100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan also mentioned a couple of other people's names (I can't remember who) and asked her about them testifying on her behalf, she said she it was her understanding they would. He mentioned Matt separate from those people so I took it as an implication Matt would not be among those (few) people testifying for her.

i believe the other 2 ppl were "experts" hired by defense

she injured her finger, she says, and told her manager but no paperwork was filled out, even though workplace injuries must be reported per state law. NOW she says 'well....i don't know what i said but i asked for a bandaid.' completely changed her story. so i'm wondering if JM is going to call that person to say nothing like that happened at all?

she has all kinds of stories about cuts on fingers. she also said she broke a glass at TA's house on june 4. that's why her blood is there. she WILL NEVER put that knife in her own hand, even though it clearly was. she has a 'foggy' memory of dropping it. she has a foggy memory of putting a knife in the dishwasher, although that might've been a different day. she's got a file cabinet full of lies for every question she's asked.

Could it be possible that Travis may have kept a hunting knife in his room? In the closet? Where apparently she would hide when TA was out and he would find her there?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but does anyone remember who picked Jodi up after she returned the rental car? They would have had to transfer her luggage (AND THE GAS CANS) to whatever car she was being picked up in, and then unloaded at her grandparents (where she said the gas cans ultimately remained).

Are we sure that the Walmart purchase was a kerosene can and not kerosene? Walmart sells both.

What I do not understand is why she feels all the gas can in Salt Lake City. That was stupid. I don't understand any reason for her to do that.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I think she probably did it because when she was eventually found out, her reason for taking the gas cans in the first place, or second :floorlaugh: (afraid of running out of gas) would be invalid if she didn't refill them for the return trip.

Laying the groundwork, so to speak. Or I guess we could also call the premeditation.

Agree, except that she deposited the $40 and $20 at the pump. she only went in after the last one to get her change.

I hadn't really thought about that, but it does make sense. I rarely see gas stations here (AZ) that have the cash option at the pumps. I think AMPM is the only one I've ever seen at it. That does make sense though!

Also, her saying that the 2.77 was to top off the car makes no sense. If you're filling up your car using a credit card... don't you just let it run until the pump stops itself? Why would she stop it at 8 something gallons and 34.61 or whatever and then decide... oh I should fill it all the way up. :floorlaugh:

Because she already had the other two!!! Hell, for all we know she might've had 10 gas cans. But let's deal with the 3 we know about.

This extra can, which holds 5 gallons won't get her any LESS detected than 10 gallons.

5 gallons would only take her about 150 more miles.

Having these cans and using them so to go undetected is pure speculation ( it's what I believe though) But proving Jodi is a liar will be priceless and a nail in her coffin.

Proof verses speculation are two different animals (as Jodi puts it) in a death penalty case!!
Juan is proving she is a liar. There is no way to PROVE what the cans were used for so in theory, the third can is inconsequential and pure speculation.

BBM - That's a long way, 150 miles bought her more time...

IMO

I respect Web Sleuth's desire to keep threads from going off in different directions. That being said, in my short time here it does seem like it happens from time to time.

I know there is always the private messaging system, but how about an O/T thread in each sub forum for posters to get to know each other more personally and discuss various topics unrelated to criminal investigations and trials?

I notice there are various unrelated forums in the main forum, but even one O/T forum per each particular case/sub forum would help as I would imagine each particular case has its own community, so to speak.

We have had 'sidebars' in other forums ... thanks for the suggestion... I will bring it up with the other mods... :seeya:

What I do not understand is why she feels all the gas can in Salt Lake City. That was stupid. I don't understand any reason for her to do that.

Took me some helpful posts to figure this out.

She was supposed to have them "in case" she ran out of gas in Nevada or Utah. With no fabulous "OMG I ran out of gas, sure am glad I had extra" story she had to fill them up to make it look like her precaution was just that, a precaution that wasn't needed.

best I've heard so far

Lying to a jury doesn't necessarily suggest premeditation.

Her lying from the moment she woke on June 3rd all the way to July 15th is proof enough for me it was premeditated and I believe the jurors will find that to be true too.

The fact that she lied about her cellphone charger on the way there....proves she was up to something.

The fact that there was a burglary in the house the week before this murder proves, something ain't right.

The fact that she lied to detective twice, proves something's amiss.

The fact that she butchered Travis then straddled the lap of Ryan within 18 hours SHOWS.....she ain't right!

The fact that she remains unattached and emotional-less demonstrates she's not right.

The fact that she made up the pedophile part (which Juan will prove. Watch!!) shows she's digging herself in deep.

I mean.....we can go on and on! It won't take long to convict her but the third can of gasoline won't be the catalyst.

Took me some helpful posts to figure this out.

She was supposed to have them "in case" she ran out of gas in Nevada or Utah. With no fabulous "OMG I ran out of gas, sure am glad I had extra" story she had to fill them up to make it look like her precaution was just that, a precaution that wasn't needed.

best I've heard so far

This whole post was just so wonderful, thank you for sharing this, M. Attorney.

I have respectfully snipped, as I am so far behind in this thread I imagine it has probably already been quoted multiple times.

I just wanted to add on to provide a link to a documentary about an adopted child with attachment disorder, A Child or Rage.

Child of Rage The FULL Documentary - YouTube

This give a very good insight into what MA is describing.

Sharing alot here. But, I work with families all over the world who have adopted kids with the same issues. I go to court with them to get help. I hold their hands when their child beats them up. I help them deal with the no conscience or empathy. I help protect them when their children physically harm them. I love those families because they do the hardest job in the world. JA has highlighted why we do what we do.

. . .

Thanks for letting me share. I hope this is understood the way it was intended. If not, let me clear it up before you jump on me - grin!

I think the knife was the smooth sharp edge. If it was like a serrated bread knife the M.E. would describe the more jagged torn type wounds?

And not pointing fingers, but as far as restaurant workers go, I imagine they sneak out some dishes, silverware etc. Maybe.. just maybe :)

:snooty: Are you accusing Jod-ster of being a killer AND a thief?????

:floorlaugh:

I live between Mesa and Hoover Dam, where it has been claimed she threw the gun out. I tried to get my BF to go on an adventure with me to look for the gun, imagine my suprise when he laughed and said NO , the nerve, he said I have been watching JA to much and I'm loosing it. I say WHATEVER LOL

already gas in one of darryl's cans---YES. i thought that at the time----still do. maybe he filled a lawn mower from that can. who knows? we DO know for a FACT she borrowed 2 cans from him.

biggest point for ME is that NOBODY carries 3 cans of gas with them on a trip for fear of running out of gas. you WILL come to a gas station before you ever burn that much gas. not to mention the space 3 gas cans take up in a small car. COMMON SENSE tells me this.

Do we know for sure the 2-cans from Darryl were 5 gal each.

I am thinking the 2.77 gal was put in a 3- gallon gaas can. Like what most people use for their weed-wacker. ?

I be dog gone if that were me I would travel that far with 3-gas cans full in my car. I would be so worried someone would run into me and they would explode. Or something spark in my car and make the vapors explode. That was very dumb on her part. Does anyone know if they were in back seat or trunk?

I hate going to get my gas cans filled for yard work and putting them in the back of my SUV. (Way back) I only have about a 5 minute drive and it makes me nervous.

He will have deposed her manager who will testify that Jodi never injured either hand while at work at their establishment. Another lie; more impeaching her testibaloney. In my opinion.

yes and maybe forms/claims they complete whenever an employee is injured on the job

Ok if she had 3 gas cans in Pasadena for the purpose of making it all the way to Arizona and back out to Nevada without having to stop for gas -- then why would she only have put 2.77 gallons in the 3rd gas can and not fill it with 5 gallons?

Because, when you borrow gas cans from some people, they usually have gas in them. That 1 was borrowed from Darrell and had a little bit of gas in it in my opinion.

Yes, I do not understand that. The deed was done. Why did she refill them??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner