CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH in the Durango Herald interview I believe it was will get the link for you.

ER a few times will get a link for that as well.

I agree that ER thinks that Dylan is probably dead. But she was not the last one to see him. And she said she believes that MR might have harmed him.

But since MR was the last one to see him, it is most interesting that he concludes his son is dead, imo.

The reporter gave him an opportunity to address his child. What would you say in such a situation? Would you try to advice your child to do something that can help find him? Recent example: mother of two kids kidnapped by their father was begging these kids to call her telling them they could ask anyone for a phone to use.
I don't see any reason why anything I might have said under the circumstances matters. He's not me, and that's his way of dealing with things. MOO

Since I'm so behind, I wanted to push this post forward. I truly believe what you said with all my heart. He obviously loved hanging with his friends, at the lake, at home, whatever...but she was responding to MR's insinuation that Dylan took off by himself, to go to the lake, while his friends were waiting for him.
Do you have a link to the insinuation he made to which she was responding?

I am keeping an open mind as to what happened to Dylan, I really am. However, the actions of LE, not the uncut video of MR, is what has me more inclined to believe that MR may be responsible. While LE has been covering their bases locally, with searches, interviews, etc., I would think if they believed abduction to be a real probability, they would invite every opportunity to speak to a national audience, something they don't seem to be doing. I have to believe they know a lot more than they are saying. JMO

One thing some people seem to forget. In the very beginning, the LE spokesman, I believe his name was Bender or something like that, said they have no experience with cases like this, and weren't really prepared for it. Why is it so hard to believe that it could be partially inexperience that
accounts for them doing things differently than the way other cases have been handled?

When you read the letter ER wrote to Dylan on FB just days after Dylan went missing, which was directed entirely to Dylan, you see where the refrain DH/KH now uses "Don't EVER give up on us, we won't EVER give up on you!"

DH writes messages to Dylan almost everyday, many have conversations she had with ER, messages ER passes onto Dylan, and of course notes ER writes to Dylan on the FB page.

Even though ER has expressed the sickening possibility that the worst may have happened, she takes opportunities to "talk to him". In videos you can see her falling apart when she talks about him, but it seems like in her mind if there's the slightest chance Dylan is hearing/reading her, he NEEDS to hear his "mutti".

This is clearly a mother who's entire world is ripped apart.

Not that this really matters, but I'm still open to scenarios other than MR (though my suspicions are strong for the time being) .... however the attacks on this mom are baffling and painful, IMO. Hence I have to step away more these days.

If he sat down and spent an evening writing a letter rather than quickly responding to a question on camera, maybe his words would have been more carefully chosen too.

Let me explain a bit further. I also study human behavior, but more specifically, I study criminal behavior. It isn't 100%, but the majority of criminals consistently behave in a similar manner in a similar situation the majority of the time. They also have specific "tells" and mannerisms that are easy to spot when they are lying, stressed, anxious. Some folks are better at "reading" another person's behavior tendencies than others. I can spot a lie 99.99% of the time. Just one of my quirks. I can count the few that got away with it on one hand...and they didn't get away with it for long.

In the case of a parent with a missing child, the odds that you will correctly predict or analyze his or her behavior decreases exponentially. This is due to the atypical nature of the criminal (if and only if the perp is one of the parents). Also, too many other variables are present that could explain away any anomalies that come from your typical observations. An innocent parent under great stress could easily mimic a criminal under stress - especially one that knows his every move and utterance is being scrutinized.

Equally, we're not in the room with him seeing him 'sweat', so it's not productive in the scientific sense to try to predict those types of things from afar.

Yes, agreed. Elaine has already said as much. But ER and CR were not the last ones seen with Dylan. So they think he might be dead, but because of the last one who was with him.

Even more reason for them not to speak of him in the past tense.

From various cases it does not appear to me that when a parent et al speaks of someone in the past tense that they are guilty of something.

What I do find odd is that they are all speaking of him in the past tense collectively.

Right on cue... you gals were talking about "Deliverance" the other day, it's on CMT right now. I've never seen it (just caught 5 minutes.... 5 minutes too many!!!!!).

In the case of a parent with a missing child, the odds that you will correctly predict or analyze his or her criminal behavior decreases exponentially. This is due to the atypical nature of the criminal (if and only if the perp is one of the parents). Also, too many other variables are present that could explain away any anomalies that come from your typical observations. An innocent parent under great stress could easily mimic a criminal under stress - especially one that knows his every move and utterance is being scrutinized.

Equally, we're not in the room with him seeing him 'sweat', so it's not productive in the scientific sense to try to predict those types of things from afar.

This is all really interesting. Im curious to learn more. Are you a verified professional?

In the case of a parent with a missing child, the odds that you will correctly predict or analyze his or her criminal behavior decreases exponentially. This is due to the atypical nature of the criminal (if and only if the perp is one of the parents). Also, too many other variables are present that could explain away any anomalies that come from your typical observations. An innocent parent under great stress could easily mimic a criminal under stress - especially one that knows his every move and utterance is being scrutinized.

I'm not here playing scientist trying to come up with typical/atypical variations. I study criminal behavior. I observe criminal behavior. I work with criminal mentalities. I think like a cop. Short, sweet, simple. There will always be an "interesting" case that goes against known variables (note, I did say this isn't 100%), however, in plain everyday English...most criminals behave the same way consistently and have anticipated reactions. They also tell on themselves if you know what to look for. Beyond that, what you are attempting to get into would require several years and multiple experts to even begin debating the issue.

Even more reason for them not to speak of him in the past tense.

From various cases it does not appear to me that when a parent et al speaks of someone in the past tense that they are guilty of something.

What I do find odd is that they are all speaking of him in the past tense collectively.

It's not that odd. I really hate to say this, but ER knows subconsciously what has happened to her baby. She knows.

This is all really interesting. Im curious to learn more. Are you a verified professional?

Just responding to a post like anyone else. I've made no claims that can't be checked out in the public sphere. I'd rather do without the pressure of having to be right. :floorlaugh:

No problem at all, I will answer what I can when I can. I'm trying to work and read this too.

Sometimes he was a mean drunk, other times he was a funny drunk, again it wasn't every night and I think that people react to different alcohol drinks differently so that may have been a factor in how he reacted. We didn't divorce because of alcohol, it was because of other factors.

Really it was a very long time ago and with little ones at the time, going out to party was a luxury.

I would like to thank you azgrandma for taking the time to clarify this for us, as it does put things into a different perspective.

This was from NG on 11/28 when a caller asked family friend DH a question.
I remember listening to this Q/A, DH sounded very... hesitant. I found that telling then, I still do now.
Anyhow, just revisiting this:

Caller: Hi, Nancy, I`m so happy you`re covering this. I only see it on you guys and ABC. I was wondering, what does the family friend think? I mean she knows them both. Has she -- what does the mom say about the dad? And does she think the dad did it? I know that`s kind of a sensitive question. But what does she think?

GRACE: You know, DH, what do you think?

DH: I think that -- I don`t believe that Dylan ran away. I don`t -- I don`t really know what happened to Dylan, I can`t point the finger in any direction at this point. But I do know this community, I know there`s one way in that lake and one way out of that lake. And I just don`t -- I don`t know. I don`t know how to answer that question. I just know that all of us that are very close to Dylan know that he would not run away.

We all know in our hearts that he would not run away. We all feel like he would have contacted his friends in the morning. If he overslept, then those teenagers sometimes do, he would`ve called his friends and asked his friends to have their moms come and get him or something. We just don`t know. It`s just -- it`s very odd to all of us that he vanished and we just don`t know.

Right on cue... you gals were talking about "Deliverance" the other day, it's on CMT right now. I've never seen it (just caught 5 minutes.... 5 minutes too many!!!!!).

There's locals and then there's ' locals' .
I wonder which sort live around Vallecito !

Just responding to a post like anyone else. I've made no claims that can't be checked out in the public sphere. I'd rather do without the pressure of having to be right. :floorlaugh:

<modsnip> You made a post that was not posed as an opinion but as an attempt to impart information that you previously alluded to as being relevant to your work or studies. I was simply curious as to what field that was in and if you were verified so that we could give your thoughts a bit more weight and pose questions back.<modsnip>

This was from NG on 11/28 when a caller asked family friend DH a question.
I remember listening to this Q/A, DH sounded very... hesitant. I found that telling then, I still do now.
Anyhow, just revisiting this:

Caller: Hi, Nancy, I`m so happy you`re covering this. I only see it on you guys and ABC. I was wondering, what does the family friend think? I mean she knows them both. Has she -- what does the mom say about the dad? And does she think the dad did it? I know that`s kind of a sensitive question. But what does she think?

GRACE: You know, DH, what do you think?

DH: I think that -- I don`t believe that Dylan ran away. I don`t -- I don`t really know what happened to Dylan, I can`t point the finger in any direction at this point. But I do know this community, I know there`s one way in that lake and one way out of that lake. And I just don`t -- I don`t know. I don`t know how to answer that question. I just know that all of us that are very close to Dylan know that he would not run away.

We all know in our hearts that he would not run away. We all feel like he would have contacted his friends in the morning. If he overslept, then those teenagers sometimes do, he would`ve called his friends and asked his friends to have their moms come and get him or something. We just don`t know. It`s just -- it`s very odd to all of us that he vanished and we just don`t know.

It's almost as if she knows what it looks like, know what might be possible and yet, cannot even let herself believe that because it's too horrible to consider.

According to Lt. Shupe Redwine has not retained an attorney, unless things have changed and we just don't know it.

As for the pillow, I don't think its because he's afraid of being shot or anything. If we're speculating here then maybe its the pillow Dylan slept on and that's why he was holding it.
He also told the media at this time that he was waiting for family to get their to help him deal with the situation since he didn't have any support.

Ima

Could be. An article in The Denver Post published 2 weeks after Dylan disappeared said,

“And he is trying to deal with the added weight of knowing that some people think he had something to do with his son's disappearance because he was the last one to see him. He has contacted a criminal-defense attorney to help him with that. And he said he is helping in the search in any way he can.”

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder?source=rss

A question I think is relatively neutral; does anyone think it is a good idea for LE to remain so uncommunicative if they truly believe Dylan was taken from the streets and do not have a suspect? I've been wracking my brain and cannot come up with a reason why this would be helpful, either to Dylan or in solving the mystery.

They have ruled out nobody, that would include him, ER, MH, CR the mailman, the friends, the guy next door, the trash man and everybody else. I don't see how it proves his guilt any more than anyone else's. JMO

He was the last one with Dylan, according to his own words. That makes a difference. (imo)

Plus, some of the people yo mentioned, were not in the area where Dylan disappeared from.

A question I think is relatively neutral; does anyone think it is a good idea for LE to remain so uncommunicative if they truly believe Dylan was taken from the streets and do not have a suspect? I've been wracking my brain and cannot come up with a reason why this would be helpful, either to Dylan or in solving the mystery.

I don't see how it benefits them, Dylan's family or the general public to do so. Why not just release something small that you do know and hope that it triggers something for someone.

Btw, the newest av is adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member