CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's where I am: http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

Looks to me like they may be at the airport? It's been on now for about 15 minutes or so, lots of talking in the background about "shots", but I can't hear anything else. Probably a totally unrelated story about the airport.

Yea, that;s the airport. They do a live feed there and also places like the Eisenhower tunnel. Gives weekend commuters an idea of what their travels should look like

552393_401036829968303_617539627_n.jpg

Her Mom must have just gotten her school pictures from this year back. :(

It looks like Mom (or someone) took great care with Jessica's hair for her school picture, it looks so pretty.

How heartbreaking it must be for her Mom to look at these pictures right now. All of her hopes and dreams for her daughter have been shattered (assuming the body is Jessica's). The emptiness must seem endless.

Yea, that;s the airport. They do a live feed there and also places like the Eisenhower tunnel. Gives weekend commuters an idea of what their travels should look like

Thanks for the input. Now I don't need to try so hard to hear what they are saying!!

It looks like Mom (or someone) took great care with Jessica's hair for her school picture, it looks so pretty.

How heartbreaking it must be for her Mom to look at these pictures right now. All of her hopes and dreams for her daughter have been shattered (assuming the body is Jessica's). The emptiness must seem endless.

It's not just that she is a beautiful LOOKING little girl--she seems to radiate happiness and self-confidence.

Hey guys, there is so much to review since last night, anything new this morning?

Also, this is interesting. My husband works with a man who lives on Jessica's street. He said that last night the neighbors were all swabbed for DNA. Makes me wonder if they're looking for a match? Maybe transfer from the backpack?

That's VERY interesting! (And fits with my theory of the moment...)

Now, let's see if anyone DECLINES being swabbed. That's how they caught Jason Williford in a NC rape/murder. He was one of 3 guys from the neighborhood who refused to be swabbed.

The new pic is breaking my heart. What a sweetheart :(

I usually don't pick on word usage, but -- I think you mean she was recounting the morning's events (retelling the story).

Recanting means that you retract things you formerly said were true -- so it implies the mom has changed her story. And I totally don't think that's what you meant.

Yes, thank you. I do know the difference, of course. I'm a teacher :floorlaugh: Unfortunately, I was just typing fast and not reading along as I was. Thanks for clarifying.

Good catch on the time issue! I hadn't thought of that.
It sparked my attention that the Dad also said the morngin call was from an unkown voicemail (the # was later established to be JR's mom's cell) but the word voicemail makes me wonder if she never actually talked to the friend's dad and the call went to voicemail. Maybe she never received confirmation they would be there. Did she just go on to the park on the assumption that they would be there? Did she wait for a little while in the cold and then continue the walk to school or did she really never make it to the park? Do we have any other MSM confimation (like direct quote) that the Dad ever went to the park or did friend's Dad drive him to school and go on about his day?

To my knowledge, there has been no official confirmation about this. If anyone has seen any confirmation, I hope they will post a link here so I can read about it, because it's all just a little bit confusing to me.

ETA: All I know about this is what I've read "downstairs" on the scanner thread.

It's not just that she is a beautiful LOOKING little girl--she seems to radiate happiness and self-confidence.

And she seems to exude the happy innocence of childhood. Her smile just lights up her whole face.

I'm going to go change into something purple for Jessica.

maybe that's why 2 times in the morning are listed?
mom's cell goes to friend's father's vm at 7:30. he calls her back at 7:40 or she calls again at 7:40 from landline?

It sparked my attention that the Dad also said the morngin call was from an unkown voicemail (the # was later established to be JR's mom's cell) but the word voicemail makes me wonder if she never actually talked to the friend's dad and the call went to voicemail. Maybe she never received confirmation they would be there. Did she just go on to the park on the assumption that they would be there? Did she wait for a little while in the cold and then continue the walk to school or did she really never make it to the park? Do we have any other MSM confimation (like direct quote) that the Dad ever went to the park or did friend's Dad drive him to school and go on about his day?

Good point about the voice mail. So Mom has said she gets home at 7:30 am, right? We have seen both 7:30 and 7:40 as the time the call was made from Mom's cell phone to J's house. Jessica's alarm set for 7:45. So either Mom called and left a message at J's house or Jessica got up before her alarm went off and did. Maybe that is how J & his Dad got mixed up and were expecting JR to show up at his house and when she wasn't there by 8:40, J's Dad drove him. When I google map from J's house to school - it takes them around the opposite way Jessica would walk. So it is possible J's Dad never even went that direction where he could have possibly seen her.

New picture is breaking my heart, oh my god.

I hope they catch this monster soon.

I'm behind this morning, but I disagree w/Mr. Van Zandt. I know he is the experienced profiler, but we saw this in Zahara's case and I don't think Baker had killed before. Also, LE says based on statistics they are looking for a man, and I think that is short sighted because of the Sandra Cantu and Victoria Stafford cases. Unless they know more than we do, I don't think we should be ruling out any class/gender. My thought is this could very well be a first time offender that thinks he/she is smarter than the rest of the world given the way the perp has spread the remains around.

Lots of prayers go out to Jessica and her family.

Salem

Salem, I'm glad you brought this up. While all along I have believed the perp is a male, basement dweller with no ambition....last night I DID find a female SO who used to live in Superior. Her initials are JM. She was arrested for something pretty nasty. I can't however find a whole lot of info on her and was going to ask one of the more experienced sleuthers for help :). I thought it was interesting that she lived in Superior at one time. Her arrest was 2010. We've seen in the past male/female offenders (Jaycee). Just throwing that out there....

That new pic is terribly sad she has that look when they are between a little kid and teen ager, it makes her look a bit older I bet she would love to see them *wahhhh*

Her new school pic is adorable. Isn't that the same cute outfit she had in the one pic of her by the front door with her backpack? Probably her "first day of school" outfit? I know that is VERY important to little girls. :anguish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500