CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking logically here, but if I was going to get my estranged son for a court appointed visit, and I intended on harming him in some way, I would at least wait until further in the visit, not on the way home from picking him up. That said, people who are logical thinkers don't usually harm someone anyway, right? Also logical would be that if I had "taken care" of the issue, there would be no reason for me to visit my divorce lawyer, right?

A young boy who was up until 3-4am who is a frequent texter ABSOLUTELY would be using his phone to text, FB, and communicate of some sort. Otherwise, what would keep him up that late? Just TV? Video games?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I agree, but I was just saying it to get some people to consider other options. He needed legal advice, on the first day his son was back....something to consider.

You make a good point. Was this a planned appointment or something out of the blue? After all, divorce was in 2007, long over.

Oops. I guess I'm confused again....didn't the police spokesman say exactly the same thing this evening as Dylan's mother did -- that Dylan's cell phone showed no activity after 8 p.m.?

I just rewatched it and he said no activity after "sometime" Sunday night. He didn't specifically say 8 pm but he did say Sunday.

The investigator and the Mom agree. Dan Bender is working the case and was on NG tonight. Nancy did not just quote him, she asked him about it and he stated on air that the phone has had no activity since 8pm Sunday.

IMO, this is even more reliable than a quote from anyone in a written article since the reporter could possibly make a mistake. Dan Bender spoke on air, his own words in his own voice.

I don't ever go to the NG webpage, but if you want to check I'm sure there will be a transcript soon.

Thank you. I thought I was losing my mind (not altogether impossible).

Nurse, Salem, somebody... Can info from Kevin Torres Facebook or Twitter go on timeline with link?

What about scanner thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Torres Facebook is fine, I don't think the scanner thread can be used though. Might want to wait for Salem and Nurse to weigh in.

Ima

So you don't think the LE was telling us explicitly when they are quoted as saying the day Dylan was reported missing? I am going to agree with you on these things, but just had question about that part.

I believe LE and their careful prepared data! I just mean we won't know why it slightly differs from the mother's account, or the *details* of what usage his phone saw until we hear more from LE.

We can speculate all day, but it may not even contradict at all. Or it may.

Hi. Just logging on. Many pages behind. Not sure if the WW of the West has spoken yet, but I've decided, after my meditation session and a box of wine that everyone needs to send good vibes to Nancy Grace bc she's what we've got right now.

<not kidding about the wine. over and out.>

<edit> will see what the wicked witch has to say tomorrow. A box of wine might actually prove adversely for me at this point, hahaha<edit>

I believe LE and their careful prepared data! I just mean we won't know why it slightly differs from the mother's account, or the *details* of what usage his phone saw until we hear more from LE.

We can speculate all day, but it may not even contradict at all. Or it may.

It doesn't differ at all. No activity on Monday means last activity was Sunday.
I don't understand why people are claiming LE is saying something different from the mother when they aren't.

I'm thinking about the flight...

-Curious if investigators have interviewed crew who worked on the flight, have they interviewed passengers who were on flight? In my experience flying, when young kids fly alone they are tended to carefully by flight crew and fellow travellers often take note of these kids .. offering to help them, asking them about their trip, etc.

- A few thoughts... did Dylan talk w/anyone on the flight, perhaps about his plans for the week at dad's? How he was feeling about the visit -- angry, spiteful, excited to see his friends?
Did he connect with anyone on the flight?
Did he exchange contact information with anyone on the flight?
Did anyone take a particular interest in Dylan?
Perhaps a not so innocent interest in him?
Did someone overhear him talking with another passenger or follow him when he landed and met up with dad and possibly follow them back to Vallecito?
It occured to me that LE could be looking for some potential connection in footage from the airport (6pm Sunday to 12noon Monday) to see if anyone followed Dylan and Dad. Did someone stalk Dylan and abduct him?
Was someone known to Dylan and/or his parents who were on the flight and got involved somehow?
Did someone on the plane strike up a conversation with Dylan, appeal to his emotions and offer to help him out while he was at dad's if he needed a ride and told Dylan to call them?
I'm wondering if there are any numbers Dylan texted or called on Sunday night that were unknown contacts/new to his phone or untraceable/disposable cell phones?

This thread is getting pretty long, going to work on a new one now. Will be closing this thread when the new one is ready.

Ima

Just using the above post as a jumping point, not replying directly.

Re phones, mom's records or last calls are not the same as last activity. Like I said upthread, most services will not give information about data usage, location of phone, and similar tech details right away. Most companies don't even house this information in the same accessible way they house recent call lists.

So he could have a last known call time of 8, but been on phone internet or such until 10. Or the apparent contradiction could be just that. We don't know until LE tells us explicitly.

With all due respect, can you please tell us where you are getting this information? Several posters have posted that in their own personal experience, they have been able to get these records in full with very little trouble and in short time. One poster has even done it twice with two different companies.

It doesn't usually take a long time to get a warrant. Sometimes it is a matter of a simple phone call in the middle of the night, especially when a child is in danger. I know this from being married to a police chief who has been a cop for 17 years, so I guess it is second hand knowledge, but that's just my :twocents:

MOO

Oops. I guess I'm confused again....didn't the police spokesman say exactly the same thing this evening as Dylan's mother did -- that Dylan's cell phone showed no activity after 8 p.m.?

If this question is for me, I don't know I missed that part...I found MSM that says no phone activity since the day Dylan was reported missing....which is Monday, not Sunday which I keep seeing here, but not sure where that came from....if indeed it did come out that the police spokesman said that then I will have to say opps I agree.

It's semantics. Long list of research on the topic. To some it will mean the phone hasn't been used the day he was reported missing or forward. To some it will mean it was used up until that day, not up until the day prior.

Like I said, I am holding out on drawing assumption of details from the statement until I hear a more explicit statement.

If this question is for me, I don't know I missed that part...I found MSM that says no phone activity since the day Dylan was reported missing....which is Monday, not Sunday which I keep seeing here, but not sure where that came from....if indeed it did come out that the police spokesman said that then I will have to say opps I agree.
It was on NG tonight on air the <modsnip>said no cell activity since Sunday night.

I took my 13 & 15 yr old sons out to eat- gave them the rundown- they tend to believe the friend's theory that he hitched...don't know how much it matters- but throwing it out there. Said that it was no biggie Dad had errands, meetings- Dad knew Dylan wanted to see/be with friends- worked out for both of them.
And- all of my kids are guilty of the "wake me up" then sleeping in, "don't wanna goooo now- I'mmmmmm tirrrrrrrrrrrrred" whine-

Hi!

I totally agree with kids making plans at night then not wanting to get up the next morning
BUT
this is Dylan's home stomping grounds (he only moved in July), these plans were made with his life-long friends - I think he would have set the alarm on his phone and been sitting on the couch waiting to leave.....or perhaps sitting in the car blowing the horn!! I mean he wanted to see them Sunday, the minute he got off the plane....JMO

And investigator says what, exactly? How does that contradict the mother in any way? No activity on Monday does not contradict that last cell phone activity was at 8 pm on Sunday.

Not directed at you jjenny, just jumping off your post.

From here on out agree to disagree regarding the last use of the phone. There are many explanations for the differences between what mom says and what the investigators say. We don't know what it all means and each one of us gets to interpret it the way we see fit.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member