Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
right--her upbringing was not that "bad" compared to many - everything is relative. I just can imagine she was not cherished or encouraged or given much positive attention. her lack of self respect probably comes from parents not respecting her or teaching her self respect or modeling self respect.

Maybe they were not encouraging or nurturing. OR MAYBE they were, and she was just a born sociopath so it didn't affect her either way.

I worked in the school system for years. I saw plenty of loving parents with a couple of great kids and one sociopath and/or narcissistic jerky kid.

And, I saw plenty of rotten parents, non-nurturing, selfish types, who were blessed with amazingly wonderful children.

Sometimes I think 'you are who you are'---for the most part. Family circumstances certainly add or subtract something. But some kids shine through in spite of rotten parenting while some kids fail at life, in spite of great parenting.

I was spanked as a kid and grounded as a teenager. I was grounded one time for 3 months for staying out wayyyy to late. I can guarantee if I gave a sarcastic answer after I'd snuck out of the house at night I would have been slapped too.

But i'm just not connecting the dots to abuse.

Didn't Jodi say something to the effect that she wasn't able to give a response so he smacked her? Like she was out all night and came home 3 sheets to the wind? After one slap she still couldn't get herself together and got another smack?

I was spanked as a kid and grounded as a teenager. I was grounded one time for 3 months for staying out wayyyy to late. I can guarantee if I gave a sarcastic answer after I'd snuck out of the house at night I would have been slapped too.

But i'm just not connecting the dots to abuse.

I was slapped twice in my childhood. Both times I earned it! Never felt abused or betrayed. I was put in my place and learned where the line was, not to cross it again and that my behavior was unacceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they were not encouraging or nurturing. OR MAYBE they were, and she was just a born sociopath so it didn't affect her either way.

I worked in the school system for years. I saw plenty of loving parents with a couple of great kids and one sociopath and/or narcissistic jerky kid.

And, I saw plenty of rotten parents, non-nurturing, selfish types, who were blessed with amazingly wonderful children.

Sometimes I think 'you are who you are'---for the most part. Family circumstances certainly add or subtract something. But some kids shine through in spite of rotten parenting while some kids fail at life, in spite of great parenting.

To me, it sounded like she was in a tizzy because her parents weren't praising her artwork like she thought they should. She was basically complaining that her parents were not behaving the way she wanted them to behave, which was to elevate her on a pedestal and clearly they weren't having it.

Anne Rice? She wrote a series of books about vampires and witches, supernatural stuff. The vampire books had homoerotic overtones and the last few books of the series were getting pretty religious in nature. She also wrote sadomasochism erotic fiction long before the 50 Shades books under pen names. I used to have all of her books many moons ago.

THANK YOU , that explains a lot! So, we can trace the sadomasochism back to jodi just like the back door sex as being known to jodi before ever meeting Travis.

this is very common. Her parents owned a business and her mother put herself through school so I can see how they would not like the idea of watching with daughter try to become an artist. Its in the same category as trying to be an actor, musician or model. For every one that is successful many never come close.

My parents were mildly supportive and praised my art. However, they also taught me that it's no guareented income and the importance of having an education and a plan B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it hard to believe Jodi was beaten as a child? Do we really think she had an ideal upbringing, considering her later actions?

I think there's some confirmation bias going on around here. Seems some believe she is guilty and are just not going to believe anything that might help her case, no matter what it is.

I agree 100%

Prior to June 4th, 2008 Jodi had lived pretty much a decent life, the events of that day are another story.

It seems like the popular thing is to hate her and criticize every single strand of hair but yet for this to be a victim friendly forum...does not really seem like it all kinds of jokes and pictures with wooden spoons. I do not think posters would care to see knife animated pics repeatedly stabbing Travis.

Obviously something happened to Jodi and I do not think making fun of her abuse is something that should be done. I do not hate Jodi and I am glad I do not, I hate what she did and want her to be found guilty.

I do hope the sex tapes do come in, because they will give insight into the demeanor of both parties and are relevant.

I haven't read all of the discussion from yesterday and don't know if or when I'll catch up, but I was tuned in all day yesterday but not posting. I'm using DH's laptop while our pc is in for service.

Re: Jodi's testimony. I don't believe a word she says! JA has been coached, for sure, and her deadpan delivery indicates that she has no real emotions. Her eyes are dead - except when they dart from side to side, up or down, as she attempts to tell a story of her life that isn't true.

I think that Jodi has relationship issues and is desperately trying to find someone to love and care for her on her terms. She felt "betrayed" by her mother who disciplined her not unlike any other parent when their children act like "brats". Jodi is full of herself and thinks that she is better than everyone and, therefore, should be treated as if she is special. Her small voice and elementary-schoolgirl appearance don't fool me one bit, and I don't think the jury will be fooled, either. :moo:

I Agree! I'm pretty sure this has been posted before, and I can't remember when/who posted it, but here's a good link from Dr. Glass's blog as she interprets Arias's body language:

http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...01/03/jodi-arias-body-language-may-do-her-in/

I agree 100%

Prior to June 4th, 2008 Jodi had lived pretty much a decent life, the events of that day are another story.

It seems like the popular thing is to hate her and criticize every single strand of hair but yet for this to be a victim friendly forum...does not really seem like it all kinds of jokes and pictures with wooden spoons. I do not think posters would care to see knife animated pics repeatedly stabbing Travis.

Obviously something happened to Jodi and I do not think making fun of her abuse is something that should be done. I do not hate Jodi and I am glad I do not, I hate what she did and want her to be found guilty.

I do hope the sex tapes do come in, because they will give insight into the demeanor of both parties and are relevant.

Something happened alright, she was born. imo She is no victim of anyone but herself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member