Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #22 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi is talking a bit faster today. Wants to get to those sex tapes ASAP. It's been awhile :what:

I've wondered about that :blushing: Jodi must be going nuts in jail without having a guy and an active sex life.

Then I too was a willing participant in my abusive marriage to a disordered person and I too egged him on...he just so happened to appear as a normal, loving human being until I was deeply enmeshed in our relationship and was unable to walk away easily. Only I'm still alive to talk about my experiences because eventually I did manage to get away and he was arrested for other crimes before he could kill me.

You are very lucky to get away Brits. My sister was not. I completely understand what your saying and the struggles one goes through trying to get away from their abuser. People think its so easy "Just leave him/her". If only it was that easy. The abuser not only physically beats the person they beat them down emotionally too. Just because they are finally able to get away it does NOT mean they are safe actually they are in the most danger then. (at least until the abusers obsession turns on someone else).

Moo

Oh here is one of those things that once it's out there you can't stop focusing on it...It is.....

THE WAY SHE SWALLOWS!

Does anyone else notice this? It's hard like she is trying to get down a stuck pill.

Drive me bananas like nails on chalkboard!

OK so i just got back home, I'm now watching JA on the stand from this morning, except for the hair change and different blouse it seems more of the same as yesterday. Is there any chance JM has questioned her beofre the lunch break??? If not I think I'll just read here so I can catch up.

We're still on defense questioning and listening to her drone on and on about boyfriend #4.

Then I too was a willing participant in my abusive marriage to a disordered person and I too egged him on...he just so happened to appear as a normal, loving human being until I was deeply enmeshed in our relationship and was unable to walk away easily. Only I'm still alive to talk about my experiences because eventually I did manage to get away and he was arrested for other crimes before he could kill me.

Huh? Are you supposed to be Travis in this relationship? Sorry, it doesn't follow, but glad you got the opportunity to vent.

Word I'm going to hate by the time this trial is over: humanize

I dislike this word and IMO JA's testimony has not humanized her at all. She's a cold-blooded murderer and she's a manipulative, calculating, cold, lying, soulless disease.

Word I'm going to hate by the time this trial is over: humanize

I dislike this word and IMO JA's testimony has not humanized her at all. She's a cold-blooded murderer and she's a manipulative, calculating, cold, lying, soulless disease.

I liken her to genital herpes.

Have you noticed that Jodi lifts her voice up at the end of sentences with sad information. Most people drop their voice in pitch. She lifts it in ValleyGirl style, almost like she is asking a question. Totally robs it of any emotion.

"... we found out that she had pancreatic cancer, and sadly, she died a few weeks later?"

"We ended the relationship and broke up. It was kind of sad?"

It's called "uptalking", HRT (high rising terminal) and may also be referred to as Australian Question Intonation.

(I have a thing for forensic linguistics)

It can be heard in Second-Language English speakers of Mexican descent, specifically. Rarely appears in other native Spanish speaking populations.

I've been able to identify Latin English speakers of Mexican heritage as opposed to Cuban or Costa Rican solely by use of the high rising terminal.

Linguistic patterns are tough to get around. And fascinating.

JA's involuntary uptalking could be related to any number of early exposures.

I'm extremely irritating in crowds. =\

Are you ready for dessert?

bigphoto_dessert.jpg

http://www.rivercitycateringandbanquets.com/graphics/bigphoto_dessert.jpg

That gecko ad let the cat out of the bag about cyber food, but since we're suspending logic at this point in the testimony.......thank you.

Oh here is one of those things that once it's out there you can't stop focusing on it...It is.....

THE WAY SHE SWALLOWS!

Does anyone else notice this? It's hard like she is trying to get down a stuck pill.

Drive me bananas like nails on chalkboard!

Hadn't noticed but I'll check it out! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member