Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought this over from the last thread

-----------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayice
I live in KS and there was a cold case of a double murder in Topeka. I thought they had no idea who did it until '48 Hours' did a special. Come to find out the ex-wife was suspected ..Dana Chandler...since she repeatedly stalked (I do mean stalked) and harassed the couple, including the children. It took years to prove she too used gas cans to avoid detection to make the trip from Denver to Topeka and back. Long story short, convicted of 2 counts Premeditated 1st degree murder.
THIS WAS A FRIEND OF MINE FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! karen harkness! i knew her first husband, dewitt, from high school. did not know her fiance who was murdered with her. this case drove us all crazy for years. her parents are the NICEST people---her mom died before she saw dana brought to justice. but karen's sweet daddy just dogged this case until he got justice----the '48 hours' piece was instrumental in putting pressure on the new DA to take this case to court. YES, the gas cans sunk her. what a vile, cruel person she was. her own children are afraid of her and knew she murdered their father.

i was born in topeka but moved away when i was 21. glad to see another kansan who knows this case. karen was just the sweetest, kindest person. like TA, she knew this woman was crazy, but i don't think she had any idea how dangerous she really was.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It only took the jury about 83 minutes to return with a verdict.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for bringing that over! the infuriating thing for karen's family and friends is that this monster was out there for 10 years before she was finally arrested, tried and convicted. the prosecutor at the time they were killed didn't feel they had enough evidence, and the topeka police department completely botched the crime scene. (the killer was a chain smoker. they tested no butts found outside the house. a half full bottle of wine was found in the guest bedroom closet----most likely hers since she was an alcoholic---and the police didn't even find it. karen's son found it cleaning out his mom's house a month later and threw it away, not thinking before he did it, obviously. she likely hid in that closet, drinking her wine, waiting for them to come home and go to bed, and then she shot them both to death.)
anyway, new prosecutor, finally got a trial and yes, 83 minutes to the verdict. and finally, justice for karen and mike and their loved ones.

Does anyone know more about the discovery of Jodi's 'lost' phone. We heard during testimony her aunt found it in her grandparents car in 2010 and handed it into police. JA says she lost it in there after going for Chinese takeaway .. is that all that's known?

All we have is her testimony that she parked it in the 3rd space. I would think the roommates would be able to debunk this, but we haven't heard from them (yet).
Well, on June 9 when he was found the roomates were there and they said nothing about Jody being there that day, in fact I believe in his report they were saying they all thought Jody had something to do with his killing...

So wouldn't they have said to him than that she had been there earlier in the week? Or that they noticed a strange car in the driveway, when they were asked of anything out of the ordinary had been going on...

There is one phrase JM said during his first cross of JA that stands out to me and makes me have no doubt that the sex and pictures occurred that day. I cannot remember his exact wording or even if there was a picture introduced because I was listening in my car on Sirius.

But he said something to the effect of "In this picture you are on top straddling him and he is penetrating you, correct?" It might be part of the sex video we have not seen, but I am positive if he is saying it was that day, then it was that day they had sex and took the photos.

(Sometimes I say things in my head and they sound better there than when I try to put them on paper, so to speak. I hope my thoughts are coming through correctly.) :) I will try to find the portion of that testimony.

BBM:

:seeya: I have always been confused about whether or not JA and TA actually did have sex on June 4 -- and I have always been confused about the "sex video" ...

If you can find that portion of that testimony that would be great !

JMO, but I have a hard time believing that they did have sex on June 4 because Jodi SAID THEY DID :liar: ...

But then again, you have the photos on the camera ... confusing, IMO !

:waitasec:

A GREAT amount of work to make that...the grammatical errors are distracting to me. Yes, I'm one of THOSE people. :) I know to others it's minor, but it would be more powerful and credible with those corrections. MOO

I'm "one of those people," too -- the grammar and spelling in the video were distracting.

Who was the guy that was asked to leave the court room 2-3 weeks ago?

I'm amazed he hasn't mis-spoken more. Can you blame him? Afterall, he is dealing with a twit who argues every single fact or comment. I'm just surprised he doesn't bust her in the mouth when she gets all snarky.

Yes, sometimes his tongue trips over itself. He has to multi-task when dealing with her. This is not a direct Q and A. He has to keep in mind his ultimate goal, what question to follow up with, and battle her for every inch, maintain control, while she tries to derail him all.the.frigging.time, sometimes as he's speaking. I dare anyone else to try that. I don't think he gets flustered; I think he's very single-minded. He has to think of many things at the same time and make split second decisions in dealing with her. There is no time to relax, knowing full well the games she plays. He does show remarkable restraint. Watching him is a thing of beauty-- it's like he's conducting a symphony. Absolutely remarkable.

I believe one of the two roommates was house-sitting for/with his girlfriend/fiance, so he was not there.

Does anyone know if there has been evidence or testimony admitted that would demonstrate Jodi was aware that his roommates would not be around on 6/4/08?

Especially with a gun that Travis had told her was not loaded. Magic bullet

My Mom brought up a good point about the gun. Lets say it was Travis' gun. He would know if it was loaded or not. If it were not loaded he would have laughed in her face.

I posted in the "Sidebar" that JM reminds me of George Washington for some reason. JUAN MARTINEZ FOR PRESIDENT!! :)

JM.jpg

GeorgeWashington.jpg

I don't recall Jodi's exact words, but yes, she said something like she gave that future date "in order to give herself time to do it" meaning the suicide.

I'm just shocked. Whenever she speaks of being suicidal in court I've assumed she meant since the murder, not since they broke up.
I wonder now if she was pre-meditating a murder suicide since 06/29/07. OMG!

I am convinced she is double/triple jointed. She is extremely lanky (in addition to being skanky) which might be an advantage to this finger trick!!

If you keep watching--- at times---her pinky finger also looks dislodged as well.

I have double jointed fingers, and I can lock all of them, and bend just my first digit. It looks pretty gross, lol.

Anyway, I actually successfully managed to make one of my fingers bend while the others were locked straight.

I am convinced she is double/triple jointed. She is extremely lanky (in addition to being skanky) which might be an advantage to this finger trick!!

If you keep watching--- at times---her pinky finger also looks dislodged as well.

BBM

:floorlaugh:-

I do see what you are saying about her pinky!

After looking at all those pictures from the link, I am making a point not to look at her face until next Wednesday! I am truly sick of her! :furious:

I think all websleuths should take a look at this short film it is the most likely way Travis was killed with the right time frame to.
Glad you posted the youtube link.

Yes that is a great presentation and I believe the last scenario is the true one!

My attorney sent me a book, "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout, when I was dealing with my ex. Coincidentally, the court-appointed psycologist/mediator that deals with my ex recommended the very same book to me. I have read parts, and it seems very good, but I have anxiety when I focus on this issue, so I need more time and distance from disturbing events, before I read the whole thing.

I agree about the excellent post by MormanAttorney as well! TY! :)

Thank you and big hug! :tyou:

I turned it off as soon as whoever made that asked Brian Carr if he was "mentally deficient." There are far better ways to make a point than to personally attack someone like that.

And I'm not alone in thinking he may not be all there, that's even more reason to stay away from nasty comments like that.

Agreed...very immature and inappropriate comments towards that guy. At the very least, the author should have demonstrated his "superior intellect" to make his points without name calling.

I looked beyond the noise and focused on the content. If you can, try to do the same...it is interesting.

If you look up La Violettes book, it Could Happen To Anyone, on Amazon.com and view the customer reviews, you will see the backlash has already started. Someone wrote a review about the Jodi Arias defense and how LaViolette should be ashamed for supporting such weak claims.

Oh Goody! Shame on her is right! :gavel:

ETA: Went to Amazon and read the review - It is really good!

My Mom brought up a good point about the gun. Lets say it was Travis' gun. He would know if it was loaded or not. If it were not loaded he would have laughed in her face.
:what: Smart Mom!! Wish her a Happy International Womans Day for us women obsessing on the case, who never thought of that!!!

Just jumping off of your post.

How close was JA to her mom in the couple years before her arrest? Had Travis ever met her parents?

Not very close from what I've gathered. Her Mom came to help her move and Jodi sent her home. She also said on the stand that their relationship was complicated but that she loved her.

To my knowledge Travis had not met her family.

I have a question for anyone who knows the answer...
Can the careers of these 'expert witnesses' really be destroyed?
If worst comes to worst can't they just move to another county or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark