100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok if she had 3 gas cans in Pasadena for the purpose of making it all the way to Arizona and back out to Nevada without having to stop for gas -- then why would she only have put 2.77 gallons in the 3rd gas can and not fill it with 5 gallons?

IMO one of the gas cans had gas in it from Darrell. She topped it off.

The Priceline "air" transaction was after the gas. Who knows how much after the gas it was - no dates visible. But, I think most have said she flew back to Mesa for his Memorial (not the funeral). His friend picked her up and drove her around that day...she even asked him to drive by the house. :what:

Thank you, I meant to say memorial :blushing:

I totally disagree. The third can is a piece of evidence that proves she lies.

We all are pretty sure she wanted these cans to go undetected. But there is no tangible proof of that. Only speculation.

Even if we had footage of her filling up the third can all that will do is PROVE she lied. That's all

This is a death penalty case. Speculation is frown upon.

I believe she used the cans so not to stop along the way. I've said that all along as a person hearing this case.

But right now, as I type this post, I am playing the 13th juror and I couldn't allow speculation at this point. I'd require, proof. And Juan is proving she's a liar. That's good enough for me to question everything she says.

Not saying you're wrong at all! It's a double-whammy for her.

It absolutely proves she lied to the jury. Yes, that's huge.

But it will also perfectly fit the claim of premeditation - which is MANDATORY for a 1st Degree Murder sentence.

Lying to a jury doesn't necessarily suggest premeditation.

So, heres my question, Where is Mr. Martinez going with the last mine of questioning? The issue with Casa Ramos and the injured finger? I'm not understanding where he is going with that? Please advise!

He will have deposed her manager who will testify that Jodi never injured either hand while at work at their establishment. Another lie; more impeaching her testibaloney. In my opinion.

Ok if she had 3 gas cans in Pasadena for the purpose of making it all the way to Arizona and back out to Nevada without having to stop for gas -- then why would she only have put 2.77 gallons in the 3rd gas can and not fill it with 5 gallons?

Because in her haste to get to Mesa she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing and thought she filled the can!?

Fairly new here - can anyone tell me how you include more than one post when you are posting a reply? Thanks!

FYI Still here and catching up when i can. Thanks to all for posting. Mainly time to read only right now. 2 days after arriving home from holiday our 7 week old pup arrived from the South. I have no life now lol other than potty training,avoiding human teething bone,playing. She is a delight but a handful.

Pic please!! :square:

Do you know whether you can put gas in a kerosene can? Since she is into semantics, could that be why she claims there was not a third gas can? Could the kerosene have been used to burn her clothes etc? And thus cause the smoke smell?

You can put gas into a kerosene can. I believe it's only a different color in case you had both gas and kero and didn't want to mix them up.

And you can't buy kerosene at a gas station, that's usually some kind of fuel-oil place.

Where is it demonstrated that she only put 2.77 in one can? I apologize, I haven;t seen all the evidence.

Here are some plausible answers:

1. One of the cans already had some gas in it.
2. We don't know how much gas the car needed. Some of what we assumed went in the car, actually went into a can.

I'm talking about the transactions in Pasadena. The way the receipts look and based on Juan's questions, there were three transactions - one to fill the car, another to fill the two gas cans that she admits, and an additional 2.77 gallons which was implied to have gone into a third gas can (Jodi says it was to top off the car)

And that's the 150 additional miles she needed to go from Pasadena to Mesa and back to I-15 in Nevada without filling up.

The third gas can is monumental in premeditation, because it absolutely shows she precisely calculated the amount of gas she needed.

And don't forget, she hand-picked her car in the rental lot, because she didn't like the first one they gave her. It probably didn't jive with her numbers.

Oh sweetie....I get it. I believe it's all premeditation. We're all on the same page however.......having a third can does not prove anything. The operative word is prove.

It shows she wanted 5 more extra gallons of gas. That's all.

Let's say you found a stranded car along the highway with no driver. And in this car you found 3 containers of gas in the trunk.
Do the 3 containers prove anything to you?

Of course not. It's all speculation because the 3 cans can't talk.

I always thought she wanted to set Travis' house on fire so the possibilities as to why she wanted these cans of gas are endless. But just so I don't get beat up here..I do believe she wanted them so to stay under radar. That is my deep belief.

Re: Budget rental car

#113: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...gallery_780x583/2013/01/14/budget_3_-_qp1.jpg
budget_3_-_qp1.jpg

WHI FORD FOCU 4DR = White Ford Focus 4 door ??Year??

If 2008 model:
[http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/2008/features-specs.html?style=&sub=sedan]

ENGINE TYPE Gas
FUEL TYPE Regular unleaded
FUEL TANK CAPACITY 13.5 gal.

RANGE IN MILES (CTY/HWY) 324.0/472.5 mi.
EPA MILEAGE EST. (CTY/HWY) 24/35 mpg

If 2007 model: [http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/2007/features-specs.html?style=&sub=sedan]

ENGINE TYPE Gas
FUEL TYPE Regular unleaded
FUEL TANK CAPACITY 14.0 gal.

RANGE IN MILES (CTY/HWY) 336.0/462.0 mi.
EPA MILEAGE EST. (CTY/HWY) 24/33 mpg

[Sorry - Slightly blown margins!]

To determine the type of blade that made the stab wounds, he would look for one of the clean straight in punctures and get the most accurate "width" then find the deepest thrust wound where he could see she shoved it down deep.

With 29, he had a lot to work with. I recall 3" minimum depth on some, 1.5" wide (some 1" and some a lot wider) My guess is something like the ultra sharp restaurant knives used in the Kitchen by her cook friends, sharp both sides, compact easy to hold and hide

(and yes, I think she took a knife from work)

oyster-knife-pro-grip-oyster-opener-knife-3.jpg
Didn't she say on cross or direct that she had been given restaurant items when her dad closed the restaurant? She admitted to dishes and pans. I presume there was also knives and other utensils. Just a thought

So, heres my question, Where is Mr. Martinez going with the last mine of questioning? The issue with Casa Ramos and the injured finger? I'm not understanding where he is going with that? Please advise!

she injured her finger, she says, and told her manager but no paperwork was filled out, even though workplace injuries must be reported per state law. NOW she says 'well....i don't know what i said but i asked for a bandaid.' completely changed her story. so i'm wondering if JM is going to call that person to say nothing like that happened at all?

she has all kinds of stories about cuts on fingers. she also said she broke a glass at TA's house on june 4. that's why her blood is there. she WILL NEVER put that knife in her own hand, even though it clearly was. she has a 'foggy' memory of dropping it. she has a foggy memory of putting a knife in the dishwasher, although that might've been a different day. she's got a file cabinet full of lies for every question she's asked.

bumping this up in case it was missed..

I respect Web Sleuth's desire to keep threads from going off in different directions. That being said, in my short time here it does seem like it happens from time to time.

I know there is always the private messaging system, but how about an O/T thread in each sub forum for posters to get to know each other more personally and discuss various topics unrelated to criminal investigations and trials?

I notice there are various unrelated forums in the main forum, but even one O/T forum per each particular case/sub forum would help as I would imagine each particular case has its own community, so to speak.

This is how I can see it happening...

States Exhibit #237.011, ARCO Pasadena CA, 6/03/08 08:42pm, Fuel 8.301 @ 4.169 gal, Unlead 87 $34.61, Trans fee $0.45, Total $35.06, Debit Acct # 2015

- This is the car

States Exhibit #237.012, ARCO Pasadena CA, 6/3/08, 20:46:50, Fuel 9.594 @ 4.169 gal $40.00, Initial Pmt $40.00, PrePay Dep $40.00

- She goes in and pays $40 in cash. She has said over and over that she didn't want any overflow, so she didn't fill the gas cans all the way up. She could have put 4 to 4 1/2 gallons or so into each of the 2 cans and then put the rest of that $40 into the 3rd. It barely had any in it though, so...

States Exhibit #237.013, Duplicate ARCO Pasadena CA, Fuel 2.774 @4.169 gal $11.56, PrePay Deposit $20.00, Change $8.44

- She goes back in with another $20 to put more into the 3rd can.

Makes sense to me anyway Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member