the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's Alice LaV - it appears Jodi called her a liar a few times....

That was such a sweet set up by JM. What is the expert going to do now when JA just showed herself a liar again to that expert?

He needs to clinch it by telling the jury the measurements of the closet, or something like that. She's obviously lying and he needs to spell it all out imo. I just can't trust juries to draw inferences anymore, not after the Pinellas fiasco. jmo

The standard height from floor to inner top of a door frame is about 82". No way the picture on the shelf she pointed at is at her "eye" level

So she remembers every Starbucks frappaccino order, every nuance of every intimate act, and what lubricant was used, but not whether she put the stabbing knife in the dishwasher?
They gave her the phone records and asked a specific question about how many calls and texts there were in a specific time period, but she couldn't give an answer, just an estimate? No calls, texts or emails on the 3rd or 4th?
So they didn't talk, she just stopped by without having communicated with him for two days?
I thought he talked her into it? Or at least knew she was coming. How would he know if they didn't communicate in any way? I completely believe he had no idea she'd be stopping by - to Arizona.

I've been over to the court watchers thread, but couldn't find it. Is there a way someone can get an actual copy of the DT witness list so we know if the two experts are the only ones on it?

If Mr. Martinez and Mr. Nurmi would quit questioning her about the Book of Mormon and Mormon chastity/lying rules and Mormon bishops she probably would not talk about it. Weird that so much Mormon religion is brought up in this trial.

It shows what a duplicitous (that sounds like a jodiword) *advertiser censored* she is.

What a waste. Most of you keep thinking Juan is going to pull a big "OMG" moment out from behind but....nope. I knew it. He's too fixated on semantics and getting Jodi tripped up when he's the one who ultimately loses his momentum.

Major disappointment!
I think this case is too big (too many nooks and crannies) for just one person.

Why does Flores get to sit at the States' table? Don't you have to be an accredited degree holding lawyer (paralegal) to sit up there? I mean, glad he's there. Wish he could take over though!

The big picture seems to be lost...and he jumped around a lot. I think she's toast either way, but these 5 minute fencing matches over minutiae detracts from the narrative imo

Just quoting here...

Originally Posted by ButForFortune
'Did she just blow it? Didn't she testify before the break that she saw Travis take gun and go somewhere in December? She didn't include that when she just answered juror question and said only saw gun three times.'

She forgot her lie already...lol
Yes epic fail. She now said she saw it once when she discovered it once when she was cleaning and once when she grabbed it.

OH!

HLN is just now showing the jury question part for those who missed it live.

If Mr. Martinez and Mr. Nurmi would quit questioning her about the Book of Mormon and Mormon chastity/lying rules and Mormon bishops she probably would not talk about it. Weird that so much Mormon religion is brought up in this trial.

She has used the religion for many things. In trial she is using Travis' love and respect of the religion as a way of hurting him, making him look bad. Trying to embarrass or humiliate his family. What she didn't count on was the strength of his family and their knowledge of their brother in that he was a normal male that made mistakes in the church's eyes. What she didn't realize was their absolute resolve in making her pay and pay in full for the butchering of him.

Good lord what an unproductive day.

I think it was very productive - especially earlier in the day when JM was making the point about how the timing of the pictures in Travis' camera prove that her story of how the murder happened was a lie.

Wasn't the juror question how many calls/texts/emails for June 3-4? If so, the 5-9 calls isn't accurate, is it? Didn't he last talk to her on the 2nd?

BBM
I believe , yes. The question was how many calls/texts/emails from the evening of the 3rd & the 4th.

So ... JA went to her bishop, AFTER SHE MURDERED TA, and admitted "sexual sin" with TA but lied by omission to having murdered TA ...

How is it that any representative from the Mormon faith continues to visit or have anything whatsoever to do with JA at the jail?

Wouldn't JA have been summarily excommunicated and for all eternity? TIA

I planned to watch the trial only while the killer was on the stand. Can someone convince me to watch the remainder?

Don't bother. I don't think I am either.

She will be found guilty in about 3 weeks.

The trial ain't the trial of the century that's for sure. In fact, it's boring. There are no unveiling or 'gotcha' moments. Juan isn't using his time efficiently or effectively.
Jodi is laughing and I can't say, I don't blame her. She stays composed (in her psychotic way) and Juan gets flustered.

He goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on causing Nurmi to get pissed so he keeps objecting almost in spite!!
It's monotonous to say the least.

Ugh!!!

Because there were none... She just wants the world to believe he begged her to come over. Member jodi evidence = no evidence

Ahhh, I gotcha.

I can't tell you how many times I take something she's said as fact, and then once I try to make it work in my mind (and it doesn't), I have to remind myself "She's a liar! Hello!"

*kicks self*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member