jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you happen to remember the robert durst case in galveston? crazy guy. he's killed several people. but that trial was about him killing his neighbor in a boarding house. he shot the guy, cut up his body and tossed bags into galveston bay.

his attorney, dick deguerin, convinced the jury it was self defense based on nothing besides durst's word. if i remember right, they never recovered his head, and durst said he shot him in the head. deguerin also convinced the jury that they should not consider ANYTHING he did after the actual killing as meaning he was guilty of murder. they bought it. they acquitted him of murder.

Is that the one where Durst was from the Ukraine or something and mentally challenged? And the dead guy's wife was charged with the murder? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong case.

The main point is - your answer isn't what I was hoping to hear. :)
Thank you, though! There is so much cover-up evidence... I wish there was just one iron-clad item of proof/evidence of premeditation that cannot be disputed or explained alternatively.

Then again, I have absolute faith in JM - he's been superb from day one and I'm sure there will be a conviction. I just have a little nagging feeling in a very small space in my brain that keeps poking me on this. I generally have no problem laughing at it, but since it's there I figured I'd ask the best group I know for such a question!

Thanks again.

I believe she denied that the casing landed in the blood. My theory is that the blood coagulated in a pool around the casing. It ran down the crack and pooled up. The casing is lying exactly where it should be if it were ejected after being shot from the shower area.

IMO, she shot him while he was seated in the shower, but rather than killing him, he was still conscious and knocked the gun out of her hand...as she testified. (She changed the location of where the shot was fired.) Best to keep things as close to the truth as possible.

how does SHE know where that casing went? she didn't pick it up. didn't even think about it, i guess. but how is she so sure what happened to it? was she taking time to watch where it went?

I can't get this case out of my mind.

Two points I want to make:

1) Many have pointed out in these threads that Tanisha ought to have 5 minutes alone with her. I completely agree. I have no idea how his siblings are sitting through this. God must be giving them strength. There is no way I could sit there. I have one brother who I completely adore. Thinking of someone doing this to him would make me completely nuts and I'd want to kill her!!

2) Can you even imagine having those images in your head? Of brutally murdering someone? Even a sociopath is going to feel something with those images in her head.

She makes me sick. If anyone ever deserved the DP, it is this evil being. :furious:

On your comment 1). Tanisha should have five minutes alone with her....with a gun and a knife.

The finger is all Arias has in her desperate attempt to convince us that she was abused. She has no other corroborating evidence.

She has no corroboration for all the other mud she has slung and never will
1) pedophilia (no pictures, no computer images, no texts or phone calls about it, nothing about it in her journal, she didn't tell anyone and best of all: the spiderman underwear was conveniently thrown away

2) he was a sexual deviant (so? she says she is a willing participant.. and just because she didn't jump up and down and turn cartwheels over it she participated and she "liked" it.)

3) he kept their relationship hidden/he was emotionally abusive: (she impeaches her own self with her 48 hours interviews and interviews with detectives.

and finally

4) physical abuse: all she has is the finger and that has failed her too with police interviews, witness testimony and pictures)

So, all she HAS is her bent up, pathetic finger to prove 1-4... there is not one other shred of anything that supports her claims. It is my opinion that if the jury can get the finger they will be able to do the right thing on deliberation day.:twocents::twocents:

The Jodi Arias segment tonight is a special. Not previously scheduled. I guess they want more people to know about the trial. I remember when the trial started almost no one I talked to had ever heard of Jodi Arias.

I hope my listings have the time right... the only Dateline I have is for 7pm MT (AZ). Well, I'll figure it out. Thank you, Laceybug!

Is that the one where Durst was from the Ukraine or something and mentally challenged? And the dead guy's wife was charged with the murder? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong case.

Thank you, though! There is so much cover-up evidence... I wish there was just one iron-clad item of proof/evidence of premeditation that cannot be disputed or explained alternatively.

Then again, I have absolute faith in JM - he's been superb from day one and I'm sure there will be a conviction. I just have a little nagging feeling in a very small space in my brain that keeps poking me on this. I generally have no problem laughing at it, but since it's there I figured I'd ask the best group I know for such a question!

Thanks again.

No, Durst was the NY real estate heir who killed his wife (in Pennsylvania I believe), then went on the run, ended up living as a mute transvestite in Galveston, where he killed his neighbor.

I remember, was it yesterday, that some noted weird that twice for an answer she said "not in Arizona" following her answer. Hmmmmmmm, me thinks someone in .........California!..... is what she was excluding so she wouldn't get caught in the rebuttal trap.. Thanks!

The investigator has been gone from the courtroom a few times also. perhaps following up on a few things.

Thank you, I think I will just make my videos private with a link. I am fine with spirited discussion but if posting what HLN reports is gonna be taken out on me - then I will pass!
Still here with you, ANJ!
oxoxoxoxo

No, Durst was the NY real estate heir who killed his wife (in Pennsylvania I believe), then went on the run, ended up living as a mute transvestite in Galveston, where he killed his neighbor.

Oh, okay - yes, I know that one. Thanks!

Thanks again.

no, durst is from a very wealthy NY family. he's the black sheep. he's nuts and he's dangerous. and he's still out there.

The Constitution is huge for me. Just wish Washington DC lived by it too!

But a defense attorney could ask a murderous client to make a plea or refuse to help them. I believe they usually just want the big fees and notoriety. IMO!

Sometimes the state simply will not plea, as in this case.

Hoover Dam bypass wasn't completed until late 2010 - opened for traffic (I believe) in early 2011. I say 'I believe' because there are a couple of different dates as to when the story ran, but the earliest "Bypass now open" is Feb, 2011 so I went with that.

I haven't paid close attention to this aspect of her trip... how does the bypass not being there is 2008 affect JA's story/testimony/timeline?

There are now no checkpoints, right?

I'm sure they have her traveling on a non-bypassed dam - but with this case, you never can tell! :)

IIRC, Arias testified that she was unaware of the checkpoint. I find that story doubtful as I'm sure that JM & investigators could dig up evidence that she took that route previously. And if she knew about the police checkpoint, she would have probably remounted the front license plate and flipped the back plate to right side up. And it's even more likely that she disposed of the evidence after dark on the way to the Hoover Dam from Mesa as to not draw suspicion at the checkpoint.

how does SHE know where that casing went? she didn't pick it up. didn't even think about it, i guess. but how is she so sure what happened to it? was she taking time to watch where it went?

the fog.... :wolf2:

Just for laughs I did a google search of whether turning your license plate upside would fool a traffic camera. No one seems to know. There were posts online of people reversing their license plate as a protest of some kind against the government, and it would seem that *some* states have very vague wording (the plate has to be visible but that's all it says) so it's hard to tell if it's always illegal. Some seemed to think that an unreadable plate would be kicked over to a human being for review.

I'm guessing if JA reversed her plate to fool a camera it was based on some urban legend that she heard somewhere. I don't think there's any way to tell if it would really work. JMO

The investigator has been gone from the courtroom a few times also. perhaps following up on a few things.

Like maybe to walmart about that 3rd gas can she claims she returned ~

I think I see rope in image 5:32:16, the lighted leg/foot/drag photo

http://s922.beta.photobucket.com/us.../shower_travis_murder_pics_xtralarge.jpg.html

You see it white in the foreground and part is sticking out from under Travis' arm, which has previously been thought to be his foot (I never thought so--far too tiny for correct proportions).

This would explain why rope fiber was found in the blood pools and why JA felt she had to take it with her.

Many here believe there was NO rope. It was a device for JA to explain the presence of a knife.

The perspective in the image is correct bearing in mind how close the camera lens is to her leg - see the earlier helpful reconstruction. That's Travis' foot alright, even JA and JM agreed on that point during her cross!

we have talked about where she showered for a days on end....

is it so easy to think she might have showered most of it off before she put travis back in the shower? using the cup for her hands and to get her dna off him? just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaLaBlackSheep