Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was mapping out a better route for her, just fly down to Mesa, Rent Car, then get back to airport and fly back home. She can't, she lives like in the Cascade mountains. I'm not even sure how Yreka gets mail. She really is in the boonies. Thankfully, you have to pack up like the donner party to leave and go to civilization.

BBM: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Mormon Attorney

Thanks for your insightful posting this afternoon!

I would like to hope I am somewhat responsible for it by posing my earlier question so I am back for another round.

Jodi seems to be the most hated person on the planet at least her on WS by countless posts of LIAR or I hate her.

At the risk of becoming the most hated poster here at WS let me state I have never hated her, not even close. People kill and murder people everyday, if I hated just a few of them I would be filled with hate. It seems that since Jodi is under the microscope, she is hated for every single thing she does, including the way she blinks her eyes. Her photography is horrible, her lying, her art, her appearance, down to how she holds her glass of water, all are just lower than the low.

So here comes my question, forget everything we know and lets change the circumstances.

Hypothetical, had Jodi been raped and murdered in a viscous manner where she was the victim and had never done anything wrong herself.....Do you feel that all (maybe not all) of her lies would somehow become truths. Would her photography be great and would she be described as having such a promising career whose life was cut short?

I don't hate her. I don't really hate anyone. We know she is a liar. That has been proven.

She was not killed or taped so I don't know how this hypothetical works.

She is who she is. Imagining she is someone else is just fantasy.
I think she needs to be punished and I think the death penalty applies here.

The victim is Travis. Not JA.

I can feel sympathy for someone who makes wrong turns in life. This is not a wrong turn. This is premeditated brutal murder followed by slander if the dead man.

Did you include her driving to Yreka and then back to Redding to return the car?

i searched Mapquest too....I found out that from Sparks to Yreka is 266 miles and the mileage from Yreka to Redding is 98. I live in Redding and the airport is on the city's edge of town, so you can add another 10 miles to your estimation. That puts her mileage to 363 miles.

You know I find it VERY telling that Jodi, who tries to sneak in an explanation for everything and can't see go give a YES or NO answer was totally silent when the "19.65" purchase was brought up. That to me means she was caught of guard and couldn't think of a lie to sneak in.

I mentioned this last night. I found that very telling. She knew where JM was going with the questioning. It was plain to see. I was shocked that she did NOT blurt out that is was a sundry purchase at the gas station store. It leads me to believe she knows he has proof it was gas and I believe he does but was waiting to hear her commit to the purchase being for anything other than gas and then lowering the boom on her. I still think he'll come back to this with the proof of a gas purchase.

Anger and fury toward a Defendant comes from the Defendant disparaging their victim. Not only did they butcher someone and stuff an innocent person in a shower, but then they spend years telling horrible lies about them for the sole purpose of avoiding a death sentence, or avoiding life in prison.

If this person would finally just say, OK i did it, I was angry, he didn't love me, I don't know where this anger came from, I killed him.

Even a teeny tiny bit of remorse for what they did, cry for him and his family not for herself.

We would back off. I speak for myself in that I do find it hard to forge ahead with my fury if someone really breaks down and says "Oh god what have i done to him! what did i do???"

I doubt we will hear that.. Not even as they put the needle in. She will say something like "i pray for Travis soul that he gets help in heaven for his pedophilia problem"

Yup.
I don't feel any sympathy for Jodi. None, zero.
Our justice system is to punish the guilty. If she's getting more hate, then imo, that's dserved punishment as well.
I just can't feel sorry for her. AT ALL.
What she did was inhumane, even evil.
I've never such a horrendous crime.
And I didn't even think she could be so cool about what she did to him.
When "Travis passed away". No, you monster, you brutally took his life.
As far as I'm concerned, she needs to be found guilty and put on death row.
And I'm against the death penatly, smdh.

I've often wondered if he found out she had taped the sex talk. What a betrayal, and a horrible sense of humiliation thinking others might hear it, for him :mad:

SHE may have played part of it to him. This might be what sparked the really angry email he sent her.

Tape was March 10, 2008 When was that angry email?

I'm really beginning to feel uncomfortable with this public flogging of Jodi. This has turned into a bullying session just like the ones we try to teach our children is not okay.

Jodi is guilty of murdering Travis. She knows it, we know it. She will spend the rest of her life in prison.

HLN is making lots of $$ from the Jodi show. The quality of advertisers has gradually increased. We even have cheer leaders under the guise of highly paid 'commentators'.

Enough is enough. It's getting gross.

I believe she is being publicly, and otherwise, flogged because of how blatant and pathological her lies are. SHE chose to put herself out there and lie on 2 shows before she changed her story to the newest "self-defense" story.

If "she knows it" then she should have admitted to murdering him and not put on this facade of self-defense and blame the victim. IMO she deserves the flogging she is getting here, there and everywhere.

"Bullying" implies that she is being "needlessly" harrassed and made fun of, for no reason.

IMO she is fair game. I say again, it is her OWN fault that she is being talked about/flogged.

On the phone with my DD who works for Budget. She says that you have to return a car with the same amt of gas that you left with or you will pay a premium charge for Budget to fill it up to that level or you yourself can go refuel it as part of the close out transaction.
If you bring a car back a day late you will be charged via credit card or you can pay cash.
Some cars do go out without floor mats but its not the common practice.
Cigarette smoking in a car results in up to a 250.00 fee which can be charged by corporate at a later date or the rental agent will bill it to your credit card when you return the car. Any portion of the closing transaction can be paid in cash. You can never split any part of the rental between two credit cards, you may use cash or a credit card.
To use a Budget GPS the fee is roughly 14.00 plus per day. It is never free.
If you have a special coupon it will not be charged.

I don't know if this answers any questions but I am picking her brain as I type.....

I was thinking of the comments of a married couple (friends of) travis on dr drew.
Travis told them that he would come home and find jodi in his closet! Standing there! Or asleep on his bed.
Stalker mentality.

I'm really beginning to feel uncomfortable with this public flogging of Jodi. This has turned into a bullying session just like the ones we try to teach our children is not okay.

Jodi is guilty of murdering Travis. She knows it, we know it. She will spend the rest of her life in prison.

HLN is making lots of $$ from the Jodi show. The quality of advertisers has gradually increased. We even have cheer leaders under the guise of highly paid 'commentators'.

Enough is enough. It's getting gross.

BBM:

I respectfully disagree : WS does NOT allow "public flogging" of anyone -- not even the murdereress !

JMO ... but it is Jodi who has brought this all on herself -- not the "public" ...

- Jodi is a killer ...

- And Jodi is the one who LIED and changed her "story" about Travis' murder ...

- Jodi is the one who has defamed Travis' Memory ...

- And Jodi is the one who "claims" Travis abused her -- which he did NOT !

- Jodi is a serial liar ... and you can bet your boots will be a "serial killer" IF -- IF she does NOT get the DP or LWOP ...

Remember : she bought a gun AFTER she killed Travis, which IMO, was for the "next person" if they did not cooperate or corroborate her story about Travis' murder ...

MOO and MOO !

She drove around Salinas to the nail place then Walmart then back to return Darryl's remote...
If that's true, the maximum added miles would be around 40 (17 miles from Salinas to Monterey) - still looking for about 125.

I mentioned this last night. I found that very telling. She knew where JM was going with the questioning. It was plain to see. I was shocked that she did NOT blurt out that is was a sundry purchase at the gas station store. It leads me to believe she knows he has proof it was gas and I believe he does but was waiting to hear her commit to the purchase being for anything other than gas and then lowering the boom on her. I still think he'll come back to this with the proof of a gas purchase.

Yes!!
It's even more obvious when you look at how she hurriedly tries to explain how she got injured at work. She talks very fast, trying to say every little thing she wants the jury to hear about that incident. But on the 19.65 purchase, she didn't try to come up with any explanation.
Very very telling.

:seeya: She should be charged with defamation -- especially for the FALSE "pedofile" accusations against Travis !

Now ... IF a BIG IF, she does not get DP or LWOP, and she gets the next sentence [which info on how many years is posted here on this thread] ... then I sure hope Travis' Family will be able to file a Wrong Death Suit against her ...

Even if she has nothing, it's the "principle" IMO !

:please::please::please:

I wish, since JM has already proved she has lied on the stand if perjury could just be thrown in before deliberations .. I know, futile etc, but would be fun.

Yes!!
It's even more obvious when you look at how she hurriedly tries to explain how she got injured at work. She talks very fast, trying to say every little thing she wants the jury to hear about that incident. But on the 19.65 purchase, she didn't try to come up with any explanation.
Very very telling.

Go back and look at her blink rate while they are at sidebar.

It increases significantly, imo.

DD from Budget says that there is no amount of cheaper that would justify JA getting a rental car ninety miles away from her home.

I don't hate her. I don't really hate anyone. We know she is a liar. That has been proven.

She was not killed or taped so I don't know how this hypothetical works.

She is who she is. Imagining she is someone else is just fantasy.
I think she needs to be punished and I think the death penalty applies here.

The victim is Travis. Not JA.

I can feel sympathy for someone who makes wrong turns in life. This is not a wrong turn. This is premeditated brutal murder followed by slander if the dead man.

I totally agree, and I will say, nobody has elevated Travis to Sainthood. We have mocked his company (PPL) plenty! Teased about it etc. And people have been rather scolding about him in the dating department. I think though, that comes from a slight lack of understanding his Mormon Religion where they are getting ready for marriage, they are looking for life partners, there are many significant landmarks for them such as turning 30 and not being married (and these Wards that I have only just learned about) So at first when I had the thought he sure was a ladies man and dated way too much, I have come to understand they really are trying to find a partner to marry.

Holy crap what they must think of me a woman at 48 who never married and didn't have kids! yikes :)

Bottom line, I don't think he was a ladies man anymore. But I think she was an opportunist as a pretend Mormon to find a husband once she realized it...

I see nothing wrong with a little public flogging of a cold blooded killer. A little shame, a little humiliation. She deserves every bit of it.

Please do not compare that to the bullying of innocent children, that is just ridiculous and disingenuous. IMO

If the point the OP was making is that is kind of petty for the TH's to ridicule JA because she has a cold sore or because her pants are frumpy then I totally agree, especially after reading the insightful posts by Mormon Attorney earlier today. It does get a little tedious on this forum when I am trying to keep up with an intelligent discussion about a fact or something that happened in the courtroom, but have to slog through four pages of posts of debate on whether or not JA's glasses are real or fake. I don't think anyone here is a JA supporter in any way shape or form, but you must admit that sometimes the personal bashing, especially coming from grown-ups, is a little bit silly. Just sayin'.

I wasn't able to watch JM in action yesterday, but did today. After reading here last night I couldn't wait to watch it for myself. Wow. Just wow. I've only been following the trial for a week or so (the day before cross started actually), but yesterday I saw sheer fear on her face. It's like she was afraid to even bat an eye. So amazing to see her put in her place.

A little off topic, but does anyone know why Wilmott was not the one directing questions to JA, instead of Nurmi? Was this a calculated strategy, or did they feel Wilmott just did not have the experience?

I know disparaging remarks are discouraged here - but let's face it, Nurmi is such a disgusting, long-winded, perverted slob that I think the jury now hates him almost as much as JA. They are done with his nonsense. He is clearly detracting from the defense presentation at this point.

The only time I saw Wilmott on the floor, she actually seemed fairly likeable.

idk but i think possibly nurmi because he deals with all kinds of sexual crimes, doesn't get as embarrassed as wilmondt with the sex talk and all. jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_