IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so upset over the NEWTOWN murders that I was not on this thread.
Mostly watching TV.
My cousin lives up there and I was caught in the news.

I am so behind here I will never catch up.
Has anything happened.........DOD? COD?
any new pressers?
TIA

Nothing has happened. No DOD or COD. There apparently was a rumor of an arrest going around. Evansdale police released a statement saying it was not true. They are having some special help interviewing persons of interest from DCI sex offenders, but it doesn't mean they are any closer to getting a suspect or ruling anyone out.

I was so upset over the NEWTOWN murders that I was not on this thread.
Mostly watching TV.
My cousin lives up there and I was caught in the news.

I am so behind here I will never catch up.
Has anything happened.........DOD? COD?
any new pressers?
TIA

No news.

....but the lake that girl was talking about was in Waterloo. Why would Lyric asked her father about Meyer's Lake? He doesn't live there. Wouldn't it be more of Heather's or Lyric's GMA that would give the permission?

Lyric just got in trouble for going to a Lake in Waterloo. What did she think would happen if she asked for permission to go to another lake. This is very strange. Where does this Tammy's daughter live? Where was Elizabeth's brother when all this was going on?

After sleuthing many missing children cases, I have come not to expect any answers from locals or LE. It's a darn shame we don't have Greta on these things. She always asks what I want to know.

How long was the video caught on tape of the girls bicycling? What came before them or after them? It appeared they were moving quickly.

It's not a continuous video, it's a second here, a second there. We don't how long the video is, but we know that police spent hours revieiwing the footage and that they took note of all vehicles in the area at the time.

How long was the video caught on tape of the girls bicycling? What came before them or after them? It appeared they were moving quickly.

The video is less than a minute IIRC. LE never said what came before or after them, nor did they show anything.

....but the lake that girl was talking about was in Waterloo. Why would Lyric asked her father about Meyer's Lake? He doesn't live there. Wouldn't it be more of Heather's or Lyric's GMA that would give the permission?

Lyric just got in trouble for going to a Lake in Waterloo. What did she think would happen if she asked for permission to go to another lake. This is very strange. Where does this Tammy's daughter live? Where was Elizabeth's brother when all this was going on?

After sleuthing many missing children cases, I have come not to expect any answers. It's a darn shame we don't have Greta on these things. She always asks what I want to know.

Lyric had an older brother. Maybe she heard him talking about Meyers Lake, or perhaps Elizabeth mentioned it since she had two neighbor friends that often rode their bikes to Meyers Lake. Elizabeth was the oldest child in her family. Why would her little brother be with her?

Where were both brothers at the time of the girls' disappearance? I heard one was with the dad, napping.. Did they go to Meyer's lake and meet up with misty and heather?

Lyric had an older brother. Maybe she heard him talking about Meyers Lake, or perhaps Elizabeth mentioned it since she had two neighbor friends that often rode their bikes to Meyers Lake. Elizabeth was the oldest child in her family. Why would her little brother be with her?

BBM-Elizabeth also has an older brother-KC. I believe he is 13 now. She has 2 little sisters, 4 & 7.

Where were both brothers at the time of the girls' disappearance? I heard one was with the dad, napping....

Because the siblings of the victims are unrelated to the disappearance, no one has sleuthed their whereabouts at the time of the abduction. However, since Lyric's grandmother was babysitting Elizabeth and her siblings, they were most likely all at home. As for Lyric's brother, no one knows. Regarding Lyric and Elizabeth's aunt Tammy, again, she is unrelated to the abduction.

Where were both brothers at the time of the girls' disappearance? I heard one was with the dad, napping.. Did they go to Meyer's lake and meet up with misty and heather?
IIRC, Elizabeth's brother did go with WC to look for the girls.

BBM-Elizabeth also has an older brother-KC. I believe he is 13 now. She has 2 little sisters, 4 & 7.

For some reason, I had the impression that Elizabeth was the oldest ... but I probably wasn't listening carefully enough to the interview last week.

When did the fathers (drew and dan) meet up with misty and heather that day?

I don't understand the police silence? wouldn't they want to get the info out there so the public could help? It has been over five months and we know nothing. I thought when the girls were found, we would see the case break...

....wrong.

Even if there was grass between her foot and the flip flop on July 13, today that grass would be dead and would have fallen away. Also, the bodies would be skeletonized after 4-5 months in the park, so there would be nothing to hold dead grass in place.

BBM....I leave some flip flops outside just for summer/gardening purposes...it seems even the cheapo's from Walgreens are fairly 'indestructible'...both out west in AZ sun and out east...

Just a 'factoid'...

I was really expecting by now for LE to ask public for help and saying everyday 'watch your children!" Beware a killer is out there...............

Otto, I don't recall that Lyric asked Dan about Meyers Lake prior to their abduction. I must have missed that one. That raises some questions as to why & what brought that question up I wonder?

Otto, I don't recall that Lyric asked Dan about Meyers Lake prior to their abduction. I must have missed that one. That raises some questions as to why & what brought that question up I wonder?

That's something that I remember from the early days of the investigation ... maybe someone else vaguely remembers that too??? I remember it only in one news report ... don't think I'd be able to find it anymore.

That's something that I remember from the early days of the investigation ... maybe someone else vaguely remembers that too??? I remember it only in one news report ... don't think I'd be able to find it anymore.

Actually, I do remember someone in the family, not sure if it was Misty or Tammi, IIRC, who stated that Lyric was not allowed to go to Meyers Lake.

You might want to go back to transcripts of interviews on the NG or that JVM, as I think that is where I saw reference to it.

It may also have something to do with youth; when I was a kid, my flip flops never fell off and I could run in them. As an adult, I never get them anymore because they fall off my feet every couple steps.

It's likely that the only tall grass that had to be navigated was at the very beginning of the walk into the woods and then in the clearing where they were found. Under the heavy tree canopy, there are usually plants but there's usually leaf litter around each plant. It's relatively open in the deep shade.[/quote]

I have very mixed feelings about this subject, having witnessed all kinds
of people wearing 'flip flops' or some variety of simple sandal, in combat,
fighting wars and going through grass and jungles and knee deep mud
running and maneuvering easily with them on! Yes Ive seen them fall off
people including kids just walking across the lawn in the neighborhood.
And 'yes' there are different kinds of 'flip flops' like the Walmart flop, the
Vietnamese knob-flops which only have a knob that fits in between toes
with no straps, then the Ho Chi Minh sandals with straps (very secure) ...
The girls didnt hesitate to peddle their bikes with them on. The fact they
left in their flops on then were found with their flops (on?) ... I dont know
how much one can or should read into this ... except that they were
present for some reason from beginning to end ? That says something about
the 'circumtances' of the girls and perhaps about the perp, given the fact the
flops could have been lost or removed during the intervening months.

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member