CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the finger prints would be used to ID them.
I guess maybe fingerprints could be used to help find them. A siting at a location maybe child touched something and the police could ID the prints to say if it was the child or not. Prints would also be useful linking the victim to the perp.

We've had a couple of instances in NE where fingerprints helped resolve a child custody issue. I don't remember details.

If a 10 year old was supposed to meet me and my child somewhere and did not show up I'd be very worried and make sure I knew she was okay. I would go to the school and make sure she had made it there or I'd go to her home or call to make sure she was okay. an older child I may not but a 10 yr old who I knew was walking alone, absolutely. I wonder if he atleast asked his child after school...."oh hey did Jessica ever show up at school today?". It's strange to me.

Yes this is strange to me too. I would be frantic for the child. Any child I pick up for another parent and at one time I waited with children for the bus and I knew all of the children that were supposed to be there and I had parents cell numbers and a number for the school. If a child did not arrive for any reason I called the parents number and then the school. Luckily the children's parents except for once or twice called me to let me know if child not riding the bus. For me I was able to always account for every child but if I could not I would call the police right away. Call me over reactive but I would be. All my own opinion of course. I am not trying to judge just thinking out loud.

With my eyes the way they are, I seem to need a break before I get completely caught up on here, and get pages behind again by the time I come back. Because of that, I've been skimming through many posts instead of reading each one word for word like I usually do. Please forgive me if this has already been suggested by someone else (my ideas are usually so off-the-wall that most seem to be unique though!)

It seems obvious (to me) that the perp wasn't too concerned about hiding the identity of the body, or he would probably have also hidden the backpack somewhere. I was wondering last night if there could be another "practical" reason for dismembering a body, and I did think of one today. It's possible that the person isn't physically capable of carrying 60+ pounds; it could be because he/she is small, has a bad back, some other health problem that restricts lifting (heart, lungs, etc.) or maybe an injury that requires crutches or a cane, which would make it somewhat necessary to use just one hand for carrying.

I have no idea who the neighbors are, and there are probably none that fit, but I was thinking that someone could have asked her for help carrying something into the house, and offering her and her friend a ride to school if it took too long. That could get her inside without having to carry her, but then getting her back out would be a problem - it would have been too obvious to be seen dragging her out, even if she was wrapped in something.

MOO

Jessica's mom did talk quite a bit about how helpful Jessica was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500