AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traci Douglas was found in October 2009, in Western NY state, not far from an interstate highway or a state border. She was unidentified for a long time - never having been reported as missing:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90569"]Identified! NY - Allegheny Reservoir Cattaraugus County - (NamUs 6015), Sep'09 -Traci Douglass - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Yes, that's what made me think of her. That, and the fact that he said something about there being little news coverage of his victims, and the fact that she was missing for a long, long time before anyone noticed.

his upbringing is normal? I think not.

Who knows what went on in that home

People who come from loving nurturing homes do not buy into the idea that they are pieces of scum.

In my opinion, I would guess there was some sex abuse going on

They (experts?) think less than 12.

I think it could be way more than 12.

Anyone else think they are guessing too low?

And I take it with a grain of salt he never hurt a kid. What is a kid? He started young, his first victim was a teen. Then he has a child and starts to care about kids? Did the age of a kid change with his child growing up? I don't think you can believe a lot of what these SKs have to say. Imo.

RE: (snipped from article)The pastor says earlier this year, Israel's sister tried again to convert her brother, not knowing he was a murderer.

"He had committed all the murders that he's now confessed to and many other things that he's still suspect for. And she said, not knowing any of this, to him, that the Lord can forgive you. It doesn't matter what you've done, he can forgive you. Holding back tears as she's pleading with him.

And he, she said, even he was holding back tears, tears, welling up saying, 'You don't know what I've done. You don't know the depths of darkness that I've gone to. You don't know what I've done.

Dejavu?

"Serial Killer Richard Ramirez; Night Stalker, said to the jurors in San Diego, CA, that sentenced him to death, "I don't expect you to understand me, the devil dwells within us all, I am beyond good and Evil, Lucifer will avenge me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MC5huwZoPZA

They (experts?) think less than 12.

I think it could be way more than 12.

Anyone else think they are guessing too low?

And I take it with a grain of salt he never hurt a kid. What is a kid? He started young, his first victim was a teen. Then he has a child and starts to care about kids? Did the age of a kid change with his child growing up? I don't think you can believe a lot of what these SKs have to say. Imo.

Yes, words are easy and it would be all too convenient to want to leave his daughter SOME small piece of what she might call "humanity" in him. We might never know, but I wouldn't put in any stock in this at all just because he said it.

Article about Keyes and how he researched Ted Bundy and killed animals as a kid.

"Israel Keyes didn't kidnap and kill people because he was crazy. He didn't kidnap and kill people because his deity told him to or because he had a bad childhood," Doll said. "Israel Keyes did this because he got an immense amount of enjoyment out of it, much like an addict gets an immense amount of enjoyment out of drugs. In a way, he was an addict, and he was addicted to the feeling that he got when he was doing this."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/alaska-...-researched-ted-bundy-1.1074349#ixzz2EhxX9nt0

I just can't get over how casual and normal he sounds when he's talking to LE. :notgood:

Here is one of the new interviews released by the FBI today. Keyes talks about staking out a young couple parked at a park in Anchorage. He wanted to try out his new silencer. Along came an APD officer. He was still thinking of shooting the couple, and the APD, when another APD officer showed up so he decided not to.

http://media.trb.com/media/mp3file/2012-12/355499320-10155944.mp3

I found it interesting that he said to the interrogator: "APD is really good. They're by the book. That's when I decided I should get a scanner."

It struck me that he was complimenting LE so they would like him. Probably not though! It was probably all a game to him.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/israel-keyes-was-ready-to-snipe-couple-apd-officer-at-anchorage-park-121012,0,391484.story

There is also a video at the news link showing Keyes being interviewed about another place he was staking out (Eagle River) and how he kept a body disposal stash there. (shovel, drano)

The Samantha Koenig disappearance was local to me so this case really bothers me. I wonder if he was honest about not killing kids because of his daughter. That makes no sense because his own daughter will be 18 soon. I know on the facebook page from Sam's father and here on of the potential victims was a 12 ear old with prosthetic legs. Was that before his child was born. If he cared about his daughter why doesn't he couldn't he spare Samantha. I wonder if he does have the capacity to care about his family or if he was just putting on an act which is my guess. I know that psychopaths lie so he could be lying. I wonder about the relationship with his girlfriend. Was he charming at first but then he acted self serving and got caught up in lies. Did he use her. I know Ted Bundy's girlfriends described strange behavior and turned him in. Did his girlfriend pick up on strange behavior or was he really nice to her, his daughter and his family members and if so then how could he care about them but kill others.

I thought a sociopath and a psychopath act similarly but a sociopath has been abused and a psychopath was born like that. I wonder if he was abused. Since he was in a religiously conservative family that seems cultist there is a chance he was abused with a spare the rod philosophy that maybe got taken too far.

I know that psychopaths do not feel empathy but I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the evil side of humanity. Is there warning signs you can look for besides torturing animals. If a child is torturing animals is there some sort of intervention that could be done? If a kid displays warning signs of not feeling empathy once they are older and tortures animals is there anything that can be done. I know we have more serial killers than other countries. I wonder if it is because we have more abuse.

It drives me crazy that we will never know all his victims and all those families will never get closure. It is sad that they got killed in such a brutal way with no respect for their bodies and no one even knows what happen.

I usually not paranoid of crimes that I am statistically unlikely to ever experience but this does make me want to carry bear spray with me whenever I am in a remote place. We usually hike with other families and not alone but still. He was thinking of striking again in Anchorage after he was successful with Samantha and had that stash in Eagle River. It is scary to have one in my area. I never knew Samantha but her father lived in my friend's neighborhood and I lived right in that area too. I drive by the coffee shop all the time. It is crazy that it can happen in a busy area and no one knew.

Oh and another thing that really bothers me is that his family keeps mentioning how he turned away from God. It bothers me that his mom mentioned how people were focused on the murders and they wanted people to know about how he turned away from God. It bothers me that to a lot of people being an atheist is worse than murder. I just don't get it. Being an atheist doesn't harm anyone. Atheists actually are the smallest percentage of the prison population per capita. Most are very moral they just get morals from within. It mentioned that his siblings didn't go to his funeral because he turned away from God. The fact that he was an atheist is worse than killing all those people and taking lives???? I just.don't.get.it. That was bothering me. I know it wasn't his families fault and they must be really hurting and feeling shame but that type of thinking is harmful.

Welcome Alaskamum.

I'm so sorry that this crime has shaken you. They say that people feel violated when someone breaks into their home and steals something. Well your community was violated as a result of this criminal...he has taken your sense of security and community well-being.

Regarding Keyes' mom and her focus on his 'crime' of turning away from God, well I'm pretty sure you called it right and they are very extreme in their views. (Dare I call them extremists?) You really do have to wonder if his family's extreme views contributed to the person he became.

Many of todays serial killers document their evil deeds with photos & videos. Wondering if Keyes did or if he kept a journal, either before or after his incarceration. What was written on the blood soaked suicide notes? Was it a taunt? His final narcisstic act.
Seems the final phase or chapter in many serial killers' lives is their perceived notoriety.
Sadly, prolific serial killers' names are remembered long after their innocent victims' names are forgotten. Keyes' mentor T. Bundy is a household name, yet name one of his many victims without a google search...

Israel Keyes, was only in the peak of his anomalous and meticulous evil journey.
Obviously well read in the art of serial killing and preventing the detection by investigators. Ironically Keyes' Narcissism & Greed, combined with a routine traffic stop would be the catalyst for his capture and demise, as was Bundys..

I wonder if his computer had a search for all the people he killed or if he did those searches somewhere else or with an older computer. That seems like a way to possibly identify who he killed.

I went to Point Woronzof in the spring of 2011 with my kids for a bike ride. I went there one time at dusk with my husband. It is weird that he lives that double life and went home his wife and daughter right after almost attempting to kill someone.

"Good triumphs over evil"..

Roger L. Depue:‘Between Good & Evil’:

In this first-person account of becoming the FBI’s top serial-killer hunter and a member of a religious order in an attempt to discern the true nature of good and evil, Roger L. Depue searches for an understanding of how evil develops.

Between Good and Evil is Depue’s look back at a life spent apprehending criminals, especially serial killers, first as a small-town police chief, then an FBI-SWAT team member, Behavioral Sciences Unit chief, and a developer of revolutionary law enforcement programs.

The book also examines Depue’s experience studying with the Brothers of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles in an attempt to discover why a good person like his wife, whom he had lost to cancer, is allowed to die while monstrous criminals get to live.

Following his time in the clergy, Depue returned to law-enforcement and today heads one of the world’s most elite think tanks; 'The Academy'..

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_L._Depue

Name Roger L. Depue

Roger L. Depue was Unit Chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI
Dr. Depue, one of the pioneers of the FBI's Behavior Science Unit, was first assigned there in 1974 as a Supervisory Special Agent. He served as an instructor and researcher until his promotion to the position of Chief of Behavioral Sciences in 1980, a post he held until his retirement from the FBI in 1989.

His research led him to coin the term "Leakage", which basically means that one's fantasies consciously or subconsciously tend to leak out. It also allows offender profilers to obtain information on a criminal's motivation.

Welcome Alaskamum.

I'm so sorry that this crime has shaken you. They say that people feel violated when someone breaks into their home and steals something. Well your community was violated as a result of this criminal...he has taken your sense of security and community well-being.

Regarding Keyes' mom and her focus on his 'crime' of turning away from God, well I'm pretty sure you called it right and they are very extreme in their views. (Dare I call them extremists?) You really do have to wonder if his family's extreme views contributed to the person he became.

Whoops, just noticed that I spelled your name wrong Alakamum. My apologies.

:blushing:

It is actually a typo. I was going for Alaskamum. I had to email to get a screen name and had a typo. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't log in and then I looked closer. :blushing: Oops. I just kept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname