CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think religion has anything to do with the cross. We might be putting too much emphasis on the cross representing Christian faith rather than a fashionable item or gang related, imo. Or he/she could have left it there to throw off LE and the public.

IMO, the perp is not a priest.

I checked with 3 Spanish woodcarver artisans here in Santa Fe (area). SF is about 6 1/2 hours from Westminster, Co.

Their opinion (not mine)
hand made
off set is not unique
looked like it had been in water
electric saw used to cut top, bottom and sides (chipped where saw cut)
hole drilled with an electric drill
hole in the wrong place for a necklace - would tip forward
hole too new looking to have been worn with leather/chain
"thought" it might have been used as a pocket cross
thickness threw them off for a necklace too - way too thick
3 lines - they had no clue - too crudely made
zig zag on back - best guess (since I told them it "could" be connected to a murder) was it's the old symbol for fear. Just a guess though since too crudely made.

Left Westminster LE email and phone # with them and asked them to check around with others.

I thought it looked mission style - Spanish.

Vampire movies/video games are the "in" thing these days.

This is a vampire cross

vamp090601.jpg

Sorry I can't state posters by name or post #, but this evening on this thread:

-- Someone brought to our attention the description of the suspect in the Ketner Lake abduction attempts.

-- Someone else gave a link to an RSO living near Jessica, and

-- I think the RSO living near Jessica could easily fit the description of the suspect in the Ketner Lake attempts: light-skinned (Hispanic), short, muscular, etc. MOO, of course.

Anyone agree? TIA.

Totally could be bought at a fair, etc. It is just that many who do craft fairs also list on Etsy.

Look up Mexican cocobolo wood crosses. I found some that are close to the same size, various 'primitive' shapes, not smoothed or rounded, and the wood looks very like the wood on the cross on the Westminster PD Facebook site.

video here:
says it is very big deal that LE are showing an actual piece of evidence before it is sent to the prosecutor's office
says there is some kind of common link btwn Jessica and the may case
says the cross is somehow shared between the two incidents
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it

....I also hope they are going door to door, etc showing this picture. Remember the fellow that found the backpack and hadn't heard of the case? Believe or not there could still be people out there that do not watch the news that may not hear this information.

I don't think religion has anything to do with the cross. We might be putting too much emphasis on the cross representing Christian faith rather than a fashionable item or gang related, imo. Or he/she could have left it there to throw off LE and the public.

Right. LE is trying to connect the two cases through the cross. It could be the first victim lost a cross and this cross was with Jessica.

Still, crosses are a Christian symbol, be it positive or negative.

I didn't know Jessica's family was Catholic. But I didn't watch the memorial.

you know, I remembered reading she was Catholic, but my memory is not great, so I could very well be wrong. regardless (although I shouldn't have stated something I don't know to be fact) her family has strong faith, and she did attend a church.
so, there are people related to religion who have been in contact with her.
anyway...

I agree completely. People who are very religious, only kinda religious, or not religious at all wear crosses or things with crosses on them.

I too had the same thought........a religious older man would probably wear a gold cross on a gold chain...

These type of crosses are popular with younger hippier, bohemian types and worn with a black leather flat string.....I actually have a wooden cross like this that had one of the flat leather shoelace ties. They are probably more popular with girls, so maybe he took it from a girlfriends, sisters collection or similar.

<snipped>
My first thought was that LE should be checking places which cater to hippier bohemian types - there are head shops and hippie-ish jewelry stores all over Boulder and Denver. I wouldn't be surprised if the cross came from one of those. Most of those places sell handmade jewelry, I knew a few people who made jewelry and sold it to those type of shops when I lived in Denver/Boulder.

I agree completely. People who are very religious, only kinda religious, or not religious at all wear crosses or things with crosses on them.

Crosses were originally ancient weapons.

Pastor Rick Long of Grace Church of Arvada was the pastor who spoke several times at Jessica's memorial. I googled his church and did not find it affiliated with any particular demonination. I may of course have missed something. Do any locals know?

In re-examining this photo, I'm now asking myself the following:

When was this photo taken?
If it was taken just as the crime scene was found, and investigation began, they wouldn't have had the firetruck there yet - so the markers could still be from the WM truck. I don't think they required the firetruck til later as it was there for light. I'm thinking its early on as the tarp that showed up in later photos over the culvert isn't pictured here yet.

either that, or this was when the crime scene was wrapping up? Can we get a date on this photo somehow?

That might solve the issue of whether the orange marks are for the WM truck's original position, or the firetruck? :D

As far as we know, this was taken the morning after, when everything had already been cleaned up. Maybe somebody else can confirm that.

Someone on the WPD facebook page said it looks like a
"Tau Cross Rosary Ring"

Here is a picture of what it looks like:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SAZWP2/ref=asc_df_B008SAZWP22229777?smid=A2E9N5PJ32E7VS&tag=shopzilla_mp_1320-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B008SAZWP2"]Amazon.com: PLC Mens Womens 2 1/4" Brown Wood Bead Tau Cross Cord Finger Rosary Ring: Jewelry@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3128L73x1EL.@@AMEPARAM@@3128L73x1EL[/ame]

(Hope it's ok to show this link?)

Right. LE is trying to connect the two cases through the cross. It could be the first victim lost a cross and this cross was with Jessica.

Still, crosses are a Christian symbol, be it positive or negative.

If it belonged to a victim of an attempted abduction, LE would *know* that. They would then *know* the item connected the two cases together and wouldn't be asking for help and releasing photos of it. Respectfully, your statement seems implausible considering the press release and photos seeking help. KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member