How did the McCanns dispose of the body - how did they do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clutchbag, that is exactly the video I was referring to.

Tink

Clutchbag, that is exactly the video I was referring to.

Tink

Shocking isnt it <modsnip>, isnt a parent allowed to laugh? Well NO not really, why would any parent whose child has been snatched by a stranger and be in god knows what situation have anything to joke and laugh about SO SOON, days,not months or years

Exactly. And it is clear in that video - he is the one telling the story and laughing, it's not a reluctant response to a friend trying to cheer him up. A grieving parent's mind is consumed by their sad feelings, especially so soon after the loss, and even more so if the child has been abducted and is possibly suffering at that very moment. How could you be entertaining your friends with funny, sarcastic stories when your child has been taken presumably for sexual purposes and might be being tortured at that same moment? Really?

There is another video out there showing the McCanns being interviewed on TV, looking sad and worried. The second the show ends (but the cameras are still running, so the video continues), they are laughing and cheerful.

So people can argue that there is no evidence that the McCanns were involved, but for me these videos are evidence of something unusual in their behaviours, and that makes me suspicious.

Tink

Fits right in with Gerry planning her anniversary celebrations, mere weeks after she went missing.

He wanted to hold a massive concert with a bunch of famous people on the year's anniversary of her disappearance. (Another promise that didn't happen).

she had only been gone a matter of weeks at this stage.

:sick:

Fits right in with Gerry planning her anniversary celebrations, mere weeks after she went missing.

He wanted to hold a massive concert with a bunch of famous people on the year's anniversary of her disappearance. (Another promise that didn't happen).

she had only been gone a matter of weeks at this stage.

BBM

This was completely taken out of context.
Families of missing children are told to plan for the long term and are given advise on how to keep their child in the spotlight. If you'd actually read any of what Gerry McCann said on his blog etc at the time you would see he was constantly saying 'if Madeleine is not found'.

US department of justice info for families of missing children

"After a week or so, however, if your child has not been found, you may run into the opposite problem. If media interest dies down, you will have to work to keep the story going. Here are some things you can do to keep your child's story in the public eye".

"Devise "media hooks" to keep your child's story in front of the public. Schedule a press conference on an important day"

"Remember, you don't know how long you will have to search for your child, so you need to plan for the long term"

http://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/childismissing/ch3.html#ch3-2

Back on topic....

I don't believe the McCanns had the times or means to dispose of Madeleine's body. They were in a foreign country which they hadn't visited before and had no transport at the time. I don't buy that there just happened to be a fridge available that they could store her body in, unnoticed. I don't buy that they happened to have an unknown friend with transport that happened to agree to help them dispose of her body. I don't believe that Madeleine's body was ever in the car and if we are to believe that Eddie doesn't make mistakes why did he not hit anywhere in the car except the inside of the door? I don't believe that at any point they walked the streets, unnoticed, and disposed of Madeleine.

I also think if they'd killed Madeleine her body would have been found long before now.

if you look at the detail of the searching by the PJ in the immediate days the argument that the mccanns managed to quickly hide the body and then retreive it a few days/weeks later seems even less likely and almost impossible - they had no car limited knowledge of their immediate surroundings

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

Therefore, this inquiry which demonstrates the pertinent commitment of the Polícia Judiciária (PJ) in the resolution of the disappearance of minor Madeleine McCann, demanded from it the performance or coordination of several diligences as described in the various files, namely: the preservation of the location of the fact (although it had already been rummaged by numerous people as we will discuss ahead); several collections and examinations on the existence of eventual traces; a circumstantiated photographic report; the installation, in the first 24 hours of an extensive operational scheme, including the participation of several police and civil protection forces, in a total of over 130 elements; the reinforcement, in the next 24 hours of said operational scheme, with the mobilisation of over 300 members of police forces and public entities; the installation of control posts on roads and on the Southern terrestrial border with Spain; the use of sniffer dog teams; the use of exceptional search and rescue teams (aerial, terrestrial and maritime), alerts and diffusion all over the country and abroad. As a mere example, during the following weeks and on a permanent basis, two helicopters, four vessels and several all-road vehicles, apart from private airplanes and boats, were employed; in the same manner, the investigation operations were coordinated with the specific search operations, with hundreds of diligences performed, like the identification and the formal and informal hearing of citizens, door-to-door searches, in the impressive number of 443, at the residences and tourist resorts of Vila da Luz and its surroundings, the identification and search of vehicles, and searches on the terrain, in an area that started out covering 15 Km2, and progressively grew to 30Km2 (where special attention was paid to locations like wells, passages, tunnels, reservoirs and lakes).

During the following days, more than 700 persons who might possess some relevant information about the disappearance were formally and informally questioned, with the PJ using more than 100 officers from several departments of Portimao, Faro and Lisbon, who worked on a consecutive base of 24 hours per day to accomplish the task.

All the locations where there could be images that might be related to the case (like, for example, restaurants and petrol stations) were equally consulted, and the telephone lines of the permanent services of the Portimao and Faro departments were made available. A mobile police post was installed in Vila da Luz to collect information.

Shocking isnt it <modsnip>, isnt a parent allowed to laugh? Well NO not really, why would any parent whose child has been snatched by a stranger and be in god knows what situation have anything to joke and laugh about SO SOON, days,not months or years

Maybe he was nervous and out of his element? I laugh all the time in the most unusual circumstances - not from humor - but because if I don't laugh, I'm likely to fall apart.

Yes, it seems odd and it gets odder when combined with all the other odd things -- but I don't see it as "defining" because of my own quirky habit.

Salem

BBM

This was completely taken out of context.
Families of missing children are told to plan for the long term and are given advise on how to keep their child in the spotlight. If you'd actually read any of what Gerry McCann said on his blog etc at the time you would see he was constantly saying 'if Madeleine is not found'.

US department of justice info for families of missing children

"After a week or so, however, if your child has not been found, you may run into the opposite problem. If media interest dies down, you will have to work to keep the story going. Here are some things you can do to keep your child's story in the public eye".

"Devise "media hooks" to keep your child's story in front of the public. Schedule a press conference on an important day"

"Remember, you don't know how long you will have to search for your child, so you need to plan for the long term"

http://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/childismissing/ch3.html#ch3-2

Then how can it be justified that Gerry ignored LE advice which was to NOT publicise Madeleine's colomboma?

LE believed that would cause her death, if indeed she was abducted and still alive.

Gerry ignored this advice, thereby risking his daughter's life. He knew it at the time, and disregarded it. He was more concerned with running his campaign (some would say, making money).

Using the excuse that he was only doing as he was advised is totally false. He did the opposite. He ignored advice, and put Madeleine in harm's way (of course his cavalier attitude is explained once you realise he knew Madeleine was not in the hands of an abductor at all).

The McCanns ignored police advice not to publicise Madeleine’s distinctive mark in her right eye, a ‘coloboma’. They said that if she was with an abductor, it could place her life in danger.

On 15 July 2009, Gerry McCann said: “We thought it was possible that publicising her coloboma could harm Madeleine. Her abductor might do something to her eye. But in marketing terms it was a good ploy”.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/index.html

A grieving father does not think of his daughter in "marketing terms". In my opinion only.

:cow:

Then how can it be justified that Gerry ignored LE advice which was to NOT publicise Madeleine's colomboma?

LE believed that would cause her death, if indeed she was abducted and still alive.

Gerry ignored this advice, thereby risking his daughter's life. He knew it at the time, and disregarded it. He was more concerned with running his campaign (some would say, making money).

Using the excuse that he was only doing as he was advised is totally false. He did the opposite. He ignored advice, and put Madeleine in harm's way (of course his cavalier attitude is explained once you realise he knew Madeleine was not in the hands of an abductor at all).

The McCanns ignored police advice not to publicise Madeleine’s distinctive mark in her right eye, a ‘coloboma’. They said that if she was with an abductor, it could place her life in danger.

On 15 July 2009, Gerry McCann said: “We thought it was possible that publicising her coloboma could harm Madeleine. Her abductor might do something to her eye. But in marketing terms it was a good ploy”.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/index.html

A grieving father does not think of his daughter in "marketing terms". In my opinion only.

When you provide a link it would help if it took us straight to what you are saying because I could not find the information on the page.

Where is the evidence that the police advised the McCanns against publicising Madeleine's coloboma?

They published this information themselves on the 5th may for their press report! (I'm searching for the link)

The July 15th 2009 date as far as i'm aware is incorrect it actually came from an issue of vanity fair magazine on January 10th 2008. And was as usual taken out of context.

Here is what was actually said

Although initially reluctant, the McCanns finally informed the media of Madeleine’s unique right eye—a risky revelation. Whoever had taken the child now held a universally recognizable little girl.

"Gerry understood that. But, he says, the iris “is Madeleine’s only true distinctive feature. Certainly we thought it was possible that this could potentially hurt her or”—he grimaces—“her abductor might do something to her eye.… But in terms of marketing, it was a good ploy."

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802?currentPage=5

Again from the department of justice about what to do when your child is missing

"The more people who know that your child is in danger and what your child looks like, the better the chances are that someone will recognize your child and report his or her whereabouts. —Claudine Ryce"

"Consider using publicity gimmicks to etch your child’s face in the public’s memory. Have your child’s picture printed on buttons, T-shirts, bumper stickers, stamps, and baseball-type cards"

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/fam_surv.pdf
P58

They would certainly have had people who know about this stuff advising them on what to do.

Maybe he was nervous and out of his element? I laugh all the time in the most unusual circumstances - not from humor - but because if I don't laugh, I'm likely to fall apart.

Yes, it seems odd and it gets odder when combined with all the other odd things -- but I don't see it as "defining" because of my own quirky habit.

Salem

yes maybe though ive never come across a parent of a missing child laughing cos they were nervous or out of their element, we are not talking laughing at funerals of elderly relatives here, never mind

When you provide a link it would help if it took us straight to what you are saying because I could not find the information on the page.

Where is the evidence that the police advised the McCanns against publicising Madeleine's coloboma?

They published this information themselves on the 5th may for their press report! (I'm searching for the link)

The July 15th 2009 date as far as i'm aware is incorrect it actually came from an issue of vanity fair magazine on January 10th 2008. And was as usual taken out of context.

Here is what was actually said

Although initially reluctant, the McCanns finally informed the media of Madeleine&#8217;s unique right eye&#8212;a risky revelation. Whoever had taken the child now held a universally recognizable little girl.

"Gerry understood that. But, he says, the iris &#8220;is Madeleine&#8217;s only true distinctive feature. Certainly we thought it was possible that this could potentially hurt her or&#8221;&#8212;he grimaces&#8212;&#8220;her abductor might do something to her eye.&#8230; But in terms of marketing, it was a good ploy."

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802?currentPage=5

Again from the department of justice about what to do when your child is missing

"The more people who know that your child is in danger and what your child looks like, the better the chances are that someone will recognize your child and report his or her whereabouts. &#8212;Claudine Ryce"

"Consider using publicity gimmicks to etch your child&#8217;s face in the public&#8217;s memory. Have your child&#8217;s picture printed on buttons, T-shirts, bumper stickers, stamps, and baseball-type cards"

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/fam_surv.pdf
P58

They would certainly have had people who know about this stuff advising them on what to do.

Lol thanks for posting it for me!

I'm of the opinion that the best chance they had of recovering their daughter was probably to cooperate with the police investigation in the first place, but that's just me.

Kate's idea of "co-operation" is as follows -

When asked for the reason why the curtain behind the sofa under the side window, whose photograph was shown to her, is ruffled, she did not reply. She did not reply to the question if someone passed behind that sofa.
When asked for how long she searched inside the apartment after detecting the disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, she did not reply.
When asked why she said right away that Madeleine was abducted, she did not reply.
Presuming that Madeleine had been abducted, why she left the twins alone at home to go to the Tapas to raise the alarm, even because the supposed abductor might still be inside the apartment, she did not reply. Why she did not ask the twins right away what had happened to their sister, or why she did not asked them later on, she did not reply.When questioned about having raised the alarm at the Tapas, what exactly she said, which words she used, she did not reply.
When asked about what happened after she raised the alarm at the Tapas, she did not reply. When asked whether she had a mobile phone with her at that moment, she did not reply. When asked why she went to alert her friends instead of shouting from the balcony, she did not reply.

From her Arguido interview with the PJ on 7 Sept 2007...plenty more of her tight lipped rubbish at the link.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html#sta6

:banghead:

Lol thanks for posting it for me!

I'm of the opinion that the best chance they had of recovering their daughter was probably to cooperate with the police investigation in the first place, but that's just me.

Kate's idea of "co-operation" is as follows -

When asked for the reason why the curtain behind the sofa under the side window, whose photograph was shown to her, is ruffled, she did not reply. She did not reply to the question if someone passed behind that sofa.
When asked for how long she searched inside the apartment after detecting the disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, she did not reply.
When asked why she said right away that Madeleine was abducted, she did not reply.
Presuming that Madeleine had been abducted, why she left the twins alone at home to go to the Tapas to raise the alarm, even because the supposed abductor might still be inside the apartment, she did not reply. Why she did not ask the twins right away what had happened to their sister, or why she did not asked them later on, she did not reply.When questioned about having raised the alarm at the Tapas, what exactly she said, which words she used, she did not reply.
When asked about what happened after she raised the alarm at the Tapas, she did not reply. When asked whether she had a mobile phone with her at that moment, she did not reply. When asked why she went to alert her friends instead of shouting from the balcony, she did not reply.

From her Arguido interview with the PJ on 7 Sept 2007...plenty more of her tight lipped rubbish at the link.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html#sta6

:banghead:

I'm not going over Kate's interview again.

You still haven't said where you got your information regarding them ignoring LE's advice regarding the coloboma?

I'm not going over Kate's interview again.

You still haven't said where you got your information regarding them ignoring LE's advice regarding the coloboma?

They were told by the PJ NOT to publicise this but gerrythought it was a good marketing ploy remember? gerrymccanns OWN words

Although initially reluctant, the McCanns finally informed the media of Madeleine&#8217;s unique right eye&#8212;a risky revelation. Whoever had taken the child now held a universally recognizable little girl.

Gerry understood that. But, he says, the iris &#8220;is Madeleine&#8217;s only true distinctive feature. Certainly we thought it was possible that this could potentially hurt her or&#8221;&#8212;he grimaces&#8212;&#8220;her abductor might do something to her eye.&#8230; But in terms of marketing, it was a good ploy.&#8221;

vanity fair interview

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id63.html

They were told by the PJ NOT to publicise this but gerrythought it was a good marketing ploy remember? gerrymccanns OWN words

Although initially reluctant, the McCanns finally informed the media of Madeleine’s unique right eye—a risky revelation. Whoever had taken the child now held a universally recognizable little girl.

Gerry understood that. But, he says, the iris “is Madeleine’s only true distinctive feature. Certainly we thought it was possible that this could potentially hurt her or”—he grimaces—“her abductor might do something to her eye.… But in terms of marketing, it was a good ploy.”

vanity fair interview

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id63.html

I already quoted these exact words, from this exact article a couple of posts ago. Where exactly does it say that the PJ told them not to publicise this? I've seen the press report that the PJ gave the police on the 5th May in which they say she has a brown mark on her pupil. I need to find that link.
I have seen no link to evidence that says the PJ told them not to publicise her colomba.

[/B]
I already quoted these exact words, from this exact article a couple of posts ago. Where exactly does it say that the PJ told them not to publicise this? I've seen the press report that the PJ gave the police on the 5th May in which they say she has a brown mark on her pupil. I need to find that link.
I have seen no link to evidence that says the PJ told them not to publicise her colomba.

Here's what Kate and Gerry said on TV -

G. You know a few people have said to us you know too much publicity might not be good because somebody, whoever's got her might keep her hidden and obviously everything that we're doing at the minute has a slight risk to it which is a horrible situation to be in when you're dealing with your daughter but overall, we felt rather than sit back and not do anything that this was the way to go.

G. We've done a lot of things on our own and clearly there's mixed signals from what could be done in terms of the North American experience

K. Certainly what Gerry learned from NcMA in Washington was that by having her image out there was definitely the right thing to do. In one in six children that are recovered, it's because somebody's recognised and the laws in the States are very different from here and again they're well ahead of the game. They've got their Amber Alert so you know within two hours of the child getting taken, a police report has to be filed and obviously, the response time in Europe has to be quicker. It has to be quicker.

If is quite clear from their statements that it is the cautious non-American approach they are rejecting.

The cautious non-American Policing approach, to be precise.

http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/39078141/Rebuttal of "Fact" 35

It is normal to release images of a missing person, espeically a child. It tends to help with recognition. In the April Jones case her image was released via several photos straight away as was the description of the car believed used to abduct her (and more have since been released by her family), and details of a medical condition she suffered from were released too. Also in this case a relatively new, Uk version of an amber alert was sent out. The mccanns have been instrumental in helping set up an EU wide missing child alert system too.

[/B]

Here's what Kate and Gerry said on TV -

G. You know a few people have said to us you know too much publicity might not be good because somebody, whoever's got her might keep her hidden and obviously everything that we're doing at the minute has a slight risk to it which is a horrible situation to be in when you're dealing with your daughter but overall, we felt rather than sit back and not do anything that this was the way to go.

G. We've done a lot of things on our own and clearly there's mixed signals from what could be done in terms of the North American experience

K. Certainly what Gerry learned from NcMA in Washington was that by having her image out there was definitely the right thing to do. In one in six children that are recovered, it's because somebody's recognised and the laws in the States are very different from here and again they're well ahead of the game. They've got their Amber Alert so you know within two hours of the child getting taken, a police report has to be filed and obviously, the response time in Europe has to be quicker. It has to be quicker.

If is quite clear from their statements that it is the cautious non-American approach they are rejecting.

The cautious non-American Policing approach, to be precise.

http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/39078141/Rebuttal of "Fact" 35

What cautious non-American policing approach? There is no such thing.

Nowhere does it say that the police told them not to release that detail.

That link also shows the document where police identified the 'brown mark on her pupil' on the 5th May in their initial press report.

Well, I think it would have been rather hard for anyone to look for Madeleine without seeing her picture but gotta admit that it sounds a little bad when Gerry balances the danger that his child might be hurt or the abductor would poke her eye out against marketing ploy and marketing ploy wins. The wording could have been better.

But I have always thought that the missing person reports that have no photo attached are pretty pointless. You know, the police are looking for a white male, in his thirties, average height, average weight, brown hair, wearing jeans and a dark coat. On a busy street you can pass fifty people fitting that description in a matter of minutes.

Well, I think it would have been rather hard for anyone to look for Madeleine without seeing her picture but gotta admit that it sounds a little bad when Gerry balances the danger that his child might be hurt or the abductor would poke her eye out against marketing ploy and marketing ploy wins. The wording could have been better.

But I have always thought that the missing person reports that have no photo attached are pretty pointless. You know, the police are looking for a white male, in his thirties, average height, average weight, brown hair, wearing jeans and a dark coat. On a busy street you can pass fifty people fitting that description in a matter of minutes.

Would cosmetic contact lenses cover a coloboma? If so I think this would be more likely than poking eyes out.

If they didn't let it be known that she has a coloboma then I guess they would photoshop her pictures, otherwise all photo's would have to be at a distance. Someone somewhere would have found this out eventually. It would have been front page in the sun and the McCanns would probably have been accused of not wanting to find Madeleine because they left such an important detail out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member