CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were putting all of their resources into Search And Rescue because they thought he was lost in the woods or he fell into the lake while fishing. I think they were open to the possibility of it being a criminal case, but were leaning towards a lost or runaway kid. But as time passed they changed their focus and then they were a week behind.

I think it is mostly different people who come in to do a forensics search. Anyway I think they totally lost a week, and it can never be regained.

As far as "clues from the search on Saturday, I think they are referring to items picked up for processing; probably should call them potential clues. Personally, I doubt any of the items are related to Dylan in any way.

Originally Posted by cluciano63
Does anyone have a suggestion as to why it took so long for the forensic home search, when LE has indicated that they were considering this case a criminal investigation as early as the 2nd day?

I think part of it was because they had already looked through the house, and MR was being very cooperative, so they really didn't suspect him. When after a few days no evidence of any kind showed up, they may have thought it should be done just in case. I just wish I knew for sure what they're saying. They continually stress the fact that MR is NOT a suspect; I'd just like to know if they're trying to get people to focus on Dylan rather than him, or if they do suspect him and don't want him to know. I've never heard them repeat that so many times without ruling the person out. :waitasec:

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why it took so long for the forensic home search, when LE has indicated that they were considering this case a criminal investigation as early as the 2nd day?

Not really, but how long does it take to draft up a search warrant and get it signed? I would think a few hours if it was "crunch time" but by the Thursday after Dylan went missing, there was nothing speedy about this investigation so I'm wondering if they were just moseying along.

Ya know there could be NO evidence at all.
Say he and dad had a verbal fight in the truck ok they are driving along and dylan says I want out of this truck dad, dad e stops the truck they get out and continue their fight maybe Dyland gets hit or pushed and Dies. Hes left right there never put back in the car
all his things are with him and the fishing pole (I Think) dad bought at walmart that night.

I dont think any of this was planned.

I hope dad wasnt drinking that evening.

All speculation and MVOPO

I think this scenario is quite possible. The only thing that gives me pause is the claim that Dylan's sheets were left on the couch. It seems stupid to make that claim if Dylan was never there and his scent wouldn't be found on them but 1) maybe that is an obvious "gotcha moment" to us but not the general public or 2) it is the same sheets Dylan used back in Sept and an assumption was made that his scent would still be present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say he and dad had a verbal fight in the truck ok they are driving along and dylan says I want out of this truck dad, dad e stops the truck they get out and continue their fight maybe Dyland gets hit or pushed and Dies. Hes left right there never put back in the car
all his things are with him and the fishing pole (I Think) dad bought at walmart that night.

bbm Where do you continue to get the fishing pole info? Is it purely speculation based on the VL fishing pole discredited by LE? But why are you thinking he bought a fishing pole at Walmart? TIA

Not totally open, some people are off limits - family, friends, etc.; I'll just wait until something happens to change the criteria - someone is named a suspect or a wider range of sleuthing is allowed.

Why wait? If the father is not off limits at this point, then no one should be.

I'm feeling like there may no be evidence as well. I'm worried this will be a case where his remains are found years later by hunters and noone will ever really know what happened.

:(

IMO, the only way Dylan is still with us is if someone is harboring him.

My mind goes wild with possibilities on this front. What if someone picked him up because he didn't want to be there....and then it spiraled into this? Now they don't want to admit that he's been with them all this time?

IMO, the only way Dylan is still with us is if someone is harboring him.

My mind goes wild with possibilities on this front. What if someone picked him up because he didn't want to be there....and then it spiraled into this? Now they don't want to admit that he's been with them all this time?

Well that would be the miracle we're all looking for, wouldn't it? That's a best case scenario.

Well that would be the miracle we're all looking for, wouldn't it? That's a best case scenario.

Definitely. Maybe that's why my mind wants to believe it.

Just so sad. 13 years old.

Anyone who would be "harboring" Dylan after three weeks of intense and multi-agency LE involvement has committed a crime, regardless of original motive. I do not believe this to be a possibility. Who would continue to put their entire future on the line to "protect" Dylan, when he seemed to have perfectly good home with his mother?

The only way I can see that Dylan could be alive is if he was kidnapped, and even that seems a doubtful scenario, due to what happens with most kidnappings/abductions. Still, not impossible he is being kept alive. But we've heard nothing of ransom, which hardly ever occurs anyway, and this family does not appear to be typical of any kidnapping for money scenario. So if he is being kept alive, I hate to think under what conditions and how long it may be before he is somehow found.

Has the media asked LE outright if Dylan spent the night at his father's home? If not, why not? And if so, did they respond or avoid answering? That is the #1 question, IMO.

I think it is mostly different people who come in to do a forensics search. Anyway I think they totally lost a week, and it can never be regained.

As far as "clues from the search on Saturday, I think they are referring to items picked up for processing; probably should call them potential clues. Personally, I doubt any of the items are related to Dylan in any way.

Personally, I dont believe there is any evidence in that house.
In the trucks yes! The House no.

All JMO

Why wait? If the father is not off limits at this point, then no one should be.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

It does not mean you can outright accuse the father or anyone in this case. Law enforcement has not named anyone a suspect.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

Does anyone know if Dylan's scent would still remain on the sheets he used in Sept, assuming they hadn't been washed? What about hair/skin cells, would it be possible to determine how long ago those were shed onto the sheets (like Sept vs Nov)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family aren't the only people who are protected. My understanding is that you really can't sleuth anyone who hasn't been named a POI or suspect by LE. That would include family, but it would also include friends, neighbors, friends of family, coworkers/employers of family members, etc.

Maybe I've misunderstood the rules, but that's how I read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl