Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know where I might find these documents? Please and Thank you!!

:)

http://www./show/l8bs75 Here you go! StephanieHartPI posted these a few pages back.

If you look up La Violettes book, it Could Happen To Anyone, on Amazon.com and view the customer reviews, you will see the backlash has already started. Someone wrote a review about the Jodi Arias defense and how LaViolette should be ashamed for supporting such weak claims.

there certainly can be repercussions. i think henry lee's star fell pretty quickly after a couple of cases he testified in----the one that finished him for me was phil spector's trial where he clearly took part in some hanky panky with the defense team. and werner spitz? he's older than dirt, i know, but his testimony in the CA case should be his last.

Maybe this is why Juan is saying she never had a cut from work and why not reported one to the management at the restaurant? At least not on the date she said?

Exactly! I don't know why the defense would submit those photos in the first place. As a former HR manager at a hotel with two restaurants, I CRINGED when I heard she had taken her own pics. No manager would just hand a SERVER who is taking food and drinks to customers a Band-aid without asking some questions. And, if it was a piece of metal, you run into some tetanus shot issues. OSHA is very strict on things like that.

But this doesn't look like a normal cut. That "pinch" on the knuckle is really strange. It looks like the type of injury she could have sustained trying to learn to load and shoot on her own. That .25 is a small gun. There's no telling how she was trying to wrap her large hands around it or maneuver the slide.

And, as we know from her failed "stingy" suicide attempt, JA does NOT like pain... :twocents:

I'm "one of those people," too -- the grammar and spelling in the video were distracting.

I also agree with the posting that pointed out that the personal attack to Carr was unnecessary. Again, it reduces the credibility. Attack the theory and its implausibility not the person. All that aside, really appreciated the effort to put it together.

Does anyone know if there has been evidence or testimony admitted that would demonstrate Jodi was aware that his roommates would not be around on 6/4/08?

So much going on I hope I am saying the right things on the right days - JA testified she asked him about his roommates' whereabouts before she got there so she would know how loud or quiet they could be in his room. Others here thought it was to determine if they would be there or not. Is that right, peeps? :)

Not very close from what I've gathered. Her Mom came to help her move and Jodi sent her home. She also said on the stand that their relationship was complicated but that she loved her.

To my knowledge Travis had not met her family.

I would be very interested to know how this situation played out. Why would she need her Mom there? If she needed money couldn't she have just asked and had some sent? If I remember correctly, the mom flew out? And I would sure like to know why she was dismissed so quick by JA.

I can't imagine the verdict going any other way!
She is so guilty she might as well be planning her last supper over this long extended weekend!

By the way, why isn't there court Monday or Tuesday? Although it's my 54th birthday Tuesday (March 12th), I doubt the entire nation is celebrating. But then again maybe I underestimated my country (smile)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Just wanted to give a shout out to ya in case I don't get on line or as usual get lost amidst the speedy posts!:seeya::seeya:

Exactly! I don't know why the defense would submit those photos in the first place. As a former HR manager at a hotel with two restaurants, I CRINGED when I heard she had taken her own pics. No manager would just hand a SERVER who is taking food and drinks to customers a Band-aid without asking some questions. And, if it was a piece of metal, you run into some tetanus shot issues. OSHA is very strict on things like that.

But this doesn't look like a normal cut. That "pinch" on the knuckle is really strange. It looks like the type of injury she could have sustained trying to learn to load and shoot on her own. That .25 is a small gun. There's no telling how she was trying to wrap her large hands around it or maneuver the slide.

And, as we know from her failed "stingy" suicide attempt, JA does NOT like pain... :twocents:

And didn't she say it wasn't from a glass but slid it on METAL!

Swear that was her testimony!
(Why I think Juan knows its a gun injury. Like how you explained it)

I still can't figure out how JA got Travis's limp body stuffed back into the shower with the portion at the bottom that has to be stepped over.

Holy Moly. All this technology to cheat just floors me. I already mentioned how Steph's photo shop scares me with it's possibilities, and now this??
What could possibly be a valid legal use for this?

Why would she alter the time stamp to show her being there the day she kills Travis?

The only way Flores got her to admit she was there was to show her the pics of her in all her glory..then came the Ninja story

Can Mr Martinez turn both Experts against Jodi (in an honest way) by allowing them to talk then presenting them with the new things uncovered?

Giving them a chance to change some info they thought about her?

As a veteran trial watcher, I can assure you that this has happened before. I posted about a suicidologist in the Mark Jensen trial who did a professional 180 when presented with ALL the facts and documents.

There will be a big problem if they only spoke with Jodi. Garbage-in-garbage-out applies. They may have spoken to others, who they will have to name when they testify.

It will be up to Juan Martinez to call into question whether there was any legitimate corroboration of what Jodi told them.

If they are "legit" experts as was the suicidologist, they will admit if their decisions were based on Jodi's self-reporting. We all know that, at this point, Jodi has zero credibility. They don't want to ruin their reputations if they are honest.

Hahaha.....my hubby came in and said,,,,,"argh....the trial....oh wait..no trial today hahaha.."

I said, right, no trial today.....but....you can still talk about it on here !!

hahahahaha

I understand how the 3rd gas can proves premeditation and is very, very bad for Jodi.

What I do not understand is why she filled 3 gas cans in UTAH, after she had already committed the murder and left Arizona. Was it really just to save a few pennies?! How utterly stupid and self-defeating!

I had this same question in the Thread on Receipts. The reason didn't hit me until I read your question. It goes to bolster her alibi that she took the cans to save money. It was a set-up for her claim of wanting to save money. However, it kills her claim that she took the 3rd can back to Walmart.

If you look at the amount of gas she bought in SLC, Winnemucca, and Sparks (total of 42.18 gallons), she had enough gas for about half the entire 6 day trip. The 2006 Focus has a 14 gallon tank and gets 23/31, the 2007 Focus also has a 14 gallon tank and get 24/33, the 2008 Focus has a 13.5 gallon tank and gets 24/35. The trip from SLC to Sparks appears to be highway, so I'll give the upper end of what she could get milage-wise, but realize it actually was a little less. 2006 Focus: @31 mpg she could have traveled: 1326.8 miles; in the 2007 Focus she could have traveled: 1391.94; in the 2008 Focus she could have traveled: 1476.3 miles. I'm not sure what model year she rented, but those are the most likely years. Anyway, the amount of gas she bought on that stretch was way more than she needed. It wasn't a whole lot of savings, so what was the real reason. The trip from SLC to Redding could have been made with 2 fill-ups, why the extra 15 gallons of gas?

if travis met her family was a juror question and i can't remember the answer! she said another time her childhood was ideal up to age 7, but didn't say anymore as to how it changed. that would be one question i'd like to ask her. her dad was married before and had a dtr from that marriage. i'd like to know the family dynamics as to why they aren't close but yet she claims there is an unconditional love. i'd like to hear her mothers story about how she was as a child. one of her teachers describe her as being more mature than other students, always impecible perfect in appearance and wholesome, the kind you would like your son to date.

the only thing we'll find out from the family is when they take the stand to plead for her life. which i'm sure in the case of her very ill father will be somewhat effective. when the family members testify, they won't say anything bad about her.

BBM: I have been thinking the same thing !

But I have not expressed my "theory" -- FWIW LOL -- because I do NOT know anything about cameras or those "thingies" that you put in the camera where the pics are saved on ...

Anyway ... I have looked at the photos from Travis' camera that were shown in court of him in the shower, and those "other" photos :puke: ... but there is just "something" about some of those pics that do not look right to me ... and like I said, I know ZERO about cameras and photography :waitasec: unlike the "expert photographer" who is on trial [insert sarcasm here about "expert"] ...

I will have to look at those photos again ... ? "hairless legs" :waitasec:

:seeya:

I'm thinking that she altered the EXIF data on some old sex pics, then put them on a memory card she had with her (she knew prior to the trip what kind of camera Travis had purchased), then put that memory card into the camera, before taking the shower/murder pics.

She kills him, then she dyes her hair brown so that when Ryan Burns sees her, it matches the sex photos. It also disguises her from how the rental car guy and any surveillance cameras saw her.

She knew she'd be busted. She just wanted people to think that Travis just HAD TO HAVE HER one last time before he died.

I just cannot bring myself to believe he had sex with her 8 days after sending her that text that said she was the worst person he ever met, and a complete psychopath. It makes NO sense.

As a veteran trial watcher, I can assure you that this has happened before. I posted about a suicidologist in the Mark Jensen trial who did a professional 180 when presented with ALL the facts and documents.

There will be a big problem if they only spoke with Jodi. Garbage-in-garbage-out applies. They may have spoken to others, who they will have to name when they testify.

It will be up to Juan Martinez to call into question whether there was any legitimate corroboration of what Jodi told them.

If they are "legit" experts as was the suicidologist, they will admit if their decisions were based on Jodi's self-reporting. We all know that, at this point, Jodi has zero credibility. They don't want to ruin their reputations if they are honest.

This DM Experts office is just down the street from one of my offices at the Beach. If things go well I will send her the biggest gift basket :) OH please just be totally honest once you know everything. (I feel for any expert that renders the opinion/reports, then 2 yrs later once it is time to testify they have a completely different opinion)

Ok she does say July 2009 she first told... (i think the Doc in San Diego, not one that is currently on the case)

A GREAT amount of work to make that...the grammatical errors are distracting to me. Yes, I'm one of THOSE people. :) I know to others it's minor, but it would be more powerful and credible with those corrections. MOO

I thought the same thing about the grammar and spelling errors, Queen! :blushing:

But, that is a fantastic depiction of the implausibility of her story, and what I think is the likely real scenario.

Whoever made that video is very talented at putting all the pieces together, IMO.

A GREAT amount of work to make that...the grammatical errors are distracting to me. Yes, I'm one of THOSE people. :loser: I know to others it's minor, but it would be more powerful and credible with those corrections. MOO
I'm "one of those people," too -- the grammar and spelling in the video were distracting.

And, you people are like my mother, the retired English teacher, who complainingly points out that a film was loaded with an abundance of annoying grammatical errors BEFORE I HAVE SEEN THE FILM!

So, when I'm finally able to see the film, all I can focus on are the damned grammatical errors! :furious: :floorlaugh:

Does anyone know if there has been evidence or testimony admitted that would demonstrate Jodi was aware that his roommates would not be around on 6/4/08?

:seeya: I have always thought it was sooooooooo convenient for JA that Travis' roommates were not around one June 4 ...

:waitasec: Was JA "snooping" and "spying" on the roommates ? Did she know WHO his roommates were and their names, and she was spying on them via their social network sites ?

I do not put anything past this sneaky ...

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member