Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: Tesoro gas station on 1699 North temple is not and has never been open from 1 am - 6 am . Here's their phone number to verify (801) 596-7784. Arias could not have bought anything but gas and that's only available to pay at the pump with a credit card as no one is there at that time.

Recent Facebook post from Justice4travis

I was JUST coming here to post this also lol! Great find! If true, I hope JM has this info.....couldn't imagine why he wouldn't though! Hope the jury gets to hear this too!!

While I have enjoyed getting some real life stuff done today..I feel like I'm in severe withdrawals.

I'm not sure if its trial withdrawals or Websleuths withdrawals though--you guys are addictive :grouphug:

With ya on that!

But hubby is on the way. A little slow going cuz of the snow but I got to go and make it look like I've done something in this house today!

Pups want to eat and go out. That's work in itself when you're bending over holding your sides! Man those kidney stones don't stop!

But I just know after supper ill be back here while he watches news!

:seeya:

When JA isn't telling an outright lie, she is telling half truths, IMO.

The outright lie is that Travis body slammed her to the tile, she hit her head, etc. but had the ability to break free from him and run down the hall.

The half truth is that Travis probably did say he was gonna kill the B after she shot him in the head. I dunno, when I get shot in the head, it usually puts me in a really good, fun loving, carefree and playful mood.

Agreed! There have got to be half-truths in some of those lies.

TA may have fallen on JA [JA said TA slammed her] after JA stabbed/shot [accidentally - right!] TA. JA may have then broken free and ran down the hall with the camera and placed it on the carpet while waiting to see what TA did/could do next.

BBM

OR, TA may have said "What, you tryin' to f'en kill me b*tch?"

OR, JA may have said, : I'm goin' to f'en kill you, b*tch!

I would pay to find out what the fight was about on 5/26. To my recollection, that was never brought up in court. It had to be something bad for Travis to be so upset and call her a sociopath, imo.

I've often wondered if he found out she had taped the sex talk. What a betrayal, and a horrible sense of humiliation thinking others might hear it, for him :mad:

I'm really beginning to feel uncomfortable with this public flogging of Jodi. This has turned into a bullying session just like the ones we try to teach our children is not okay.

Jodi is guilty of murdering Travis. She knows it, we know it. She will spend the rest of her life in prison.

HLN is making lots of $$ from the Jodi show. The quality of advertisers has gradually increased. We even have cheer leaders under the guise of highly paid 'commentators'.

Enough is enough. It's getting gross.
I see nothing wrong with a little public flogging of a cold blooded killer. A little shame, a little humiliation. She deserves every bit of it.

Please do not compare that to the bullying of innocent children, that is just ridiculous and disingenuous. IMO

she said the gas cans are in her grandparents garage, that she never got around to returning them to darryl.

I thought that I read up thread that they were both deceased now? can someone refresh my memory please?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if Martinez will call one of Travis's siblings to refute Jodi's claim that the .25 was their fathers gun given to Travis. Oh and Travis said its a secret...

Hello:seeya:

I am new to posting, but a long time lurker. This is my first trial I have been sucked in by... and what a doozy.

Yesterday with JM was GREAT! Best objection occured when JM said "Objection, Ms. Arias cannot answer because she says she doesn't remember...if she DOES remember then she should tell us".

Thank you to whomever posted the pictures of the suicide letters to Gma. IMO the little bit we can see looks NOTHING like a letter to someone, to me it looks just like a regular Jodi rant in her diary... Letters TO someone sound different than a journal entry...

Anyway, glad to be here...

HI Trials R Us :seeya:

I too, am new here. I actually found this great site by chance, from googling JA. Welcome!! There is so much information here, that I am afraid I might have computer chair arse ~ I spend so much time sitting in this computer chair reading posts, I'm afraid I won't be able to stand up straight.
Where is that suicide letter posted ? I have not yet seen it. But I did notice that as she was reading it right before trial (at her attorney's table) that she was crying....then when they put her on the stand, it looked more like an entry in her journal to me.

Can she be charged with perjury and be slapped with a defamation suit after all this is done just for good measure?

:seeya: She should be charged with defamation -- especially for the FALSE "pedofile" accusations against Travis !

Now ... IF a BIG IF, she does not get DP or LWOP, and she gets the next sentence [which info on how many years is posted here on this thread] ... then I sure hope Travis' Family will be able to file a Wrongful Death Suit against her ...

Even if she has nothing, it's the "principle" IMO !

:please::please::please:

I was mapping out a better route for her, just fly down to Mesa, Rent Car, then get back to airport and fly back home. She can't, she lives like in the Cascade mountains. I'm not even sure how Yreka gets mail. She really is in the boonies. Thankfully, you have to pack up like the donner party to leave and go to civilization.

:floorlaugh:
Yreka is almost 6 TIMES BIGGER then where I live!!!! Takes 45 minutes to even find a Starbucks! :grin:

Did you include her driving to Yreka and then back to Redding to return the car?

She drove around Salinas to the nail place then Walmart then back to return Darryl's remote...

She went to great lengths at one point (direct?) to describe where she parked the UHaul down the street. That's where I feel she parked the rental on June 4th.
Me too...I agree with someone else that posted I believe that JM is on this, and he maybe go into more detail with that...I always wondered why this was not brought up more, and the defense stayed far away from it...

You know I find it VERY telling that Jodi, who tries to sneak in an explanation for everything and can't seem to be able to just give a YES or NO answer was totally silent when the "19.65" purchase was brought up. That to me means she was caught of guard and couldn't think of a lie to sneak in.

BBM It could have been parked out front or across the street. She rented a car that he would never have associated with JA.
Right, I know it was a rental car, but seems like the roomate would have noticed it coming or going with his own car, the driveway is not that large...and why we would she lie about where she parked the car, she said it was in the driveway...I know it's just another lie, but again goes toward premeditation at not wanting to be seen!

Anger and fury toward a Defendant comes from the Defendant disparaging their victim. Not only did they butcher someone and stuff an innocent person in a shower, but then they spend years telling horrible lies about them for the sole purpose of avoiding a death sentence, or avoiding life in prison.

If this person would finally just say, OK i did it, I was angry, he didn't love me, I don't know where this anger came from, I killed him.

Even a teeny tiny bit of remorse for what they did, cry for him and his family not for herself.

We would back off. I speak for myself in that I do find it hard to forge ahead with my fury if someone really breaks down and says "Oh god what have i done to him! what did i do???"

I doubt we will hear that.. Not even as they put the needle in. She will say something like "i pray for Travis soul that he gets help in heaven for his pedophilia problem"

I'm really beginning to feel uncomfortable with this public flogging of Jodi. This has turned into a bullying session just like the ones we try to teach our children is not okay.

Jodi is guilty of murdering Travis. She knows it, we know it. She will spend the rest of her life in prison.

HLN is making lots of $$ from the Jodi show. The quality of advertisers has gradually increased. We even have cheer leaders under the guise of highly paid 'commentators'.

Enough is enough. It's getting gross.

What public flogging? I'm in Canada and there is no news coverage of the trial, so I only watch the live stream of court, and sleuth, via WS. Is the American media flogging her?

I shot at a range years ago and, again, I'm not sure how to best operate a semi-automatic weapon. I'd be a novice-novice, sort of like Jodi, if, indeed, she was a novice-novice. (I tend not to believe anything she says. I'm wondering now if Jodi's really her name.)

I'm right handed. I would probably hold the gun with my right hand and try to pull the slide with my left. (The opposite.) So, it makes sense to me that she somehow got her RIGHT index finger or other parts of that hand messed up. (Remember: the only photo we have is of that finger.) Her left hand would have gripped the gun and her left index finger would have stayed on the trigger.

I think she would have had both hands on the gun, which, with this size weapon and her size hands could have contributed to the injury. And Zowie! If that slide popped back on her knuckle, I'll bet it DID hurt!

Just my thoughts. Like I said, I am SO NOT a gun expert. But it makes more sense as to why she'd take a knife...

i don't remember the caliber gun i was shooting with my BF one day, but this happened to me. and MAN, it hurts like the devil!!! that kind of hurt where you almost throw up. and it did take a little chunk out of my finger. can't remember which one though.

All that rings in my head all day are the Defense Attorneys on TV that keep saying she was a victim of abuse, I can tell and the trial is going very well for her, she's got this one.

(gag)

Mormon Attorney

Thanks for your insightful posting this afternoon!

I would like to hope I am somewhat responsible for it by posing my earlier question so I am back for another round.

Jodi seems to be the most hated person on the planet at least her on WS by countless posts of LIAR or I hate her.

At the risk of becoming the most hated poster here at WS let me state I have never hated her, not even close. People kill and murder people everyday, if I hated just a few of them I would be filled with hate. It seems that since Jodi is under the microscope, she is hated for every single thing she does, including the way she blinks her eyes. Her photography is horrible, her lying, her art, her appearance, down to how she holds her glass of water, all are just lower than the low.

So here comes my question, forget everything we know and lets change the circumstances.

Hypothetical, had Jodi been raped and murdered in a viscous manner where she was the victim and had never done anything wrong herself.....Do you feel that all (maybe not all) of her lies would somehow become truths. Would her photography be great and would she be described as having such a promising career whose life was cut short?

Sorry, I left to pick up kids at school. I don't know if I will address your thoughts exactly, but I will try to share what I think. Psychopaths are very unique, no matter what the original cause. They do not feel empathy. They do not feel conscience. That is really hard for a normal person to wrap their brain around. I have literally seen a child watch another family member get terribly hurt and then start laughing and dancing as if excited. I literally had to tell this child that was not appropriate. The child was doing it because she wanted attention and knew that since the other child was hurt, the attention was going the other way. She felt she had to compete so she tried to be very cute and start dancing to get the attention back. It was not planned or prepared. It just was. From a young age, she had been taught that everything HAD to be about her or she was in danger.

When normal people see that type of thing, it enrages them. It provokes hate. They literally cannot imagine what would cause someone to "dance on the grave" of another person. We cannot project rational thinking on to someone who is not rational, but we do it anyway. We image the hate and rage they must feel to the person. The fact is - unless it currently impacts them - they are probably not thinking about it at all. (Ex: Ryan Burns just hours after killing TA. Even if it had been self defense, we would expect it to rock her world and it was not even on her radar.)

The reactions you are hearing on the board are what healthy people feel when faced with someone who is capable of committing such an extreme heinous act without any remorse or conscience. It was horrible to murder TA, but to do it and THEN have no remorse or conscience about calling him a pedophile, etc. is just incomprehensible to a normal person. I would even say it was healthy for people to be outraged.

It is also compounded because healthy people can feel and see the pain of TA's family. We can feel every emotion, cry with every tear. We literally carry some of that pain in us after seeing them. JA does not. Not judging. Just stating fact. She is absolutely oblivious to their pain - unless it benefits her. If it shows her she is winning, she can literally feed off of it and get joy from it. Again, I hope that as I write this that you don't hear judgement. I have seen this again and again.

The darkness people talk about in her eyes is real. For whatever reason, it is as if these people have dead souls. They are walking shells. No empathy. No conscience. No trust. Constant lying.

That's why you see the strong reactions. Kids I work with come that way. It is horrific to see what they can do - killing animals, hurting siblings, etc. without any remorse and, sometimes, with incredible joy. When you witness it, it is easy to feel extreme anger for the victims. Especially that, once they are caught, they continue to lie and justify.

Again, I keep wanting to point - no judgement. It is horrific. I tell you that we are all suffering worse than JA right now. We have more capacity to feel pain. Her hardest moment of the trial has been the brief moments where the jury does not believe her act. That takes the fun out - that means losing. The only fears she has are abandonment and not being special. TA hit the first. The jury just mortified her with the second.

I don't mean to ramble. If JA was murdered, we would have never seen this side of her.

The challenge in dealing with this every day - and many of my families do - is that anger, extreme anger, when you live with the constant lies, violence, and manipulation only feeds the disorder. In addition, the person to whom the anger is targeted, in this case, JA, is thrilled with the attention - positive or negative. So, if you hold on to the anger, you are making her feel better and making yourself feel consumed.

Not speaking about trial watchers, but people who live with it constantly. It is nerve wracking, no matter how much sympathy you have for how a person got there. It can be maddening to watch this type of individual in action. But, trust me, JA is flattered by any attention anyone gives her. Nothing on this board would offend her. She would be so pleased we all devoted so much of our lives to her -honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57