CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, ' ",my prayers are with you. " That is what I post to people I have never met who are having health problems. ' My prayers are with you?...'

Does that sound like a father reaching out to his missing 13 yr old?

Ok, so its not that its not direct, its the content.

But now I am wondering why someone would not have just left the backpack on the shore if they wanted him to be assumed to be in the lake.

Which is why I think the lake could be a red herring .

You have to be incredabley arrogant or stupid to lead somebody to the crime scene IMO ...

http://www.terryrbacon.com/index.cfm/reflections/dylan-redwine-has-vanished/

Found this blog entry from a Durango local. Interesting in that it shows the community still has Dylan on their minds, particularly at the end of the holiday season.

Interesting statistics he has there. (not sure how legitimate ANY statistics are...)

"It is sad to say, but in America as a whole Dylan’s disappearance is not unusual. According to a Department of Justice study (2002), nearly 800,000 children were reported missing in the United States during a one-year period. Most were runaways who returned on their own unharmed. Over 200,000 were the victims of family (usually parental) abductions, and 58,000 were taken by non-family members. Just over one hundred of these missing children were the victims of stereotypical abductions, where the perpetrator transports the child fifty miles or more, then kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently (www.missingkids.com)."

Ok, so its not that its not direct, its the content.

It is kind of both. It just seems like he is very focused on defending himself, and talks about himself way more than he does his son. jmo

But he does not speak directly to him and say ' Hold on son, we are going to find you, try to stay strong, call or run if you get the chance...'

It is more about him saying ' nobody understands how much I loved my son, he was my world, my only problem is my ex...' Oh and " I know my sons friends were his top priority and I had no problems with that.' He brought up that issue several times, and not in response to questions about it. That is a big red flag for me.

I've been thinking...

I agree with those who state that it seems hinky to think that Dylan was abducted or involved in an accidental death, while he had his backpack and most of his belongings with him. (Although I thought I remembered reading there was an IPod collected from MR's home, and some clothing from the couch?)

However, I see it as equally strange for MR to get rid of/hide Dylan's backpack and belongings if indeed he was involved in Dylan's disappearance/death. If his story about Dylan being alive and present at his home on Sunday night and Monday morning is made-up, why would MR get rid of all of Dylan's belongings and backpack-- their absence seems to contradict his story.

:waitasec:

I agree with those expressing that it is impossible to fully understand what goes through the mind of a 13-year-old boy. We can endlessly analyze all of the information we have, but I am trying to also keep in mind just how much we don't know.

JMO.

I've been thinking...

I agree with those who state that it seems hinky to think that Dylan was abducted or involved in an accidental death, while he had his backpack and most of his belongings with him. (Although I thought I remembered reading there was an IPod collected from MR's home, and some clothing from the couch?)

However, I see it as equally strange for MR to get rid of/hide Dylan's backpack and belongings if indeed he was involved in Dylan's disappearance/death. If his story about Dylan being alive and present at his home on Sunday night and Monday morning is the truth, why would MR get rid of all of Dylan's belongings and backpack-- their absence seems to contradict his story.

I agree with those expressing that it is impossible to fully understand what goes through the mind of a 13-year-old boy. We can endlessly analyze all of the information we have, but I am trying to also keep in mind just how much we don't know.

JMO.

If MR is hiding something, I would guess that by removing the backpack, it would appear that Dylan left the house under his own power.

*advertiser censored* Lines are definitely , absolutely against TOS , right mods ? :p

IMO, this sounds like something a concerned parent would say (write) when his/her child is missing. On their own, not waiting for an interviewer to ask "Do you have anything to say directly to your child?", not waiting to speak out and go on the defensive. Within a few days, putting this out to your baby:

Elaine posted a letter to Dylan on Facebook that said:

Dear Dylan

I don't know if you can see this and I know your not a big reader so I will keep this short. We are all in Durango looking for you.

I AM HERE and I will never give up looking for you. You are my ray of sunshine and the best kid a mother could ever have. I miss your laugh and your smile so much. We will find you and bring you home with us!

We all love you so much son and hope you are safe. You are the glue in our family so come home and stick us back together!

Son...call your mother!

We love and miss you immensely and will never stop searching for you. Don't give up on us son we will NEVER give up on you.

Love Your Mommy.
and Big Brother and Mike!

I've been thinking...

However, I see it as equally strange for MR to get rid of/hide Dylan's backpack and belongings if indeed he was involved in Dylan's disappearance/death. If his story about Dylan being alive and present at his home on Sunday night and Monday morning is made-up, why would MR get rid of all of Dylan's belongings and backpack-- their absence seems to contradict his story.

JMO.

Glad you brought that up, I had thought about it. I think it would have been more to his advantage to have the backpack left behind as "proof" Dylan had been at his house and spent the night, rather than to disappear everything, including the backpack IF he were involved in the disappearance. That doesn't make sense, but then very little does in this case.

I've been thinking...

JMO.

I have wondered the same thing about the backpack. But two possibilities come to mind for me. Well, three.

1. Maybe the perp wanted it to look like D ran away. That way people wouldn't look as hard or as urgently.

2. Maybe,in the struggle, something happened to the backpack, making it necessary to dispose of it. [ stains, cuts, etc.]

3. Maybe it was used to help weigh down the body. :cry:

*advertiser censored* Lines are definitely , absolutely against TOS , right mods ? :p

:floorlaugh:

I just want to thank you all for not drawing attention to my mistake :D

You are all making me feel so loved right now :p

* my cheeks are actually burning from blushing so much now * :blushing:

Which is why I think the lake could be a red herring .

You have to be incredabley arrogant or stupid to lead somebody to the crime scene IMO ...

Unless you are hoping they will think he went fishing by himself and had a terrible accident.

Yep , I think the lake could be a wild goose chase IMO

I agree. When you Google map that area by MR's house and the 4 miles down to the reservoir, there are so many bodies of water around including the river/creek that leads to the reservoir. There are so many areas of water that he could be in!

I believe he most likely will be found in some water, but where?

Unless you are hoping they will think he went fishing by himself and had a terrible accident.

Would the lake be very deep where he would go fishing ?

Because if it shallow then even falling in would not be fatal .

:floorlaugh:

I just want to thank you all for not drawing attention to my mistake :D

You are all making me feel so loved right now :p

* my cheeks are actually burning from blushing so much now * :blushing:

I was going to comment too, but then I saw everyone else comment first and I didn't want to draw more attention so I decided to hold off.

Until this comment, of course.

Not going to lie, I referred to urbandictionary and there was an entry for your phrase! :floorlaugh:

I agree. When you Google map that area by MR's house and the 4 miles down to the reservoir, there are so many bodies of water around including the river/creek that leads to the reservoir. There are so many areas of water that he could be in!

I believe he most likely will be found in some water, but where?

That is my fear . If something happened Sunday night then you have a window of over 8/9/10 hours at least . And I'm from London but looking at photos of this area and it being so wide spread out and massive , I'm guessing it could be like looking for a needle in haystack ?!

Why doesn't anyone bring up the fact the ER was drinking and driving with the children when she went to pick them up from school. And that was in the middle of the day and not 3:00 in the morning at a party. And at 8 years old why was DR up and awake to watch this happen? I am not saying any of this was right or justifiable, but I do think it was tit for tat.

I am sorry to ask this, but does anyone (or mck16) have a link for this? I thought it was just something that was alleged by MR two years after the claimed incident?

I am sorry to ask this, but does anyone (or mck16) have a link for this? I thought it was just something that was alleged by MR two years after the claimed incident?

9News obtained court records dating back to 2005 showing three requests for protection orders.

•On Oct. 7, 2005, Dylan's dad Mark Redwine requested protection against him mom Elaine saying she was "drinking and driving with kids." A judge temporarily ordered her not to drive the kids around or even be with them while under the influence.
•For the next two years, the couple went through divorce proceedings. In 2008, mom, Elaine Redwine, claimed she had a confrontation with her ex-husband Mark in the early hours of July 4. She wrote, "He was very drunk and grabbed me and took a swing at his son." She said Dylan reacted and hit Mark.
•In another protective order request, Mark claims he was victimized later that same day. "I was attacked and beaten then left for hours until I woke up," he wrote. Mark says his older son Cory admitted he was responsible for the beating.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

And the main issue is, imo, that ER was not the last one to see Dylan. So it doesn't matter if she drank during the day several years ago or not.

The reason the focus is on MR is because he was the adult in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon