CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also appears that MR's home was north of the town and Lake Vallecito. Since Vallecito is fairly small, I would guess that most people would drive to work in Bayfield or Durango and would take either County Road 501 (to Bayfield) or County Rd 240 (to Durango). Regardless of where they worked, if coming from Vallecito, they would travel down CR500 to meet up with 501 or 240. If Dylan was walking, SOMEONE would have seen him at some point. JMO

Not necessaily
They did say no one has been ruled out tho.

They wont accuse someone till they have the evidence they need. How many cases have we seen here and on ID where there were no suspects and no poi's
ad bam LE comes out an arrests the very person they kept saying was not a suspect. They do it all the time.

I think they should add "At this time" to that sentence.

I was in the process of replying to this, so I brought it over here. I agree with this, but there are also cases such as Ayla Reynolds or Lisa Irwin where LE has made it abundantly clear that they suspect a parent, but don't have enough evidence to make an arrest.

I'm beginning to fear that LE just doesn't know what happened and I believe an article last week quoted an investigator as saying that the trail had gone cold. I hope I'm wrong.
jmo

I think LE knows way more than they are letting on.

I think LE knows way more than they are letting on.

Not me. They may have some suspicions and indications, but if they knew anything for sure, there would be an arrest, in my opinion.

Could they still be waiting on Forensics?

Article 11/24/12

Bender said Friday that, “the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) issued a media alert with information on Dylan in an effort to have as many people as possible see his photograph and know he is still missing.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...56/0/SEARCH/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen

They started searching Monday night per previous articles. But media alert wasn't issued until Friday from the above article....don't know why it wasn't done immediately other than they were going off dad's statement that Dylan was missing???

<SNIP>
This is an open forum and I love reading your post, so post away!!

And thank you so much for all your work on the timeline and quotes!
Not totally open, some people are off limits - family, friends, etc.; I'll just wait until something happens to change the criteria - someone is named a suspect or a wider range of sleuthing is allowed. I could come up with a lot of theories, but most would involve discussing something or someone in a way that's not allowed.

Thanks. I'm not that great at social writing (hate writing letters or email), but I've done well with my technical writing, and not real bad with pseudo-code for programs. My mind is sometimes a jumbled mess, and those things help me get it more focused.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why it took so long for the forensic home search, when LE has indicated that they were considering this case a criminal investigation as early as the 2nd day?

Talking about resorts/cabins in the area. IF Dylan attempted to walk, he would have passed by:

Blue Spruce RV Park & Cabins (.5 miles from MR house)
1875 County Road 500
Bayfield, CO 81122
(970) 884-2641
bluesprucervpark.com

From their website: Stay with us at the Blue Spruce RV Park & Cabins, just up the road from the lake and a world away from the busy pace of city life. Stay connected if you so choose (Local Cell Tower, Satellite TV, and free WiFi available).

And later possibly Wit's End Guest House & Resort (1.6 mi from MR's house)

254 County Road 500
Durango, CO 81122
(970) 884-3261
witsendranch.com&#8206;

Those are 2 that show up on the map close by.

Thanks for listing these. I'd like to know if either of them had guests during the time he went missing and if LE had dogs sniff them out.

snipped and BBM

ASSOCIATED PRESS

DURANGO — Authorities say a weekend search for a missing 13-year-old boy in southwestern Colorado has turned up a handful of clues.

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/missing-148311-monument-search.html#ixzz2Efrum1Vi

this is a recurring theme for post 12/8 searches on MSM sites. None of them seem to mention what 'clues' were found.

Ya know there could be NO evidence at all.
Say he and dad had a verbal fight in the truck ok they are driving along and dylan says I want out of this truck dad, dad e stops the truck they get out and continue their fight maybe Dyland gets hit or pushed and Dies. Hes left right there never put back in the car
all his things are with him and the fishing pole (I Think) dad bought at walmart that night.

I dont think any of this was planned.

I hope dad wasnt drinking that evening.

All speculation and MVOPO

snipped and BBM

this is a recurring theme for post 12/8 searches on MSM sites. None of them seem to mention what 'clues' were found.

Someone suggested in was maybe Colonel Mustard in the Study with a Candlestick. :blushing:

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why it took so long for the forensic home search, when LE has indicated that they were considering this case a criminal investigation as early as the 2nd day?

Maybe because they did not believe dylan made it to the house!

Could it be that initially they thought he ran away (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesay)? Then they went to rule out offenders in the area?? Then they interviewed neighbors??? Then they were back at square one (the house)??? LE has me running in circles chasing my tail! LOL

O/T - I love your picture - looks just like my "tubby" that lived for 17 years - may he RIP.

I think they were putting all of their resources into Search And Rescue because they thought he was lost in the woods or he fell into the lake while fishing. I think they were open to the possibility of it being a criminal case, but were leaning towards a lost or runaway kid. But as time passed they changed their focus and then they were a week behind.

Thanks for listing these. I'd like to know if either of them had guests during the time he went missing and if LE had dogs sniff them out.

And the guest list would have people's id's. Some places also ask for make of car and license # of car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonzales Trenton