewind on the scanner thread re: Jessica calling her friend J's house to confirm they were going to walk to school. The Dad saying when she didn't show up by 8:40 (she left home at 8:25) he drove his son to school. If their arrangement was to meet at the park, that does not make sense. The park is also out of the way for her friend J. And if they were actually going to meet at the greenbelt/field North of the school rather than the park - she would be walking the majority of the way to school alone. Also the confusion with J getting the days mixed up - thinking he walked with her on Fri. A girl claiming to have seen Jessica at school. And a teacher or teacher aid thinking she saw Jessica at school. Things are not meshing.

Rewind on scanner thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Are all children fingerprinted is the US? Are they on record? I live in Canada and as far as I know our children are not fingerprinted at birth. How could they use fingerprints to ID a child?

there is no requirement...but local PDs and even the Shriners often have kits for you to take your kid's prints. I believe it is a very very wise thing for all parents to do...

unless the tips were burned off, prints still could be pulled from the fingers....

if the parents did not have official prints taken as described above, there are probably plenty of things in her room that have her prints on them :)

I just realized I need to fully read the entire thread before responding. I seem to be coming in very late answering questions that have already been answered....

:/ *shrug* lol

I just realized I need to fully read the entire thread before responding. I seem to be coming in very late answering questions that have already been answered....

:/ *shrug* lol

That's happened to me quite a bit, too. :)

right. the unicorn was found, but not at the rec ctr. they either have a sighting and/or items belonging to J found at the rec ctr, the pillow pet found elsewhere and they believe she went to the rec ctr, then back to where ever the pillow pet was found, which does not sound like it was the park.

there was a longer window with more places visited for her to be abducted that morning. park, rec ctr, path through open space from rec ctr to school, and school grounds.

Again paraphrasing. She must have come back here. Is here the abduction location? The scene where Pillow pet was?

Ok, never mind on the fingerprints, I see lots already said the same thing....

As for the pillowpet, was Jessica planning to stay overnight with a friend that night? Could explain other clothes?

I'm confused though, were in fact clothes and glasses found in the backpack? Has this been confirmed? That would explain also why the police, about the next day, put out pictures of her without her glasses. Someone please fill me in. Can't read the threads fast enough!

We fingerprint our kids. Last year the school sent home DNA mouth swab kits. Do it at home and seal it up and use if needed. The place that takes their school photo also sent us an ID card that had her picture, date when pic was taken and left space for you to write in DOB,weight, height and any identifying marks. We have always kept up to date with all that stuff since they were born. I guess hearing about kids going missing has made me a nut about that stuff but I know how my brain would work. I would get simple things confused.

I agree, Marilynilpa.. The media management displayed by the Westminister PD/PIO has been virtually unprecedented in prior missing/murdered person's investigations. The professionalism and proactive approach by WPD and all agencies involved has been very impressive.

I fully understand that some info can't be released to the American public due to case integrity. However, all information that is not vital to protecting the integrity should be released, imo. Otherwise, a very valuable resource in missing/murdered persons investigations is being squandered.

Many times hold back info/evidence by investigators is detrimental to a successful conclusion, due to jurisdictional linkage blindness, and other critical issues. You can't connect the dots, if you don't collect the dots...

'Silence & misinformation by investigators via ms media is the predators most lethal weapon'..

Respectfully BBM
And with all due respect, how is LE supposed to know what information is vital to protecting the integrity and what is not? Upon first glance, some things may not seem important. But until they have all the other vital pieces, they won't know.

I think he was messing with police as far as the clothes, backpack. Throwing it in this neighborhood put police in a different direction so he could dispose of body and give him some time. I also think he was toying with police and enjoying the attention.
A 10 yr old body is obviously not as big as an adult one, and Jessica was being searched for, so it makes sense that this could be and probably is Jessica.
I agree logic has nothing to do with this when you are dealing with this kind of person/monster. This criminal obviously has a different way of thinking than most people.

Maybe this freak likes fear. The location of the backpack may have been his way of letting the people of that neighborhood know that he could walk amongst them undetected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member