**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean by this as it wasn't the only option that I posted.

My thought is, that if you shoot someone who knows you very well and he doesn't die and the gun won't shoot again, you'd darned well better make sure you finish the job. What else would you grab? Idk, but a knife might do the trick pretty well. It also might explain the severity of the knife attack. If I were a murderess, I think I'd probably panic a bit if I'd just tried and failed to kill someone who knew me and was much bigger and stronger than me and was trying to make his way out of the bedroom and possibly out of the house. She had to make darn sure that she did it with the knife while he was still in the bedroom suite.

Plus, as far as making sure he was dead, I'm pretty sure a knife wound that practically decapitated him and severed his wind wipe would clearly have been sufficient to do the job. No need for a coup de gras with a bullet from a gun that could possibly be traced to her gp's if you'd already killed him with a knife that might have already been in the house.

Just thinking out loud...

Except, the medical examiner testified as to why the gunshot came last. If he had been shot first, (among a million other things) why would a pristine bullet casing be sitting in a pool of blood with no blood at all on the upper surface, considering there was so much blood?

Aha, great minds think alike. Thanks for that. He only says "right forehead, passing down and to the left ending up in the left cheek." I've never seen that autopsy photo, so it could be almost anywhere...

Did he use any demonstrative evidence? With all of the exhibits, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a trajectory diagram if it was all that clear that the gun shot would necessarily have incapacitated or killed him.

I HOPE THE PROSECUTION TEAM IS READING THESE POSTS!

THE JURORS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO SYMPATHIZE WITH THE DEFENSE THAN WE ARE.

IF WE HAVE DOUBTS, ODDS ARE THE JURORS DO AS WELL.

Justice for Travis Alexander. :please:

Not sure what you mean by this as it wasn't the only option that I posted.

My thought is, that if you shoot someone who knows you very well and he doesn't die and the gun won't shoot again, you'd darned well better make sure you finish the job. What else would you grab? Idk, but a knife might do the trick pretty well. It also might explain the severity of the knife attack. If I were a murderess, I think I'd probably panic a bit if I'd just tried and failed to kill someone who knew me and was much bigger and stronger than me and was trying to make his way out of the bedroom and possibly out of the house. She had to make darn sure that she did it with the knife while he was still in the bedroom suite.

Plus, as far as making sure he was dead, I'm pretty sure a knife wound that practically decapitated him and severed his wind wipe would clearly have been sufficient to do the job. No need for a coup de gras with a bullet from a gun that could possibly be traced to her gp's if you'd already killed him with a knife that might have already been in the house.

Just thinking out loud...

She just found a knife by the nail clippers?

I do agree about the frightened look he had. He does seem shocked to me in one of those photos. The poor guy never had a chance. He never in a million years expected she would kill him. At least at that moment, although he did questioin if she was an axe murderer, but i think he was semi-joking and never really thought it could be true. I wonder if she heard about him calling her a suspected axe murderrer and became that.

He also told friends and his roommates if he did not show up at church on Sunday he was probably dead referring to Jodi. They laughed and then they realized he was serious. So he was not joking as it appears he knew what she was capable of. jmo

Except, the medical examiner testified as to why the gunshot came last. If he had been shot first, (among a million other things) why would a pristine bullet be sitting in a pool of blood with no blood at all on the upper surface, considering there was so much blood?

It got kicked there after the fact? Or it fell from the towel it landed on originally when the towel was used to try and clean up. Idk. I'm just not convinced it's impossible based on a pristine casing. I'm interested in seeing what the defense expert has to say about the order of things, if anything. Not sure it helps the defense, so maybe they won't say anything at all about it.

I'm not tyring to convince anyone to agree with this theory, btw. The more I think about it, though, the more plausible it is to my mind.

I'm starting to believe also that he did not know she was taking pics of him while he was showering. For one, he doesn't necessarily look like he's posing. Secondly, she has now said at least 3 times that he would have never allowed it. Realizing she lied so much, I'm starting to think that there are some truths she has told.. some.. like maybe a couple but.. That one I am more inclined to believe is true.. He wouldn't have allowed it.

As was mentioned earlier, defense would have no interest in pursuing him being shot first because that would interfer with her saying she was acting in self defense. You don't shoot someone in the head and stand around and wait for them to recover enough to come after you. You run. She did not do that. She just kept trying to make sure he was dead. There seemed to be no interest in flight if she drug him back to the shower. jmo

here are a couple of hypothesis - shat first, still moving, lunging towards victim - defends every step w/ knife - not guilty self defense - he is stab reaptedly and in the heart then killed by slashing neck dead then shoots - guilty murder 1 w/ cruetly

if you watch the defense he tries every way to get the ME and detective to say shot was first

The jurors were present for the ME's testimony and hopefully paid attention. Most of those who have doubts admit they have not heard the full testimony. If you only listen to parts of the trial you could come to completely different conclusions. jmo

He also told friends and his roommates if he did not show up at church on Sunday he was probably dead referring to Jodi. They laughed and then they realized he was serious. So he was not joking as it appears he knew what she was capable of. jmo

He may have had a gut feeling or a red flag but to me it seems like he never truly thought she would try anything...or maybe he thought he could take her on if she did. I do think he ignored red flags and his gut....I again wish he could have read The Gift of Fear.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't worry too much if you're talking about the stabbed first/shot first posts. No ones disputing that she killed him. Just debating the order of things.

But how do you explain no blood from the head wound?

thank you forgiving all the dropped letters and bad punctuation in that mess.
I am not sure. Part of me believes it may have even been that she attempted to use the gun and it didn't even work the first time ( maybe she didn't know about a safety mechanism). I really just don't read her as thinking she would want to stab him. it would be a fight, it would be messy and there would be much more evidence.

Does anyone have a link to Dr Horn's testimony in full? I'd like to find out the exact position of the entry wound. So far the best I can find is above the right eyebrow, but that covers a lot of territory - I'd like to hear / see something more specific.

I think it is demonstrated on an xray of Travis' skull.

I choose to believe the ME. I realize that they are not always right. But, as I said before, the other evidence in that room shows that Travis was attacked with a knife first. I don't know about clots or air pockets, but I'm not a medical professional. I'm just going on what the ME said.

And I agree 1000% with the ME also!

I don't think anyone doubts that it WAS NOT self defense. Only in the sequence it could have happened. I am not convinced one way or the other. While the ME is obviously a professional, it is basically his opinion based on his research. It's possible another ME might see things differently. I don't think it really has any bearing on the case, but interesting discussion nonetheless.

I am very curious as to where the original statement came from that the gun shot came first. I know that's what was reported for a long time.

here are a couple of hypothesis - shat first, still moving, lunging towards victim - defends every step w/ knife - not guilty self defense - he is stab reaptedly and in the heart then killed by slashing neck dead then shoots - guilty murder 1 w/ cruetly

if you watch the defense he tries every way to get the ME and detective to say shot was first

What defense is trying to do is get the ME to admit that he could have been fully functional and able to move about after the shot. The ME is saying, no, absolutely not. JA claims he was shot first. Defense has to prove that she shot him in self defense and then he continued to go after her. The ME has squashed that with his testimony. Her shooting him last is just as bad because it still seems like overkill either way. jmo

He may have had a gut feeling or a red flag but to me it seems like he never truly thought she would try anything...or maybe he thought he could take her on if she did. I do think he ignored red flags and his gut....I again wish he could have read The Gift of Fear.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I agree totally. Even though a person might joke about a crazy girlfriend or boyfriend, how shocking would it actually be to have someone attack you that way? I wish things would have gone differently for Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZukoHere