trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to comprehend why a Psychologist with such experience would compromise his position for a few bucks, especially after being fined in NJ for unethical behavior.

Tsk, tsk, Dr. Samuels name/role in the JA book/movie is not going to fare well, this is beyond embarrassing, he is unethical, incompetent and a liar, mighty toxic combination.:facepalm:
I don't think its down to money alone. I personally (especially after today) think its pretty likely the Doc is narcissistic. It would go a long way in explaining why he seems to feel such an affinity for Jodi. Birds of a feather and all that.

If he is it makes sense he's an expert defense witness for hire. It would appeal to his ego and make him feel uber important (despite his lack of education, peer reviewed articles, teaching stints, etc in addition to his questionable ethics). A nationally televised trial, in which he could look important and knowledgeable, would be like honey to the Pooh Bear of narcissists. Irresistible.

Some narcissism is a good and even healthy thing...but too much of it leaves us with doctors believing they are superior to codes of ethics, should presume a diagnosis based mainly around what benefits them, and are seemingly immune to what would be requested of any expert - like validating their diagnosis or having their notes in court. ;)

Line of the day: "I probably should have readministered that test." :floorlaugh:

Here's a little something else to add cheer to your day. I couldn't help but think of you and take a picture when I saw this card...
Emu Card.png

Jodi and her entire defense team may be on suicide watch tonight.
I bet even Juan is amazed at how easily this all went down today.

I still can't help but wonder if this defense was built around Samuels' theories. He was on the team during the "Ninja" defense. He said that he and Nurmi confronted JA about her Ninja story and was stopped by the DT from completing his comment. IMO, PTSD and battered woman self defense theory was suggested by Samuels as a better defense that he could help to build.

Why is NG pretending court is still live? Clearly ended a half hour ago! She knows her show is aired at 8pm Est and the court ends 730 Est... Lol she is often inaccurate but this is just plain wrong! Oi!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

To me it is live still. I'm watching HLN :blushing:

Willmott: Objection, can Mr Martinez not yell at the witness
:laughcry:

From the previous thread:

Wow...Juan is using their witness to totally put to rest any warm fuzzies for JA that is for sure.

This guy may have to get a new career after this.

Kelly

Sadly, these guys often continue to testify in court cases. That "blood expert" who testified in the Michael Peterson case is still testifying, I think, and I thought he was in danger of committing suicide after his utter humiliation in court (lying about credentials; I think he even used a major university's letterhead to forge something).a

Spitz, DeMaio and Baden all continued to testify and skate by on their name recognition, even though they've all given blatantly bad, obviously biased (to the point of being ridiculous) testimony in high-profile cases.

Tomorrow morning he starts grilling this dude again!!

I have a feeling that this cross will be shown in law schools for years and years and years to come. JMO

What do the lawyers think?

:seeya: Steely, TY ! Oh good ... more Juan in the morning :great:

I feel bad for Samuels. I think that he was in over his head before he started. I think that he was taken with Jodi in a "man she is so sad kind of way."
I think he thought he was helping her.

But I think he was unprepared by his defense team. I think that lies completely on their shoulders not his. I think the used this man because they could not get another to say that Jodi had any mental issues..

He should not have been used in this case. It is not his specialty and he comes off, sadly , as not expert enough to be up there.

I do feel bad for him because it must be embarrassing what he is going through right now.

I think it's the public humiliation that a little bothersome. If the case hadn't been televised it wouldn't be so bad, but now it's going to be all over TV and YouTube. Unfortunately, he brought it on himself, so I'm only feeling a very slight smidgen of pity.

While this trial has been the most frustrating I have ever watched due to the constant stops it has been the most exciting.

Juan is absolutely the best of the very best I have ever seen. OMG I could watch him in action all day long.

Travis' family has to be so proud that Juan Martinez is the mighty warrior that fights for justice. He is beyond amazing. I am in such awe of this wonderful man who is so passionate and stands tall for the victim.

Every witness for the defense he has made into a state witness. Everyone. Outstanding.

imo
Absolutely the best I've. Seen! Even Beth Kara's thinks so.
I love his style. You know the negative. Talking heads envy martinez. And his passion.

Just an observation on the live video stream today:

1. Has anyone noticed what appears to be a rather significant scar just above JA's left elbow. Wonder if that was from the murdering of TA?

2. When JA is not actively involved she seems to go a little catatonic at times - sort of an eerie blank stare for about a minute or more.

Wonder if the jury watches her carefully from time to time.

Did Wilmott really do that ?:what:

LOL! No that was Wendy Murphy. She said the jury had to listen to two weeks of bulls*** with JA on the stand and now will have to listen to two weeks of more BS by the experts. Or something like that.

IMO

To me it is live still. I'm watching HLN :blushing:

Not live, taped when it was live. I thought the same thoughts when NG said it was live. She apparently also uses crib notes about the day's happenings. And she is not camped out outside the courthouse. Makes the viewers thinks she is there night and day. Not quite the truth.

Jodi mom was laughing in court! There's something wrong with that family. Inappropriate behaviour s at the most serious times.

I feel bad for Samuels. I think that he was in over his head before he started. I think that he was taken with Jodi in a "man she is so sad kind of way."
I think he thought he was helping her.

But I think he was unprepared by his defense team. I think that lies completely on their shoulders not his. I think the used this man because they could not get another to say that Jodi had any mental issues..

He should not have been used in this case. It is not his specialty and he comes off, sadly , as not expert enough to be up there.

I do feel bad for him because it must be embarrassing what he is going through right now.

I hope his screwed up testimony is not grounds for appeal:please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member